GDT: Game 22 | Senators @ Canadiens | No Edition Edition | Wed Nov. 20th, 7:30PM | SN, RDS

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just blows my mind.

Our future core is out there contributing to these wins.

Would it be better if Tkachuk, Chabot and Co. sucked ass?

How bizarre.
Why is it shocking to you though?

Given that this year the Sens actually have their 1st rounder and the draft is deep as it is that the discussion of actually drafting top 5 would prevail and be preferred over making the playoffs.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't think a core of Tkachuk and Chabot are enough to build a Cup winning team around.

If you do, then you're welcome to that opinion.

But if they can carry to this team to the playoffs, at their young age, then maybe you're underrating them?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why is it shocking to you though?

Given that this year the Sens actually have their 1st rounder and the draft is deep as it is that the discussion of actually drafting top 5 would prevail and be preferred over making the playoffs.

I don’t understand how winning a few games in a row precludes that from happening.

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
The amount of games that have gone to overtime this season is insane. It has resulted in such a small difference between the top of the league and the bottom. The margin is not all that great two months into the season. Teams have accumulated too many single points off OT/SO losses. So much parity in the league I'd have to assume it is what they are aiming for? Either way seems pretty interesting.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
But if they can carry to this team to the playoffs, at their young age, then maybe you're underrating them?

Half the teams in the league make the playoffs. It's not super hard to do. Only one team wins the Cup.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you think you can become a contender only through the draft you are delusional.
This team is not going anywhere with this ownership regardless. Fact.
Really reached on this one. Calling someone delusional based on a statement you made is an unbelievable way to engage in a discussion.

Agreed on ownership. But the best and only way to get a franchise level forward is through the draft for this franchise. If you think there is another viable way please let me know im open to any ideas.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm sure we can at least enjoy this particular moment together.

YEXglK8.png

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Damn, I love cheering for a team like this. This is like a young Pesky Sens.

I want that top pick, but I cant cheer against this team.

#Conflicted.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If you think there is another viable way please let me know im open to any ideas.

I would argue that the ideal scenario under current ownership is that a late draft pick turns into a franchise player after signing a reasonable contract. Drafting a franchise player in top 5 almost guarantees they'll price themselves out. Just look at what happened in Toronto.

...or a reclamation project type trade, like Duclair is another avenue. That's how the Flames got Iginla.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would argue that the ideal scenario under current ownership is that a late draft pick turns into a franchise player after signing a reasonable contract. Drafting a franchise player in top 5 almost guarantees they'll price themselves out. Just look at what happened in Toronto.

We still have to hit the floor.

Imagine when Ryan’s salary comes off the books.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

...or a reclamation project type trade, like Duclair is another avenue. That's how the Flames got Iginla.
Toronto overpaid doesnt mean the sens will. Acting like they are in a bad position... id trade teams with them in a second. You wouldnt? So youre saying its bad that edmonton has McDavid amd draisaitl Colorado has mackinnon florida has barkov pittsburgh has malkin and crosby chicago has kane and toews. Getting elite players makes your team better.

Your idea would be nice but thats not exactly something you can plan for its a complete fluke.

The flames traded a prime Nieuwendyk for Iginla.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Your idea would be nice but thats not exactly something you can plan for its a complete fluke.

Exactly. That's why we have lots of young players and lots of draft picks. It's all just a numbers game.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
You know what the bigger dream is? We fall out of the playoff bubble race in the last month of the season. Then, our pick and San Jose's pick both win top 3 draft picks. We rejoice that the team that was fairly competitive for most of the year is now adding dual threats from a loaded draft. Eugene Melnyk dies, suddenly. His children say they have no interest in owning the team. The sale is completed by mid-June and we ride the greatest emotional high ever to a Stanley Cup as the fans toast and cheer in the streets of a city that has been torn to shreds by the riotous celebrations. The team is paraded and fêted for weeks. Ottawa becomes the number 1 destination for free agents. We build a dynasty that spans a decade. Winning becomes so commonplace that the Stanley Cup is renamed to the team. All of our souls ascend into the astral plane. We now occupy the realm of spirits and dreams. We use our new-found existence to torment those who laughed at us in our weakest moments. Sports don't matter anymore. Our existence has become pure light. Our energy is celebration. We never need to experience euphoria again.

Might be my favorite post I've ever read on here.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was just joking really.

But I’ll believe Florida winning when it counts when I see it.

11-10 with a +3 goal differential.

They definitely had a rough start, but have righted the ship these last few weeks. If Bobrovsky can elevate his play a bit more and stay consistent, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished just behind Boston to end the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad