Post-Game Talk: GAME 21 - Sigh - Detroit 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
This game is on Cassidy. Putting Kampfer in the line up over and over again is just plain stupid. All the rookies D are outplaying him by a fair margin. I could live with one more rookie on D easily. The same goes for Acciari, no matter what line he plays that line just sucks. Having only 1 lousy assist to show for after a quarter of season is not acceptable. He couldn't cut it on the 4th line so what's the logic of slotting him on the 3rd line? Don't give me the crap with injuries, there are guys in Providence waiting to be called up.
If Cassidy lost his balls Sweeney should step in and send down/waive dead weight.

Reactions: Strafer

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Greenway is going to be a stud

Marchand has lost his compete

One deal i would do is Marchand for Heskenin from Dallas

Send him down to Dallas with Marchand

Then I deal McIntyre to Columbus for Josh Anderson to replace him

You've got to be kidding...
How about Heinen for Crosby and throw in March.?
Love that rat...

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
i agree most guys are trying to hard they are going to miss Bergy, think once another defenseman comes back Kempfer goes out of the lineup. I don't see DS going out to make a trade at this point. but i do agree Norstrom is not a top 6 winger it almost what they tried to force Schaller into that role last season

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
One may need more time
One may need a bus to the AHL
I am certain you can figure out which is which
Heinen had the puck on his stick more tonight than in most games he has played this year . Wasn’t it around this time last year that he really started to heat up and was very good until about the end of February? Let’s hope he gets going again . Bjork wasn’t as engaged tonight as he has been lately , he has done everything but score how he will do as far as points go the rest of the year looks impossible to predict.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not the worst game I’ve seen, i think primarily because the role players had such strong showings and showed a lot of fight. The glaring issue here is how lost some of these top tier forwards look now that the Bergeron-less lines are being shuffled around. It’s more than concerning.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Bjork just doesn’t translate in the NHL right now. I sit him for Cave next game. Should have played a full year in the minors like a lot of other guys.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Heinen had the puck on his stick more tonight than in most games he has played this year . Wasn’t it around this time last year that he really started to heat up and was very good until about the end of February? Let’s hope he gets going again . Bjork wasn’t as engaged tonight as he has been lately , he has done everything but score how he will do as far as points go the rest of the year looks impossible to predict.

Let's hope he does but it has been way too long

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Thought the Lauzon/Kampfer pairing struggled. Both players could have been better.

- Really liked Clifton's game tonight. The kid is growing on me

- There's things to like about Nordstrom's game; his speed, his hockey IQ, his ability to move up the lineup and help with the little things. But he is what he is, and that's a 3rd/4th line tweener. It's unfair to put him on one of the scoring lines and expect offense from it.

- Rask was excellent

- Happy for JFK getting another goal

- Marchand HAS to be better. He's transformed himself into a primer player in this league and right now, his team needs him.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! <3

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Pathetic defensive effort by Krug on the OT goal.....just ridiculous

I've never liked Kampfer and don't understand why any orginization would invest time on this guy instead of a kid like Clifton or Zboril who could actually develop into a better asset......it's not like Kampfer was ever anything more than a #6 or #7 D man....remember when Zach Trotman played top pair minutes for us and people wanted to run Rask out of town and Chara's play was slipping rapidly, had nothing to do with Trotman

Nothing wrong with Krug's effort at all on that play. AA had body position on Krug. Marchand tried to turn and skate with the puck before he even had it. That goal was on 63.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I was very happy to get the point but furious over the goal that we gave up in OT. It's one thing to give up a goal while going back and forth, but off the faceoff where our 2 veteran players can't fend off one Wing, that's unacceptable. Cassidy has to try different combinations in OT, Bjork needs to be out there.

Maybe if the fella dropping the puck would stop blocking the face-off wins it would help as well?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Marchand HAS to be better. He's transformed himself into a primer player in this league and right now, his team needs him.

In fairness to Brad he's probably only had 3 or 4 not-so-good games in the first 21 games.

Also the Bruins are only 5 points out of first place in the Atlantic with a game in hand, and would actually be tied for first in the Met division with 26 pts with half of an AHL roster.

I think we just have to have a little more patience then usual for the next few games considering all the injuries.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Well the last couple of games should put any future discussion about splitting up that top line to rest. When healthy Pasta, Bergy and Marchand have to stay together. Sort out the secondary scoring with some trades.

3 out of 4 points from the next two games would be good. Come on Bruins, dig deep.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rask’s play has been encouraging since he’s been back. Having both goalies play well will be huge to help them tread water until they start getting some key guys back. It’s gonna be a struggle for sure from what I can see.

Be nice to get Kampfer out of the lineup at some point with D starting to come back but this forward lineup looks pretty weak to me with only one major injury.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
DeBrusk & Carlo for Nylander

We get our future first line center and the Leafs get 2 good young players

Do it Donny have some stones

Make don Godfather proud
Yes you are totally right. Even Santa hates Marchand for his antics and he won't have any gifts.

They actually sucks, hockey gods left them. Trade Bergeron for Matheuws and a first... start the rebuild. This team is toast.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
This game is on Cassidy. Putting Kampfer in the line up over and over again is just plain stupid. All the rookies D are outplaying him by a fair margin. I could live with one more rookie on D easily. The same goes for Acciari, no matter what line he plays that line just sucks. Having only 1 lousy assist to show for after a quarter of season is not acceptable. He couldn't cut it on the 4th line so what's the logic of slotting him on the 3rd line? Don't give me the crap with injuries, there are guys in Providence waiting to be called up.
If Cassidy lost his balls Sweeney should step in and send down/waive dead weight.

Yes and get rid of Cassidy! ;)

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The line combos were all over the place. Cassidy needs to put them back to what they were before the Bergeron injury and call up a center to replace him. Too much juggling last night. No way they can get a rhythm this way. Play the kids on D. They are holding their own. I thought Rask was excellent also.
It’s like three OT games on Marchand this year. WTF. Put out the speedsters.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
So after sifting through the sarcasm and reaction to sarcasm not knowing it was sarcasm:

I bag on Heinen a lot. Likely as much or more than anyone else on this site but its not because I dont think he's an NHL player, it's because I dont think he's a guy who's going to stir the drink on lines 2-3. I think he can be an ok player for line 3 but to depend on him to put up points or drive the line's success isn't going to happen. I feel similar about Bjork. The guy who's the best of the bunch is scoring down in Providence right now, Donato.

In saying that, the Bruins need some help at C, there's no skirting around it. I've read the posts about, "If the Bruins try and get a Center now they'll get ripped off"..................well where that may be true, Don didn't accomplish that in the off season nor did accomplish that prior to Bergy getting hurt so he doesn't have a f***in choice right now. Nordstrom on any line except the 4th gives me anxiety. Backes on the top PP unit gives me anxiety.

Losing to the wings stings but half glass full, we got a point. As long as we stay within 3-5 points of a wildcard spot until we're healthy again, I'm confident the team with some minor tweeks can run the train in Jan-April and head into playoffs hot. Top 6 winger and 3C needs to be addressed. Where I think JFK is going to be a solid 3C in the future, he's not good enough today to drive a line with Bjork and Heinen/Donato/Celharik/Backes/Senyshyn, whoever is on it with him. End rant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad