GDT: Game 21: Preds @ Red Wings | 6:30 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Back in the Motor City!!!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
that was a "where are we going for dinner tonight conversation" and not a fight...... that was hysterical

The PH Factor

Mar 18, 2013
Washington, DC
Online sources seem to transliterate Czech "c" as "ts," though I guess depending on how you pronounce that double consonant, it can sound more like -etch than -ets. Who was that one Czech player? Stanislav Neckar...which I think was pronounced something like Nets-cash. Hockey announcers definitely earn their keep.

Or my favorite hockey name ever. Miroslav Satan (hint it's not pronounced say-ten). Slovak but same principle. Loved it when he played for the Devils though, lol.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Mazanec with a shutout (and a shot attempt up the middle) .... another decent game of team defense ... and a win.

If the Preds can learn to handle the games people expect them to do well in, this could be a pretty good season ... but no .... lose to struggling teams in the northeast ....

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds win 2-0. That had to be our best defensive game this year. Solid game by Mazanec and congrats on his first shutout. Amazing how having confidence in a goalie can change things. Preds may have finally found the right lineup and lines that work both offensively and defensively. Good job by the boys tonight

You

Jul 1, 2010
Looks like Detroit got lost...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

in the Maze

YEAHHHHHHHHH

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
They said Maz was passing, I disagree. I think he was trying to shoot for the open net.

Agreed, I think he wanted a goal. But hey, this was an effort to be proud of. Whatever he's been drinking, keep it up. I missed most of the first but looked like the team played pretty solid in front of him.
This is not the Wings team we are used to seeing, not sure what is going on with them. But Preds need the 2 points so lets put them in the bank and head north to Ford-city.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Online sources seem to transliterate Czech "c" as "ts," though I guess depending on how you pronounce that double consonant, it can sound more like -etch than -ets. Who was that one Czech player? Stanislav Neckar...which I think was pronounced something like Nets-cash. Hockey announcers definitely earn their keep.

Stan Nets-car or Nets-cash, I heard both.

Dobry den (good day) is the only Czech that I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad