GDT: Game 22 - Avs @ Flyers - ...And Justus For All - 5PM

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
They'll have a pre-game podcast about a half hour before the game, and a post game podcast immediately after. Off-day podcasts usually around 1-2pm. Quality depends on the hosts and the amount of drinks consumed.

Ok, I'll try to follow that like 90 minutes from now. And yes, I have seen the criticism here, I'll still give them a chance to impress me.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
why rants got to play with 2 treefoothockey last game and only totalling at 18 min while atearshouldbeliftedbycoachmackannon left to fool around with freehand in 1st line at 24 mins ?

rants should a play C here. he best player here. i feel mackannon northern american and coach littel afraid at picking him down at lines and questionating him anything. he playing big minites and not brought down at within brainwars yet by coach? rants getting lots of this but not mackannon. i feel if mackannon getted "hurt" he not easily getting to normal after this.

i dont feel rants is ok with this coach / team. he not used maximum by any mean here. i seen powerplay and he like staying at infront of opponent goal while other player in this getting points to scoreboards jumbotrone and rants like left without candy. like playmaker not involed and "playmaker" mackannon getting while not right man to do things ..

last game mackannon typical giving at OT puck in typical mackannon foolpassing puck to opponent and they put game home. and this happen more than acceptabel. he no good passer, no smart player, no good shooter..no........he just skating very fast....and last game...having that very much icetimes.

horrifieing also landeskog while not being in level to rants or mackannon...got 23 min in last game. landeskog makin mistakes and not same level not even close to rants. he given like big HEROdress for free here. he like freepassenger here. he play, he makes bad plays, alot, he make all kind of stupity allover ice......he maybe makin 1st line very bad here......please trade away this false 1st liner. he not that material.

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
why rants got to play with 2 treefoothockey last game and only totalling at 18 min while atearshouldbeliftedbycoachmackannon left to fool around with freehand in 1st line at 24 mins ?

rants should a play C here. he best player here. i feel mackannon northern american and coach littel afraid at picking him down at lines and questionating him anything. he playing big minites and not brought down at within brainwars yet by coach? rants getting lots of this but not mackannon. i feel if mackannon getted "hurt" he not easily getting to normal after this.

i dont feel rants is ok with this coach / team. he not used maximum by any mean here. i seen powerplay and he like staying at infront of opponent goal while other player in this getting points to scoreboards jumbotrone and rants like left without candy. like playmaker not involed and "playmaker" mackannon getting while not right man to do things ..

last game mackannon typical giving at OT puck in typical mackannon foolpassing puck to opponent and they put game home. and this happen more than acceptabel. he no good passer, no smart player, no good shooter..no........he just skating very fast....and last game...having that very much icetimes.

horrifieing also landeskog while not being in level to rants or mackannon...got 23 min in last game. landeskog makin mistakes and not same level not even close to rants. he given like big HEROdress for free here. he like freepassenger here. he play, he makes bad plays, alot, he make all kind of stupity allover ice......he maybe makin 1st line very bad here......please trade away this false 1st liner. he not that material.

I love you but Mikko was pretty bad last game and the game before that and the one before that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Pretty rough stats for Kuemper.

What this essentially means, is every ~4 games Kuemper is allowing 1 goal more than expected.

That's even just for a breakeven, 0.0 Goals saved above expected, which would still be in the bottom 1/3 of starting goalies. Honestly the goaltending we have gotten this year has been god awful. I know people around here are being so quick to throw the entire team under the bus and write them off as not even cup contenders anymore... But the face they are 12-7-2 with goaltending so far below average is actually pretty remarkable.

If anything I think they're kind of showing how good they could be if the goaltending would just fix itself. If we had league average starting goaltending right now right around Fleury/Binnington, we'd be allowing 1.5 Goals less every 100 shots or about 1.5 goals less every 4 games.

That's a huge difference, huge.

EDIT: Another point to make about that. Look at the other goalies that are at or below that 0.0 mark. Look at the records of those teams. Seattle 9-13-2, Arizona 5-17-2, Buffalo 8-13-3, Vancouver 8-15-2.

Reactions: AvsFan29

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What this essentially means, is every ~4 games Kuemper is allowing 1 goal more than expected.

That's even just for a breakeven, 0.0 Goals saved above expected, which would still be in the bottom 1/3 of starting goalies. Honestly the goaltending we have gotten this year has been god awful. I know people around here are being so quick to throw the entire team under the bus and write them off as not even cup contenders anymore... But the face they are 12-7-2 with goaltending so far below average is actually pretty remarkable.

If anything I think they're kind of showing how good they could be if the goaltending would just fix itself. If we had league average starting goaltending right now right around Fleury/Binnington, we'd be allowing 1.5 Goals less every 100 shots or about 1.5 goals less every 4 games.

Geez the standard is that low lol god help us and yah it is remarkable that the Avs record is what it is with all the injuries and less than mediocre goaltending. Jared deserves a lot of credit.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Live look at Mack and Bedsy have a brainwar:
DimpledLongChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

EDIT: Another point to make about that. Look at the other goalies that are at or below that 0.0 mark. Look at the records of those teams. Seattle 9-13-2, Arizona 5-17-2, Buffalo 8-13-3, Vancouver 8-15-2.
What is unblocked shots? SOG + off target shots?

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
"I love you but Mikko was pretty bad last game and the game before that and the one before that."

you know.......they in earlier games have putten rants infront of goal at PPs. other things also. this can get him angry and not wanting to play. this can become floating dirty stuff in forcearea and not wanting to show up at games. last game he playing with 2treefoots and having smaller amount of icetimes. he not stupid. coach not long ago getted rewarded with years for contracts new? rants liking this coach or not? i having feeling he not 100% with this shit going on at here. maybe 2 years ago he was exploding with points and after that he not like putting 100 % effort anymore. i see him not very much trying anymore. coach , team headquarters must tradet landeskog imo. and taking mackannon at ears and lifting him for him better position at ice that is winger. this team is in free downhillspirals. no more questions. pizzatime. thank you

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
"I love you but Mikko was pretty bad last game and the game before that and the one before that."

you know.......they in earlier games have putten rants infront of goal at PPs. other things also. this can get him angry and not wanting to play. this can become floating dirty stuff in forcearea and not wanting to show up at games. last game he playing with 2treefoots and having smaller amount of icetimes. he not stupid. coach not long ago getted rewarded with years for contracts new? rants liking this coach or not? i having feeling he not 100% with this shit going on at here. maybe 2 years ago he was exploding with points and after that he not like putting 100 % effort anymore. i see him not very much trying anymore. coach , team headquarters must tradet landeskog imo. and taking mackannon at ears and lifting him for him better position at ice that is winger. this team is in free downhillspirals. no more questions. pizzatime. thank you

@The Kingslayer , you've been called out by the king. It's time.

Reactions: BrickNHL

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
We're losing this one BTW. 5-1 Flyers. Giroux with couple of goals off of Avs defensemen sticks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad