Post-Game Talk: GAME 22 - Bruins end November with 38 points!!!! BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 1

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
yeah.
lindy and mcavoy should not be together.
i loved the clifton lindolm pairing.
gryz should be with mcavoy.
I think you have to play them together a bit during the season. Don't want it to be the regular pairing either but there's some teams that have a loaded 1st line. In those situations it's understandable. It's like how sometimes they'd pair Seids with Chara. They need to have a few minutes or games together scattered around.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
20 straight dating to last year.Can't help but think about losing 4 at home in Cup finals to Blues and losing in 7 .Crazy how things go
Actually Bruins won the first game at home, then lost the rest, and game 5 was greatly helped by Kelly Sutherland's no call on Bozak's blatant trip on Acciari which led to the winning goal

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Have to admit I was a little skeptical of the Ullmark contract when they signed him, especially given that Vladar was showing promise and was cheap. Whether or not Ullmark continues his torrid play this season, I don't think there could be a better person to have in terms of Swayman's development. What an incredible mentor and teammate Ullmark has been. Can't help but love both goalies.
Before I actually get back to work. I remember a lot of those discussions on here last year. I was a big proponent of the signing. I wasn't sure if Ullmark would be the guy (kinda trusted management on that) but that they needed to sign a veteran #1 goalie and figured $5M wasn't bad. I understood why people were excited about a Swayman/Vladar combo with the possibility of Rask coming back and using the money elsewhere - but I've seen the movie too many times league-wide where teams destroy young goalies, ruin their team's season, by relying on a young goalie.
It's a tough position and if the young goalie struggles as a #1 (they all do) there's nowhere to hide or work on your game. Confidence can get shattered that way. The book comes out on them and they don't have time to work on adjustments.

Swayman will have a better career because of having Ullmark.
I'm glad management didn't fall into the trap too many teams have of getting too enamoured with a goalie's fast start.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Carlo and Hall had terrific games last night.

I believe Bergeron has brought something a little different to this team this year. I believe he stood up to Cassidy and the organization and drew a line in the sand.

And because he did this entire roster has responded the way it has...

I mean, the team would have won the game without a point from the "Perfection line members" last night without the empty netter. It just seems like these guys have come together in a way that I have never witnessed before.

I could be wrong, but that is just my take.

Last edited:

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Pretty sure the Morning Bru guys nail this. 73 and 27 pair together largely at home, and when the other team has a really lethal top line.

Outside of that coach is probably going to split them up. Or we speculate at least. Like when McDavid is on one line and Drai on another, maybe you split'm.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Just in.

I should know better but had 98.5 sports radio on when I first got in the car for the ride home. Mr Jones was his usual ignorant asshole self.

Here is his bullshit of the night

"Bergy is nowhere near as good a player as Stamko is"
"Hall is a floater and will never be anything else"

I switched to music.

Maroon is a jerk. He was going at Forbort often tonight. He came over to the bench to say something to Derek...Forbort just blew him off. I will never like Maroon.

The game was not always pretty but the boys got the job done yet again. Hall was excellent all game. Sway looked great.

We fans are VERY spoiled.

Off to read their GDT:naughty:
Maroon can chirp when he has more goals than Forbort lol the cup wins chirp is weak coming from some plug who's only skill is taking better players to the box with him

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Maroon can chirp when he has more goals than Forbort lol the cup wins chirp is weak coming from some plug who's only skill is taking better players to the box with him
Years ago, Maroon threatened Pasta (when he was younger) and Krug during the pregame skate as they were stretching out. He skated over and threatened them in the Bs end of the ice. It was a pathetic display of poor sportsmanship. I am quite sure if Quaider had been still on the Bs Maroon would NOT have done this.

Maroon can go f*** himself.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Years ago, Maroon threatened Pasta (when he was younger) and Krug during the pregame skate as they were stretching out. He skated over and threatened them in the Bs end of the ice. It was a pathetic display of poor sportsmanship.

Pat Magoon is a player who benefits a lot from this era of hockey.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Years ago, Maroon threatened Pasta (when he was younger) and Krug during the pregame skate as they were stretching out. He skated over and threatened them in the Bs end of the ice. It was a pathetic display of poor sportsmanship.

Almost as bad as him shooting a puck in the Stars' bench because his team was losing. Can only imagine the meltdown after he loses a game of Mario Party.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It's sad that watching this for the first time in 3.5 years, I'm more angry than Cassidy seemed to be.
Yeah that was one of my pet peeves about Butch. He looked like he could care less about the non call and was thinking of something else while looking up at the clock

If that was me, (although I'm not saying I'm qualified to be an NHL coach) Sutherland would've gotten an earful and then some

I don't like coaches who are 'constantly' complaining to the refs, but it bugs me even more when a coach is in la-la land and doesn't say or do anything after a blatant tripping call was missed resulting in a goal that cost you game 5 of the SC Finals

I'm glad he's gone

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Years ago, Maroon threatened Pasta (when he was younger) and Krug during the pregame skate as they were stretching out. He skated over and threatened them in the Bs end of the ice. It was a pathetic display of poor sportsmanship. I am quite sure if Quaider had been still on the Bs Maroon would NOT have done this.

If Quader was on the Bruins Maroon would duck. Hes only tough against non fighters and when he fights he just hugs. Id love if Miller Quader or one of them were still around to cave his face.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
98.5 sports radio sucks for hockey (except the Sat morning show). They have failed the Bruins/ hockey fans. They should be ashamed for having Jones on.

DO NOT call into the show (as that is what they want you to do). DON'T LISTEN.

You've heard this many, many times. As Ms. Fan advises, don't listen, and don't call.

It's all crap.

"Hot takes" designed -- designed -- to piss you off and get you to listen or call in.

You have much better things to do than listen to these cynical, money grubbing whores.

If you listen, they're laughing at you. To them (and, I must say, to me), you're a sucker.

* LF: I could well be wrong but it seems to me 98.5, in its first year(s) on air, talked Bruins a lot, and ratings grew appreciably. After a few years of success, Bruins talk disappeared, save the 'eei-like attention when something bad happened, the B's were losing, or Felger decided Chiarelli was a moron, Claude's system was boring (which, in fairness, it was) and he couldn't abide "the Fribble line" (sic).

"98.5 The Sports Hub" needed Boston Bruins fans upon start up.

Having gained listernship and advertising dollars because of same, the station and its "personalities" discarded Bruins fans & Bruins talk.

95% of sports talk radio in Boston is devoted to the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots.

Why?

*Because that's where the money is, Virginia.*

Felger is a f***, though I've heard he's not a terrible person. So is YARM "I Sold My Soul For Rock & Roll" Tony Massarotti. And God help me, I believe Tony is a decent person, even if his main obssession is baseball.

Some will tell you, as they did about Don Imus or have about Howard Stern, that "It's just shtick. It doesn't mean anything. Off air, they're really great guys, and they do a lot for charity."

*f*** that, and f*** them. And f*** the f***ing horse they f***ing rode in on.*

Right. I'm going to listen to seven minutes of "warm up" from Greg Hill (whoever that is) about your f***ing gardening bill, your conversation with the cashier at Dunkin', or some other inane shit? Do you think listeners, poor souls that they are, aren't on to this lame bit of business?

Do you realize what losers you are, however much $$ you make, and whatever your petty "celebrity"?

You're fools.

And you did it to yourselves.

Congratulations.

We don't want your trash. This isn't 1994.

*We don't need you.*

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Actually Bruins won the first game at home, then lost the rest, and game 5 was greatly helped by Kelly Sutherland's no call on Bozak's blatant trip on Acciari which led to the winning goal

Well even still lost 3 games on home ice for Stanley Cup is still kind of a kick to the nads.Might be the real reason Bruce gone.Had to let things cool a bit could not get rid of him after that run.:naughty:2 yrs after going to game 7 and out .Tough love but he landed softly..

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just in.

I should know better but had 98.5 sports radio on when I first got in the car for the ride home. Mr Jones was his usual ignorant asshole self.

Here is his bullshit of the night

"Bergy is nowhere near as good a player as Stamko is"
"Hall is a floater and will never be anything else"

I switched to music.

Maroon is a jerk. He was going at Forbort often tonight. He came over to the bench to say something to Derek...Forbort just blew him off. I will never like Maroon.

The game was not always pretty but the boys got the job done yet again. Hall was excellent all game. Sway looked great.

We fans are VERY spoiled.

Off to read their GDT:naughty:
Someone needs to throw a blanket party for that A-Hole!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

That made my blood boil. Added to it was Butchie's turn-the-other-cheek attitude. IMO if he tried that now it'll be a different story.
I don't think Monty would stand there like a dummy and allow that. He has to face TFred, Greer, and most of the rest of the team. Plus, I think that if they go after the B's smaller guys now, there will be retribution. They'll make them pay one way or the other.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
That made my blood boil. Added to it was Butchie's turn-the-other-cheek attitude. IMO if he tried that now it'll be a different story.
I don't think Monty would stand there like a dummy and allow that. He has to face TFred, Greer, and most of the rest of the team. Plus, I think that if they go after the B's smaller guys now, there will be retribution. They'll make them pay one way or the other.
Do we really think Pat Maroon is worried about Frederic or Greer?

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As an uneducated pleb, this seems to make the most sense:

Gryz - McAvoy
Lindholm - Cliffy
Forbort - Carlo

Lindholm-Carlo is not a good ES pairing from what I've watched. Gryz looks alright with either McAvoy or Lindholm, but Cliffy really stepped up when he was with Lindholm.

I guess I haven't seen enough of Forbort - Carlo to know if that's not great at ES either? But Lindholm and McAvoy will be able to eat up so many minutes between them that the last pairing almost doesn't matter.

There's no data this year for a Forbort-Carlo pair, but last year they had a 43% xG. Here's how the pairs are doing so far this season...

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.28.02 AM.png

Reactions: Arthuros

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Was looking at the Avs stats, wow is that a 1 line team. 73 and 27 will be paired again for these. Coach probably saw the schedule and knew this was the time for that. Smart dude.

Avs depth has really been gutted by success and injuries.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
These long breaks are frustrating. The scheduling always seems to be crappy for the B's. Hurry up Saturday, then we get lots of games for December.
Patience. The games will get here soon enough. There is definitely upside to letting the Bruins marinate in the glow of victory. The more that mentality and culture of winning absorbs and soaks in, the more permanent that mindset becomes.

The glass is half full and a good time to be a Bruins fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad