GDT: Game 22: Coyotes @ Senators - FSAZ - Hockey In the Afternoon

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
His first (and best of the day IMO) was 5 on 5.

My point being that if Tocchet played a KHL style with a forward cheating up in the neutral zone, Duclair could have 40 goals every year. It's pretty obvious what he can do when he's sprung like he was today. What I'd like to see is some more of what he showed two years ago when he was scoring and playmaking in traffic. Keeping him with Domi is a good first step.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Last time Tocchet talked about Duclair his only knock of Duke was lack of consistency in going after pucks. And Tocchet was correct because I watched Duke back off going to the boards for pucks on multiple occasions. Not every time but you’d see it.

I think if he just stays agresssive on pucks for the full 60 minutes you won’t see him in the press box again.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My point being that if Tocchet played a KHL style with a forward cheating up in the neutral zone, Duclair could have 40 goals every year. It's pretty obvious what he can do when he's sprung like he was today. What I'd like to see is some more of what he showed two years ago when he was scoring and playmaking in traffic. Keeping him with Domi is a good first step.

This double standard is hilariously choosy, considering how terrible the other forwards (and the team) have been.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Last time Tocchet talked about Duclair his only knock of Duke was lack of consistency in going after pucks. And Tocchet was correct because I watched Duke back off going to the boards for pucks on multiple occasions. Not every time but you’d see it.

I think if he just stays agresssive on pucks for the full 60 minutes you won’t see him in the press box again.
Like XX just said; double standard.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Damn, I need to not watch us play more often. I fall asleep during the game against Montreal, and we win. I have to go to a church band rehearsal after the 2nd during this one, and we win.

Am I banned from watching games?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
2 games I miss, 2 wins. What is happening? Duclair hat trick? I'll take it.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well, nice to see things are working out to our advantage more. I liked the William Tell Day gift he received from Condon :thumbu:

Or perhaps it's more of an Occult Day result. Perhaps Duclair decided "to delve into [the] mysterious [occult] world, [and] commune with spirits [to] seek the truths that hide behind the stars and between the shadows."

Or, perhaps he had a really good vichyssoise before the game...

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012

The hat trick will keep him in the line up for a while. He still has to improve his play without the puck to stay long term. Nothing like having some confidence now, I am really happy for Duke. Maybe the DDD line will click.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
PK went 5-0 tonight. PP is looking great and now scoring, even though I agree with Sniper in the roster thread that more net front presence would help. Things look tighter and better each game, and players like Stepan and Domi still have horrendus shooting precentage. We have two top 4 defensemen out and are playing a total of 3 AHL defensemen and one guy who would be a good 7th defenseman.

Things are looking better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad