GDT: Game 22 | Senators @ Canadiens | No Edition Edition | Wed Nov. 20th, 7:30PM | SN, RDS

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I named my new cat Brady Tkachuk because he's a big, lumbering beast that can be a pain in the arse. Tonight, the real BT showed my kitty how it's done.

Attachments

• Resized_20191113_122149.jpeg
    Resized_20191113_122149.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 7

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Our smaller guys looked good against Montreal. Ennis' motor was on display. Paul OTOH looked out of place.

Not sure we deserved this win. Outshot by a large margin, and dominated during big chunks of the game. I'm happy we won, but if I have to choose the victories in a season where we need to draft high I'd rather we keep to only winning the games we deserve to win.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Love that goal by Tkachuk. Can't think of a better goal he's scored so far. Skated like I've never seen from him, and scored a clutch goal on price.

Reactions: Slack

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Love that goal by Tkachuk. Can't think of a better goal he's scored so far. Skated like I've never seen from him, and scored a clutch goal on price.
His goal against Calgary is the same. Probably the best goals he scored so far.

Namestikov is most likely out the next game after getting rocked. Borowiecki was on the ice and did zilch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Damn straight! Nothing like hanging around all night while MTL struggles to score on their chances, and then bury them in OT with a beauty.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Anderson pretty lights out after garnering a lot of criticism on here. Glad he's still got it in him.

Sometimes you just have to hold out and take your chances. Tankers can whine but I'll take spoiling the night for 20 000 enraged Habs fans

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Anderson pretty lights out after garnering a lot of criticism on here. Glad he's still got it in him.

Sometimes you just have to hold out and take your chances. Tankers can wine but I'll take spoiling the night for 20 000 enraged Habs fans

He is an avid reader on here, for sure.

Andy loves Montreal and plays well against Price. :thumbu:

Reactions: NyQuil

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Look at how kids celebrate after win. They want and love to win. 3 points out of wild card. I want PO.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Look at how kids celebrate after win. They want and love to win. 3 points out of wild card. I want PO.

I like to picture Tkachuk's reaction if a bunch of fans went up to him and told him how his OT goal really set organizational goals back.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Why is it shocking to you though?

Given that this year the Sens actually have their 1st rounder and the draft is deep as it is that the discussion of actually drafting top 5 would prevail and be preferred over making the playoffs.
But the team we have right now we will have for a long time. It’s not like we suck right now. They are playing some pretty damn good hockey. They beat a hot Flyers team and now the Canadiens. In fact I would say we could beat anyone out there except maybe the Bruins and Islanders. Yes I want a good draft pick but if this team made playoffs this year and even have a good fight in the first round I would be happy. It’s mind blowing that some are not happy about this team right now. The last 10 games they have played some awesome exciting hockey. Hell we even gave the Blues a good game!

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
But the team we have right now we will have for a long time. It’s not like we suck right now. They are playing some pretty damn good hockey. They beat a hot Flyers team and now the Canadiens. In fact I would say we could beat anyone out there except maybe the Bruins and Islanders. Yes I want a good draft pick but if this team made playoffs this year and even have a good fight in the first round I would be happy. It’s mind blowing that some are not happy about this team right now. The last 10 games they have played some awesome exciting hockey. Hell we even gave the Blues a good game!
Yes and we can make one or two trade for have talented player ex : Pulju and Hall

Reactions: tardigrade81

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Maybe here with your guys and Dj would be happy. I don t know why but every player trade here turn to be playing pretty well

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe here with your guys and Dj would be happy. I don t know why but every player trade here turn to be playing pretty well

Part of me worries about what parachuting a big talent into this team would do but another part of me says you have to take advantage of opportunities around the league.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Interesting choices - both with character issues.

Their value is at an all-time low but do I want them near my dressing room?
Sometimes these guys break bad habits and change with a new team. Not sure why that is but it is. D.J Smith doesn’t seem the type to tolerate character issues and issues off ice. Maybe they come here and are the missing pieces we need.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Missed the game, catching up on the highlights... But at first glance, whoo boy, did Petry ever look awful on the winning goal last night.

Tierney was just like "uhh... Ok, you're just gonna let me hold the puck here and wait for the streaking winger? Cool man, I'll take it".

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad