Post-Game Talk: GAME 21 - Sigh - Detroit 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was very impressed with the following players last night:
- Heinen (I dump on him because he doesn't have the points ... he is very close)
- Rask (he's back)
- Bjork (so strong/fast I am worried about finishing touch)
- JFK (he's getting better game by game)
- 4th line (they deserved the goal / first time I watched a game and they were not defending ... they were offending )
- The young D are playing extremely well...they're driving the offense for the bruins. So quick on the puck and out with speed/puck possession.

The bad:
- Kampher (he needs to be the first to sit should the bruins get a healthy D back)
- Secoundary scoring (something needs to change / Cave? Cehlarik? Zacy? I would add Donato but he needs to continue his development)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Detroit has won 9 of 11

Amazing

I thought the beat up Bruins overall won the Eye test

They need to talk about getting the puck on net

Rask is making great saves the opposition is watching pucks go wide

Reactions: Pia8988 and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So after sifting through the sarcasm and reaction to sarcasm not knowing it was sarcasm:

I bag on Heinen a lot. Likely as much or more than anyone else on this site but its not because I dont think he's an NHL player, it's because I dont think he's a guy who's going to stir the drink on lines 2-3. I think he can be an ok player for line 3 but to depend on him to put up points or drive the line's success isn't going to happen. I feel similar about Bjork. The guy who's the best of the bunch is scoring down in Providence right now, Donato.

In saying that, the Bruins need some help at C, there's no skirting around it. I've read the posts about, "If the Bruins try and get a Center now they'll get ripped off"..................well where that may be true, Don didn't accomplish that in the off season nor did accomplish that prior to Bergy getting hurt so he doesn't have a ****in choice right now. Nordstrom on any line except the 4th gives me anxiety. Backes on the top PP unit gives me anxiety.

Losing to the wings stings but half glass full, we got a point. As long as we stay within 3-5 points of a wildcard spot until we're healthy again, I'm confident the team with some minor tweeks can run the train in Jan-April and head into playoffs hot. Top 6 winger and 3C needs to be addressed. Where I think JFK is going to be a solid 3C in the future, he's not good enough today to drive a line with Bjork and Heinen/Donato/Celharik/Backes/Senyshyn, whoever is on it with him. End rant
I was making supper and had the pregame radio on and caught Cassidy talking to Beers. He talked about Heinen and how even struggling offensively he’s doing little things. He’s got to hit the net - he picks corner late in third game over

JFK has 2 goals and looking much better so we may have something here

Still want the Cave man up but not at expense of an injury

I thought Wagner was spectacular he had another gear last night

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was very impressed with the following players last night:
- Heinen (I dump on him because he doesn't have the points ... he is very close)
- Rask (he's back)
- Bjork (so strong/fast I am worried about finishing touch)
- JFK (he's getting better game by game)
- 4th line (they deserved the goal / first time I watched a game and they were not defending ... they were offending )
- The young D are playing extremely well...they're driving the offense for the bruins. So quick on the puck and out with speed/puck possession.

The bad:
- Kampher (he needs to be the first to sit should the bruins get a healthy D back)
- Secoundary scoring (something needs to change / Cave? Cehlarik? Zacy? I would add Donato but he needs to continue his development)
I like Kampher especially his aggressiveness but he’s 30 and should know you can’t leave your spot made worse with AA out their who no one is catching

Lauzon continues to impress

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The way I see it, with all these injuries, it allows the brass to see what they have in he minors. For those clamoring for a trade, this might actually speed up the process because they have so many kids that they need to know which to move out and which to keep. I look at it as a test for them. I’m on board with the defensive group. All of the D coming up are playing good and within their game. A couple of surprises too. The forwards are work in progress. I think a few arrant goals by any of them will light their fire. DeBrusk is on his way with a good week. I’d like that 3rd line of 10-23-43 to be given a chance. I think they have held their own. Last night the lines were just rediculous IMO.

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If JFK can at least be a 3rd line center the Bruins have struck gold. Hardest position to find in hockey
I already see a positive change in his play in a week.

He’s got to balance engagement and his ability to slow the game down

Not easy but Krejci is outstanding at doing it

Confidence and a sense of belonging are major pieces.

Having Grzelcyk & McAvoy plus a bunch of AHL teammates should make his transition easier

He seems to be making significantly better decisions where to go and be

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
love Butch but watching Backes/Kuraly and Wagner play the amount they did was too much. Thought that line played well however, not so much that they were out there so much

Ref got in the way two times on the OT faceoff, now, two Bruin players vs one Red Wing should have been able to get it out but....

The only other thing that`s driving me nutso with Butch is why the he** is Bjork sitting on the bench with all that open ice for him to fly around? Heinen doesn`t have terrific wheels but is a very good possession player who might also be one who could do well in OT

Thought Rask was terrific

This is one of the reasons I like Cassidy, the lines playing well play, and last night it was the 4th line and they scored in the 3rd period. So he was right for playing them. He also matched that line against Detroits top line on D zone face-offs and they were really effective getting the puck up and out of the D zone.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Entertaining game, lots to like about their play. They got a point.

Opposing GM’s getting a look at JFK Lauzon Bjork etc. Get healthy, make a couple of minute moves after the holidays. Team will be in the playoff mix and ready to surprise some people

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Being honest when I say that until at least two of McAvoy, Carlo, Chara and/or Bergeron are back, I’ll be happy with a point out of every game they play.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Detroit has won 9 of 11

Amazing

I thought the beat up Bruins overall won the Eye test

They need to talk about getting the puck on net

Rask is making great saves the opposition is watching pucks go wide

Though the Bruins outshot the Wings 36-27.

36 is a lot of shots on goal.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we played great considering our D.
kampfer with the bonegead pinch attempt on the tying goal.
he wont be here soon.

im concerned about the offense. pasta was a ghost with krecji. matchand a ghost without bergeron.

we lose one forward it kills us. we have to make a deal for a top 6 forward once our d gets healthy.
im still amazed cehlarik doesnt get a look. he will help the offense.

heinen and bjork need to get points. heinen had pasta on a 2 on 1. all he had to do was a simple saucer pass. instead he fluffs a weak ass shot attempt.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
we played great considering our D.
kampfer with the bonegead pinch attempt on the tying goal.
he wont be here soon.

im concerned about the offense. pasta was a ghost with krecji. matchand a ghost without bergeron.

we lose one forward it kills us. we have to make a deal for a top 6 forward once our d gets healthy.
im still amazed cehlarik doesnt get a look. he will help the offense.

heinen and bjork need to get points. heinen had pasta on a 2 on 1. all he had to do was a simple saucer pass. instead he fluffs a weak ass shot attempt.

Heinens shot wasn’t a weak fluff ass shot. He just missed wide. Also, it’s comical that people think cehlarik and his 4 points in 17 games will come up and help the bruins.

Reactions: Tbrady12

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Though the Bruins outshot the Wings 36-27.

36 is a lot of shots on goal.
They missed a lot as well

I’m watching Heinen closely and he missed 3 good to great chances

Why I thought they won if boxing scoring

Detroit is hot and home Bruins did well overall

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
With all the injuries and guys like Kampfer and Acciari still in the lineup, I am happy when we still get a single point. Hoping for a full healthy roster soon.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I reiterate what I said last night.

I f***ing hate the red wings. Games like this are typical when playing them.

I respected Yzerman, Federov. I actually was a huge fan of Datsyuk. But now those guys and Zetterberg are gone, I can't stand the team

This team needs people back from injuries like yesterday. It's absurd how much it's hurting the team.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Heinens shot wasn’t a weak fluff ass shot. He just missed wide. Also, it’s comical that people think cehlarik and his 4 points in 17 games will come up and help the bruins.

you put a guy like cehlarik with nhl talent and he will help.
he will help alot more than somebody like acciari in there. acciari and wagner should never both be in the lineup together.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
you put a guy like cehlarik with nhl talent and he will help.
he will help alot more than somebody like acciari in there. acciari and wagner should never both be in the lineup together.

This is not guaranteed at all. I would say Anders Bjork has a lot more talent than Cehlarik and he's not getting it done. I do agree though. I'd rather have Cehlarik in the Top 9 than Acciari 20 times out of 10, but they just don't seem to want to give Cehlarik a chance for whatever the reason.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is not guaranteed at all. I would say Anders Bjork has a lot more talent than Cehlarik and he's not getting it done.

Bjork is fighting it offensively but I have been very impressed with his overall attention to his 3 zone game, kid is busting his arse to be better and stronger in all areas, not the finished product but man, the kid needs a break, score a fluke goal, like Heinen, working hard, not getting so much as a bounce offensively

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I like Kampher especially his aggressiveness but he’s 30 and should know you can’t leave your spot made worse with AA out their who no one is catching

Lauzon continues to impress

There's a reason Kampfer was a contract throw-in for McQuaid. He'd only played like 30 NHL games or something since the lock-out. (I'm not going to look it up out of spite) I'm actually surprised he hasn't been exposed even more as he's not an NHL level defence man but can understand why he's getting a decent amount of ice-time considering the injuries. Cassidy probably thinks that he wouldn't do that exact play - and doesn't want to expose the kids even more while they're still developing and gaining confidence. Sucks but it is what it is. And it's tough to blame Kampfer for not being a better hockey player.

And yes, I have been really pleasantly surprised by Lauzon.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad