Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-11-21_22-39-22.png

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's no secret that production needs to start happening from Heinen and Bjork. Heinen's offensive game is reminiscent of Chris Kelly's final years here. He's playing well defensively, but it's not enough right now. Not even close. Bjork is making some things happen but it needs to start turning into points.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Marchand is a legit star player in the league. He needs to be better than he was tonight. I see a guy who is trying to do too much himself a lot of the time. He tries to dangle through 2/3 guys far too much these days.

I agree but at least he was trying to make something happen. Pasta looked like he was homesick

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's no secret that production needs to start happening from Heinen and Bjork. Heinen's offensive game is reminiscent of Chris Kelly's final years here. He's playing well defensively, but it's not enough right now. Not even close. Bjork is making some things happen but it needs to start turning into points.

Easy to blame those guys.

Neither one of them is getting paid $6m+ per year. I didn’t think that DeBrusk was particularly good tonight either.

The Top 9 looked out of sync for the most part. I didn’t really like the line combos and Cassidy looked like he was tweaking them all night.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Easy to blame those guys.

Neither one of them is getting paid $6m+ per year. I didn’t think that DeBrusk was particularly good tonight either.

The Top 9 looked out of sync for the most part. I didn’t really like the line combos and Cassidy looked like he was tweaking them all night.

Hated the lines tonight. Nordstrom Top 6 experiment needs to end, even with Bergeron out. He's a 4th liner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
love Butch but watching Backes/Kuraly and Wagner play the amount they did was too much. Thought that line played well however, not so much that they were out there so much

Ref got in the way two times on the OT faceoff, now, two Bruin players vs one Red Wing should have been able to get it out but....

The only other thing that`s driving me nutso with Butch is why the he** is Bjork sitting on the bench with all that open ice for him to fly around? Heinen doesn`t have terrific wheels but is a very good possession player who might also be one who could do well in OT

Thought Rask was terrific

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Pasta was my biggest disappointment tonight, he looks totally unengaged when someone lie Bergeron isn't tossing him the puck in a spot that works for him. He has to show more effort and generate something in battles.

Reactions: Strafer and Zillah

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Well Montreal and Toronto both lost in regulation so thats good.

We're in a PO position at Thanksgiving which is good. But we need to keep our heads above water with these injuries. The Atlantic is much much better this year - I mean were 4 points back on freaking Buffalo. I expect Toronto will cool off at some point and Montreal and Buffalo will likely balance out but gotta play smart. Penguins will be knocking on the Wild Card door soon also.

Overall the team is doing well considering. Rask seems to be back to normal. I'd like to see Marchand Krejci and Pasta step it up right now. Backes is burnt toast at this point.

Reactions: Strafer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I actually didn’t drink at all - just getting out infront of it

And yes Brad Marchand is still my favorite but he was not good tonight
I was joking lol.

I hit the sauce for us both tonight ha!

We got a point and Tuukka looked solid again . I’ll find the positives and move on.

Millsy looked solid in his return.

I do wonder if Donato get recalled sometime soon

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much all of these guys need to put a priority on getting the puck on net.

Sometimes, I think we should rename the team the Boston Peverley’s.
This really is it

You want to score you have to think it feel it know it

They missed more nets and it’s not by accident

They need to bare down

Where is Frank Vatrano when you need him

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
The guy who leads the team in hits, scored the goal tonight and had 4 shots. The 4th line works for what they get, I feel like Marchand and Pasta with Bergy out, just think it will happen some nights, and tonight was one of those night.

In tonight's 3-2 OT loss, David Pastrnak (6), David Backes (4), Connor Clifton (4), & Chris Wagner (4) accounted for 18 of #NHLBruins 36 shots on goal.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
If we lost in ot every game between noe and when Beefy gets back. I'll take it. Great effort tonight all around. Pasta /Marchy doing a bit too much, but I suspect they will calm down a bit in the coming games. Backes with his beat game of the season. He actually got in on the forecheck and hit someone in the third period when he was supposed to. He was still a step behind, but I saw signs that his thinking game is starting to catch up to his legs again.

Heinen was a monster tonight. Hope he keeps that effort level up

Reactions: DKH and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Does anybody know exactly what Bergeron's surgery is? Is it on his should, his collar-bone ribs or all of
the above?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad