GDT: Game 22 | Pens vs. Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, far be it from me to rain on your parade, but Pens In The Room has a sneak peak of JR practicing his post-game comments . . .

main-qimg-b22185b5f56500fa08f9e8b3a426e005-c

'Tell Torts he was right about Jack Johnson. Tell Torts he . . . was . . . right.'
I've tried to be fair minded and patient on the JJ front but I gotta say that he's been far worse than I anticipated, and I already had a low bar set from the beginning.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I've tried to be fair minded and patient on the JJ front but I gotta say that he's been far worse than I anticipated, and I already had a low bar set in the beginning.

I think this holds for most people here, although some may have thought JMFJ could be turned around . . . of course, they didn't realize that you can't 'turn around' dumb.

And some others may have thought because it was Torts scratching JMFJ, then it didn't mean JMFJ sucked.

Truth be told, Torts was no less incorrect in his assessment of JMFJ than he was in calling the Penguins organization arrogant in April 2012.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think this holds for most people here, although some may have thought JMFJ could be turned around . . . of course, they didn't realize that you can't 'turn around' dumb.

And some others may have thought because it was Torts scratching JMFJ, then it didn't mean JMFJ sucked.

Truth be told, Torts was no less incorrect in his assessment of JMFJ than he was in calling the Penguins organization arrogant in April 2012.
I would say there very much are some within this organization who are not only arrogant but narrow minded in their approach. Unfortunately a couple of them hold positions of real importance and consequence. Pretty easy to see from here who that might be.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would say there very much are some within this organization who are not only arrogant but narrow minded in their approach. Unfortunately a couple of them hold positions of real importance and consequence. Pretty easy to see from here who that might be.

Were all of them NHL forwards at one time?

Reactions: Ryder71

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can’t watch this game again tonight...perhaps that’s a good thing....or not since I couldn’t watch last game and they lost...

Come on Pens...just do it!

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Oh I agree. It’s dumb. I was just pointing it out to Clare who was thinking he’d get lit up.

He may or may not play and with our injuries and no training before tonight is probably more the reason he’s up than anything (I hope :laugh: )
I wasn't thinking he would be lit up, the whole f***ing team can be lit up, set on fire and burnt to a crisp.

Reactions: KIRK

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
At this point I'm just hoping Sid, Geno, Tanger and Phil continue to do well individually. Because this team is going nowhere.

Obviously that won't stop some people from shitting on some of or all of the above.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At this point I'm just hoping Sid, Geno, Tanger and Phil continue to do well individually. Because this team is going nowhere.

Obviously that won't stop some people from ****ting on some of or all of the above.

I would appreciate Phil pulling his head out of his ass, because that impacts what Geno does at ES and what Sid and Geno do on the PP.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I would appreciate Phil pulling his head out of his ass, because that impacts what Geno does at ES and what Sid and Geno do on the PP.

He's not having a great stretch. No doubt. That's just sorta Phil, though. I'd suggest lineup changes to alleviate that but I'd be wasting LESS time by telling that fish to ride that damned bicycle.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He's not having a great stretch. No doubt. That's just sorta Phil, though. I'd suggest lineup changes to alleviate that but I'd be wasting LESS time by telling that fish to ride that damned bicycle.

It doesn't help of course that Pearson-Geno-Phil plays most of the game with the Finnish Flash in the Pans or the Moron Twins behind them (Sid's line gets most of their shifts with Letang; I get that; whatever shifts Letang doesn't take with Sid seem to go more to the bottom six than L2).

So, with one of those defensive pairings AND Phil being a mess, it's kind of hard for Geno-Pearson to produce-- or even sustain possession-- at ES.

this is Kessel. He does this every year. He's going to continue to do it every year. It is what it is.

For sure. But yesterday he was Boston's best defender against Geno at ES. Sully needs to be more proactive about that. I get why he isn't. Hoping for that ONE shift. I'm just not sure it's the right approach right now.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well yeah. Preaching to the choir on that one. This team never replaced Daley. The gameplan calls for a good, smart puck mover on each pairing to work. The defense has been suspect for a while and adding another question mark this offseason was just... well... we've been over this.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well yeah. Preaching to the choir on that one. This team never replaced Daley. The gameplan calls for a good, smart puck mover on each pairing to work. The defense has been suspect for a while and adding another question mark this offseason was just... well... we've been over this.

Not just Daley.

As I keep saying, Cole wasn't a great offensive defenseman by any stretch, but the guy could make smart, quick decisions with the puck (especially on breakout passes).

Honestly, I'd take Cole over any currently playing Penguins defenseman not named Kris Letang when it comes to decision making and execution with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad