GDT: Game 21: Preds @ Red Wings | 6:30 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Back in the Motor City!!!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I must say the vast majority of DRW fans have no idea how to deal with a struggling team. Show up late, leave early, dis the team while you are there, refuse to do anything to pump them up when they have a pretty good stretch of play. Generally act like a whole arena of spoiled children who "deserve" a win. And then boo the loss - loudly. Not very classy. You should have seen the daggers in the look from the gal in front of me when I cheered the second Preds goal. If they don't turn their results around pretty quick, their attendance is going to tank. I had fun, anyway! And a great visit with my Mom. She looks so cute in her Zetterberg jersey. She's a little tiny old lady and has to roll up the sleeves about 3 times.

So how many would you estimate were actually in the stands? Looked terrible on TV, but of course it was announced at 20,066.

Just curious what the ACTUAL attendance was......

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Thanks i was just curious if it was a style of play or just the Preds playing to competition and out of system.
I wasn't sure if you saw a different style of play out of the northeast teams that the Preds have trouble with. Wanted to pick your brain..

I think something to consider too those games (outside of early crippling goals) is the pk went south.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
So how many would you estimate were actually in the stands? Looked terrible on TV, but of course it was announced at 20,066.

Just curious what the ACTUAL attendance was......

At its fullest - about middle of the second period - I'd say around 80% full, and that would be somewhere between 17.5 and 18?. I have a hard time judging crowd size. How do you count the couple next to us who showed up mid-way through the 2nd and never returned after the end of the period?

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
What's happening?

We have a goaltender with confidence, that's what.

He did look pretty comfortable out there. Fisher's line did a great job on the Datsyuk line all evening. Once you shut them down, the Wings don't really have much to offer.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What's happening?

We have a goaltender with confidence, that's what.
Yes. As I've bi***** and moaned about way too much, as the goaltending goes, our team goes. We can't have bad goaltending and win a game. Unless we're playing Colorado and Varlamov can't stop anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad