GDT: Game 22 | Senators @ Canadiens | No Edition Edition | Wed Nov. 20th, 7:30PM | SN, RDS

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
But the team we have right now we will have for a long time. It’s not like we suck right now. They are playing some pretty damn good hockey. They beat a hot Flyers team and now the Canadiens. In fact I would say we could beat anyone out there except maybe the Bruins and Islanders. Yes I want a good draft pick but if this team made playoffs this year and even have a good fight in the first round I would be happy. It’s mind blowing that some are not happy about this team right now. The last 10 games they have played some awesome exciting hockey. Hell we even gave the Blues a good game!

Exactly. One (or even two) top picks in the draft will not save the team if it is a complete tirefire otherwise (I assume I don't have to mention the examples). Any positive signs shown from the team as is are good signs for the team that whoever we pick ends up joining. At the end of the day there's still a good chance we run out of steam towards the end of the season when teams start pushing harder, but for now I'll take any wins we can get because another thing is the last thing we need is the kids getting disenchanted and cranky

Reactions: tardigrade81

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Missed the game, catching up on the highlights... But at first glance, whoo boy, did Petry ever look awful on the winning goal last night.

Tierney was just like "uhh... Ok, you're just gonna let me hold the puck here and wait for the streaking winger? Cool man, I'll take it".

Didn't he fall too? He was fondling Tierney gently and Tierney was standing there exactly as you said, then he fell for the love of beans. And Tatar and Suzuki were meandering in the Sens zone wondering who should be bothered trying to catch BT - which, you might as well not bother because he's stronger than both of them combined. I couldn't believe my eyes when BT took off and the two Montreal nerds were standing there holding their respective wieners.

Reactions: Deku and BonkTastic

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Exactly. One (or even two) top picks in the draft will not save the team if it is a complete tirefire otherwise (I assume I don't have to mention the examples). Any positive signs shown from the team as is are good signs for the team that whoever we pick ends up joining. At the end of the day there's still a good chance we run out of steam towards the end of the season when teams start pushing harder, but for now I'll take any wins we can get because another thing is the last thing we need is the kids getting disenchanted and cranky
Well said. We beat Tampa who is better Than their record shows. Nearly beat St Louis but fell apart. Beat Flyers and nowcanadiens. Not sure what more people want from us to prove we are a decent team?? This team is playing some damn good hockey and I for one am not going to sit there and say “stop it, I want better picks” give me a break.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
In theory, if you could simply simulate the season, it would be nice to have a 1-4 pick locked in. In practice I want the team to win every single game I watch.

If I ignored them for a season it would be ok, but this team plays in a way that has me watching every game, and I can’t help but desire wins and more wins.

It’s along season, let the chips fall where they may, enjoy the ride, etc.... :)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's good to see a number of the UFAs playing so well & increasing their value as we move towards the trade deadline. That means better picks & prospects coming back the other way for Ottawa, or at least it should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad