And there's your "chart."

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Duclair has 10 points in 16gp with mostly scrubs
Domi has 10 points in 22gp having never been outside the top 6

Duclair is even on the season while Domi is -11
Domi has enjoyed much more favorable zone starts

Plus, you know, the whole shooting under 2% for Domi thing
These stats show how much better Domi is then Duclair right now in every area but point production per games played. It show you how much more their is to hockey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One good game and he’s an all star. You guys have such a short memory. I want him to play and succeed, but he did have a major gaffe last game. He turned the puck over unforced at the blue line leading to a great scoring opportunity for the Sens. He got a lecture upon returning to the bench which was caught on TV.

He deserves to play, but he’s still a wild card every game.

Yes, his inconsistency is why he is benched. If can over come that he will be just fine.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Duclair has played the same or better than Domi this year, the only difference being Domi is constantly spoon fed primo minutes whereas Duclair has to beg for what he can get.

In both cases you're operating under the assumption that the staffs were justified to act the way they did. Wasn't the case for the dinosaur that got fired, hasn't been the case for Rick "Kempe on the first line" Tocchet.

I like Duke and I hope he keeps up his recent play, but if you think he has played the same or better than Domi is ridiculous. Domi is getting chances every game but has been very unlucky. You always see Domi back checking with a vengeance, and he never gives us on a play. I'm sure Domi is very frustrated, but he is still giving that second and third effort.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Getting Domi back with Duclair could spark both of them. Tocc just has to get Keller with someone he clicks with. If he's going to stay at right wing I'd like a good long look at him with Perlini on the other side. If he goes left I want to see him with Fischer. Trying force any of the other forwards on the roster with him is stupid. Got to play him with other skilled guys. Perlini's speed and shot or Fischer's strength and always going to the net would benefit him. I don't think we have another center on the roster right now for him to play with other than Stepan unless you move Dvo up. Sure would like to see Strome on one of those scoring lines though...

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Where's our favorite Duclair haters when you need them?

Like XX just said; double standard.
Where you see double standard? Prior to first scratch Duke had zeros in every stats column. Prior to second he was -2 and zero shots with 4+ minutes in PP. And turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...

Against Sens Duke was engaged (5 shots, +2, 3 hits, 1 block), he delivered couple hits against Erik Karlsson, especially just before his first goal. So in my opinion Tocc handles this situation very well. Duke can build on this success, or back to his laziness.

Cousins or Kempes would be Cousins and Kempes, scratch them or not. And Duke can be The Player if he is engaged. Tocc tries to wake him up.

This forum is depressing to read. First was fire Tocchet, now Tocchet over Duke. There is always reason for tons of crap. No one noticed how bad Keller was, just turnover machine, what a terrible turnover he made before Borowieciki goal. Everyone picked up that "Tocc over Duke" crap instead. And so on.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I still want to fire Tocchet. We used to be an off-ice laughingstock around the league and now we are an on-ice laughingstock around the league.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
My question I ask myself when watching Domi is this... Am I attributing better play to him because of his play in the past/I like him as a player? Because I have been keeping an eye on him recently and his play and notice some things more. He definitely is forcing plays a LOT these days. As much as people like to talk about Duclair with the turnovers, watch Domi. Every game he has had some big ones that also go the other way. In fact he is tied with Goligoski for most giveaways on the team with 22. Duke has 3 and for reference sake Keller has 18. Goligoski certainly gets (deserved) criticism for some of his giveaways but I rarely hear it about Domi.

Having giveaways doesn't mean you are a bad player. Usually, giveaways just means you have the puck a lot. But in this case, I think it means that Domi is forcing it. I just also don't get how Duke always gets complaints about turnovers and Domi does not when the numbers are what they are. Also takeaways, Domi has 7 and Duke has 3. So it's not as if Duke never hustles to get a takeaway. PS, the "defensive expert" Rieder also has 3 takeaways this year (4 giveaways). Yes there is a bunch of stuff that goes into whether a player is good defensively or not. Just using some easy numbers to make the point.

To be clear, I am not saying Domi is worse than Duke or etc. I just think Duclair gets an unfair rep in general and he deserves the ice time with good players to produce. Also noticed some of those double standards with our staff that I just wanted to point out. When I have watched Duke and the rest of the team play, he doesn't appear to be lazy to me. At least not any more so than most of the other players on the ice. Especially not to the point where he has to get benched time and time again and put on the lower lines. Just doesn't make a ton of sense to me when he is benched and other players aren't.

Also making the point that I think Domi needs to take a minute to breathe and get his offensive game back. I think he's been forcing too much and he's in his own head. We shall see though.

At the end of the day though, I just hope he keeps up the good play. He's got the ability to finish and this team needs that badly.

Ps I was able to watch this game so I finally got to see them win the whole game! Was an intense finish to the game and their goalie helped the Yotes out a bit. But it's about time some luck went to the Yotes so I won't complain.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
At the end of the day though, I just hope he keeps up the good play. He's got the ability to finish and this team needs that badly.

Ps I was able to watch this game so I finally got to see them win the whole game! Was an intense finish to the game and their goalie helped the Yotes out a bit. But it's about time some luck went to the Yotes so I won't complain.

It looks like its MacBeth who isn't allowed to watch games any more then.

In regards to the rest of your post. Yes, Domi is trying to force plays. I understand why, but he needs to keep it simple. All it takes is one goal. and he should get back into the swing of things.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Domi's shooting percentage is 1.9% (career 8.8%), Duclair's is 20.0% (career 14.0%).........these will both normalize, but Duclair's number is evidence of why he belongs in the top 6.

Agreed! I do think Duke has a tendency to feast on high quality chances when he gets them. Which I can totally live with haha. Really would love to see Domi's go back up, badly!

It looks like its MacBeth who isn't allowed to watch games any more then.

In regards to the rest of your post. Yes, Domi is trying to force plays. I understand why, but he needs to keep it simple. All it takes is one goal. and he should get back into the swing of things.

Totally agree! I hope he can just take it easy/relax a bit and really start getting the goals. No better time than against the Leafs tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad