Post-Game Talk: GAME 22 - Bruins end November with 38 points!!!! BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 1

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I’ve said it all season long but this team really does have the feel of one of “those” Bruins teams. I love seeing our mish mosh of our PP2 unit scoring that goal. Hall from Foligno, made from a great pass from Zacha to Lindholm. They hardly play together but from how pretty that goal was, it’s like they’ve been a unit for years.

So evident in their celebrations that they are having so much fun and it shows in their play. It might be the closest I’ve ever seen this team on and off the ice. So fun to watch and I hope they keep it up. What a great start to their hardest stretch of the season.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Seems like it’s pushed him to be THE guy on his line too- rather than trying to play like a complimentary piece. He’s been so much more assertive and using a shoot first mentality.
Whenever Hall's with Pasta, all he does is look to pass the puck to him 100% of the time. It's so predictable.
Love him as the play driver on the 3rd line. Wild depth.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sounds like your sister does pick up on the little things.

Hall's speed is an obvious attribute. Best skater on the team.

Sometimes I wonder if Hall has the widest skating stance in the NHL. Amazing how much power he can generate with his feet so far apart and his ability to generate speed in a straight line as oppose to using forward crossovers to accelerate. His stance provides him incredible balance on his skates. A lot of skating technique can be improved upon from practice but some of Hall's skating attributes aren't teachable, that's just pure natural skating talent.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Just watched the highlights. Man, they're playing well.

@Ladyfan Just Curious who was the other goaltender on the bench beside you? NHL Box score didn't list a back up.
Just because I love this picture, Linus was next to us last night and banging on the gate with his blocker after every big Sway save🖤💛 The tendie bromance is so fun:highclap:
FDC5EECF-9E94-43E8-BF72-D890FDE97A33.jpeg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Just because I love this picture, Linus was next to us last night and banging on the gate with his blocker after every big Sway save🖤💛 The tendie bromance is so fun:highclap:
View attachment 615056
Have to admit I was a little skeptical of the Ullmark contract when they signed him, especially given that Vladar was showing promise and was cheap. Whether or not Ullmark continues his torrid play this season, I don't think there could be a better person to have in terms of Swayman's development. What an incredible mentor and teammate Ullmark has been. Can't help but love both goalies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
you really have to hand it to Sweeney for how he has built this team. There have absolutely been big mistakes and missed opportunities along the way and you can absolutely argue that certain things took too long (like finding wingers for Krejci).

But this team as currently constructed is no longer entirely riding on the old core. Sure Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci & Pasta are critical pieces, but the back end is entirely Sweeney's and the bottom 6 has finally taken shape in a positive way after a few years of failed attempts to get it right.

And for all the issues we've had about the Bruins D being too small or soft, Sweeney has really turned it into a big, formidible, difficult-to-play-against D corps with the additions of guys like Carlo, Lindholm & Forbort and he hasn't had to sacrifice much mobility in order to do it. Now when healthy they finally have Grzelcyk slotted in as the smallest, "softest" guy in the lineup instead of having several guys in that mold. this is ideal because Grz is still very valuable when used properly and with the other 5 guys surrounding him you can mitigate his flaws much more easily.

It really feels like Sweeney's plans are finally coming together this year. It's a shame that it's probably in Bergeron & Krejci's final seasons and with a pending UFA Pasta.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Hoping Carlo pots one. He's had some looks the last few weeks but nothing has found the back of the net.
Frederick is +10 on the season.
Pasta's hit before he set up Zacha was fantastic.
Poor Zacha.
Foligno!

Even after last night, Taylor Hall 'only' has 15 points. Surprising and disagrees with the eye test and his impact on the game. He's been fantastic. Would not be surprised whatsoever to see his production increase because he just generates so much. 4 game winners isn't bad.
If Charlie Coyle and Taylor Hall are on your third line - you're a Stanley Cup contender. If those two heat up a bit this team has another level.

Wild watching this team's depth and not relying on Bergeron/Marchand and the 1st power play unit to carry them.

The goaltending ain't bad.

Whatever happens moving forward - this team today is a fan's dream.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Hoping Carlo pots one. He's had some looks the last few weeks but nothing has found the back of the net.
Frederick is +10 on the season.
Pasta's hit before he set up Zacha was fantastic.
Poor Zacha.
Foligno!

Even after last night, Taylor Hall 'only' has 15 points. Surprising and disagrees with the eye test and his impact on the game. He's been fantastic. Would not be surprised whatsoever to see his production increase because he just generates so much. 4 game winners isn't bad.
If Charlie Coyle and Taylor Hall are on your third line - you're a Stanley Cup contender. If those two heat up a bit this team has another level.

Wild watching this team's depth and not relying on Bergeron/Marchand and the 1st power play unit to carry them.

The goaltending ain't bad.

Whatever happens moving forward - this team today is a fan's dream.
The Hall-Coyle 3rd line reminds me of Johansson-Coyle in 2019 but even better. Also I like Frederic more than 2019 Heinen who I think played most of the time with them. I agree 100% that this is the 3rd line of a Cup contender.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The Hall-Coyle 3rd line reminds me of Johansson-Coyle in 2019 but even better. Also I like Frederic more than 2019 Heinen who I think played most of the time with them. I agree 100% that this is the 3rd line of a Cup contender.
the big difference (pun intended) is that this year's version has size & strength that the 2019 version didn't have outside of Coyle. As a 3 man unit they are a lot to handle. Add in Hall's speed & skill and they can give 2nd & 3rd D pairs fits. You can also swap Hall for Zacha if you want to make the line bigger depending on matchups.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Whenever Hall's with Pasta, all he does is look to pass the puck to him 100% of the time. It's so predictable.
Love him as the play driver on the 3rd line. Wild depth.
You win Cups when you have guys like Taylor Hall on your 3rd line. Also, remember last year (or the year before?) when we thought that the 3rd line with Coyle could be dominant in the playoffs but they weren’t because they were too slow? Well they’re not too slow anymore with Taylor Hall flying up the wing and being a one-man zone entry. Speed kills. Depth destroys.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A lot of folks here said that Hall and Coyle would be a perfect match due to the success Mojo and Coyle had. Not sure why it didn't work under Cassidy, but they have been fun to watch on the same line so far this season.

It may be the first time in a long time that the Bruins have an established top 9 and 4th line that does the little things right. Everyone on this team has a role to play and are a key piece to the puzzle. They look like they are having fun out there, and they have been fun to watch. Their record reflects that.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
yeah.
lindy and mcavoy should not be together.
i loved the clifton lindolm pairing.
gryz should be with mcavoy.
As an uneducated pleb, this seems to make the most sense:

Gryz - McAvoy
Lindholm - Cliffy
Forbort - Carlo

Lindholm-Carlo is not a good ES pairing from what I've watched. Gryz looks alright with either McAvoy or Lindholm, but Cliffy really stepped up when he was with Lindholm.

I guess I haven't seen enough of Forbort - Carlo to know if that's not great at ES either? But Lindholm and McAvoy will be able to eat up so many minutes between them that the last pairing almost doesn't matter.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
My favourite Taylor Hall play last night was near the end of his shift he got the blueline but no one was with him. He killed a couple seconds, did turn it over with his pass unfortunately, before disrupting that and skating off.

Why this impressed me is that my biggest complaint about Hall was when he was younger (and I saw him a lot) he would look for the hi-light in that position and gone 1 on 3, turning it over in a bad position more often than not, hamstring his teammates and either get stuck out there or do an awkward change while the other team countered. He did turn it over but it was a smart play.

It might seem like a small adjustment but to this fan it speaks volumes about his approach to the game nowadays. When he doesn't try to do everything or get on the scoreboard or show up in the 'plays of the night' montage he's one of the best out there. Looks like he's just happy to be part of a Team and one of the guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad