GDT: Game 22: Jets @ Habs | In the hunt | Thurs. Mar. 4th, 7 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What in the world is going on with Habs personnel?

Last week, there was this:

hJWQ3w4.jpg

This week, in a most bizarre, Cammaleriesque move, Habs goalie coach got knifed:

P1321MC.gif

Gif credit: Ice Poutine

It has started to feel like this:

ipHl2xH.gif

Which begs the question ... who's next?

pL244qt.gif

When it rains in your kitchen ... or whatever that saying is -- is what has been happening since the first 10 games of the season.

5Uc79vT.gif

This is what happens when you get this type of offensive production:

yvmDC2i.png

Danault in particular, just notched an unenviable milestone. His last regular season goal occurred on Feb. 29, 2020. And here he is treading dangerously into Scott Gomez territory.

Some are ascribing Danault's woes as mental, further to a contract extension gone awry where he is rumored to have been offered a 6 X 5 deal that he declined on account of demanding a higher salary. And now, that kind of offer is all but impossible given his longstanding struggles.

It seems to have definitely seeped into all aspects of his play ...

msOmt9V.jpg

Of course, leave it to the Habs to create more drama.

With Carey Price struggling and Waite getting fired in an unusual manner, conspiracy theories have emerged whereby Price is viewed as the ultimate kingmaker, some believing he may have been behind so many from the Habs personnel losing their jobs over his 14-year career.

This was not alleviated by those awkward pressers yesterday by MB and Price -- the latter apparently wasn't consulted, nor notified of Waite's termination.

It even prompted one poster to assert:

mqIeMzq.jpg

LINEUPS TBA

However, there is some good news on the horizon. Coach Dom has finally notched his first win, albeit against a team that had played 4 games in 6 days -- and given that, it was closer than it needed to be.

It's not much, but it's a start. We'll be happy that it won't be a return to this guy's antics.

w8GXFiJ.gif

GHG.

Came here to get an update on the Habs and instead got an education! Thanks@runner, glad you had the time:thumbu:
wjurk.jpg

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
It’s also as simple as the last time he played the Jets he blew two separate 2 goal leads (including 4 unanswered). Allen only let in 2 goals total, the second being a 3 on 3 OT goal.

So would we rather the guy that allowed four 5 on 5 goals against the Jets or the one that allowed zero 5 on 5 goals?
Did the team play the same in both games outside of the goalie?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Awesome thread runner!!! bravo.

Will be neat to see how the habs handle those pesky jets!!

I'm smelling a loss? I "Danault" what to think of this team anymore! :naughty:
they are impossible to predict

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So tonight marks the beginning of year 2 since Danno scored? Lol... he's so not getting his 6 mil a year.

Actually, the beginning of Year 2 was on March 1st, 2021.

According to the following link, it took Gomez 1 year and 6 days to break his goal-less skid: He (finally) scores! Gomez breaks year-long goal drought as Habs beat Isles

He had scored on Feb. 5th, 2011 and then his drought began and he ended it on Feb. 10th 2012.

For Gomez:

Feb. 5, 2011 to Feb. 4 2012 = 1 year. Add Feb. 5 to 10 = 6 days. Grand total between goals for Gomez stands at one year and 6 days.

For Dan0:

Feb. 29, 2020 to Feb. 28, 2021 = 1 year.

Dan0 needs 6 days starting from Mar. 1st, to beat Gomez's streak.

If Dan0 were to not score, he would tie Gomez on March 6th.

(All for shits and giggles of course, since, as has been pointed out elsewhere, Dan0 did not get to play as many games as Gomez when the latter had his drought. Same with the Dan0's year long no-point streak.)

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Did the team play the same in both games outside of the goalie?

I don’t really care honestly. Make a stop. Especially on the Nate Thompson goal. It was awful and Nate’s first point of the season. Would have kept it 3-3.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope I'm wrong but my initial though was we'd be lucky to get two points in this 4 game set. Mind you they have played better since when I made that assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad