GDT: Game 22: Avalanche @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I am starting to think we might have a pretty good team. 3 wins in a row against goos teams, we didn't win because we were lucky or outshot 40 to 22. Avs couldn't have taken us lightly after our 2 previous wins. Let's see if it continues. I have been as critical as anyone, but I am starting to think we are better than expected.

Reactions: lanky

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Maybe we'll get to change the lyrics to the Steve Winwood song

We'll be back in the playoffs again
All the doors I closed one time will open up again
We'll be back in the playoffs again
All the eyes that watched us once will smile and take us in
And we'll drink and dance with one hand free
And have the world so easily and oh we'll be a sight to see
Back in the playoffs again.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I got to watch it from the second row behind a goal, which may bias my view that the game seemed up-tempo from start to finish. Avs had more talent on the top lines, but it sure seemed evenly played for long stretches.

Going all the way back to our playoff seasons, what I remember was routinely being outshot/outskated, and getting great goaltending. What I'm seeing this season is the Coyotes skating with the best teams. If you told me at the beginning of the season that would be possible with these bottom three defensemen in the lineup, I wouldn't have believed it.

And yeah, O'Brien has to cut the shit with the instigating. From where I sat just down the boards from it, that was a clean, hard check he responded to. It happens.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Nice win. Thought O’Brien stupidity was going to cost us the game.
i agree the outcome for the team and OB wasnt great , but it was a cheap ( legal ) hit that could have caused injury… OB shouldn't be criticized imho for protecting his teammate and sending a message

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
i agree the outcome for the team and OB wasnt great , but it was a cheap ( legal ) hit that could have caused injury… OB shouldn't be criticized imho for protecting his teammate and sending a message
The auto fight after a hit might just be the dumbest code of the present NHL. Hitting is allowed and no one should be forced to fight for doing a legal act. What's the message ? Hit my teammates and you also get to beat me up???

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think when you are in the other teams barn, you need to hold back a little - and that aint happening here
Nor should it. You buy a ticket, you have the same right as all the rest. Maybe instead of posting every two minutes and complaining, try cheering a bit harder to drown out the Av's fans.;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am starting to think we might have a pretty good team. 3 wins in a row against goos teams, we didn't win because we were lucky or outshot 40 to 22. Avs couldn't have taken us lightly after our 2 previous wins. Let's see if it continues. I have been as critical as anyone, but I am starting to think we are better than expected.
Winning will do that to ya. When we go on another losing streak, and we will, everyone will want to trade everyone. It's a long season.

Reactions: Kaizen

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Winning will do that to ya. When we go on another losing streak, and we will, everyone will want to trade everyone. It's a long season.
Its not just winning, its beating 3 good teams in a row, and not doing it because of our great goal tending while being way out shot or winning because of their poor goal tending.

The non performing non golden boy vets will be the ones that this board will want traded, like Dumba/Kerfoot, etc...Our team D looks like it is getting better and we have had fewer turnovers, those are the best trends I am seeing in the last 3 games.

Reactions: Grimes and Napoli

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Its not just winning, its beating 3 good teams in a row, and not doing it because of our great goal tending while being way out shot or winning because of their poor goal tending.

The non performing non golden boy vets will be the ones that this board will want traded, like Dumba/Kerfoot, etc...Our team D looks like it is getting better and we have had fewer turnovers, those are the best trends I am seeing in the last 3 games.
Looks like Bear isn't opening it up offensively against those better teams, or at least making it a point to be conscious defensively. It's worked because the Coyotes are still potent enough offensively to score and the added focus defensively has stopped games getting away from them. I'm guessing that Blues game was a real impetus. It really was a game they should have won but just didn't due to terrible D. They look very solid right now.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Even though OB took a few good chops I like that we at least have a guy like that. He brings a little character into the team mentality.
I disagree.Goal of all players on the ice should be to win the game,not to "send a message".And taking instigator penalty in 3rd period when your team is up against the team with great power play is not helpful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad