GDT: Game 21: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 3/2/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, TSN5, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The Skinner won was awarded after a 40 goal season. What the hell happened to him? At least Hall is only for one year. Duchene is another bad one. These guys are all still 4-5 years younger than Price though

I don't understand Hall's issues, its odd.

Reactions: Tyson

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Well actually.. a lot about coaching is putting players in positions to succeed, and putting players with other players who maximize their strengths or reduce weaknesses.

So when you put Danault - Armia out there to start 3 on 3, that's bad coaching.. and insisting on using two of your better wingers with a terrible center is still bad decision making.. and putting a pairing together that exasperates each others weaknesses and refusing to break them apart is still bad coaching.

So no, it isn't about putting line together.. what the lines do is give an insight into what the coaching staff is thinking and when the pairings, lines don't make sense, and the player usage doesn't make sense.. it's a fundamental coaching failure.
KK has played predominantly with Toffoli and Armia. Hardly bums. That’s what this is all about right? KK vs Danault? Most coaches like to have 2 skilled guys and one 2 way guy on a line. Danault is the two way guy on his line with Tatar and Gallagher as the offensive guys. Armia is the two way guy on what was that line, and KK and Toffoli are supposed to be the skilled guys. But folks would rather shit on Armia for playing his role well as opposed to acknowledge that KK is the one who isn’t doing his job as well as his line mates. The lines all make sense on paper, KK just needs to step it up.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Gotta love how Josh Anderson miss one game (maybe 2) following a weird fall and he goes from powerhorse to paperhorse in everyone's mind.

Same thing whenever he misses a shift.

It's like people get pleasure at thinking we signed an injury prone player when apart from that one injury season he had a relatively healthy career.
Trust me there is no pleasure at all, we need and love Anderson. I did call him paperhorse on the injury thread though lol
Bad luck or not, guy missed most of last season, didn't finish 2 of our games and went to the dressing room 3 times in 20 games so far. That said he has only missed 1 game on paper so I know where you coming from. It's fine, let people have their fun. There are way more asinine player comments out there.

Now for the bolded part stop assuming and get out of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tighthead

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Gotta love how Josh Anderson miss one game (maybe 2) following a weird fall and he goes from powerhorse to paperhorse in everyone's mind.

Same thing whenever he misses a shift.

It's like people get pleasure at thinking we signed an injury prone player when apart from that one injury season he had a relatively healthy career.

Not saying you’re wrong Treb. But how many times have we seen him have to go to the room already short into the season? He plays with a reckless edge to him. And that shoulder surgery may have fixed his shoulders for now, but the reality is they’ll never be the same as what they were before after that kind of surgery so it is kind of nerve racking when you hear about any kind of injury.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Untitled design2.jpg

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
The Skinner won was awarded after a 40 goal season. What the hell happened to him? At least Hall is only for one year. Duchene is another bad one. These guys are all still 4-5 years younger than Price though
Oh yeah Hall took a 1 year deal didn't he? Lol bet he wishes he could reconsider now eh? I dont understand these guy basically throwing money away.

Reactions: Tyson

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
In a normal setting, price is clearly the lesser goalie and Ottawa plays us as well as any team. Bad choice. Hope he has a short leash.
Isn't it funny that ottawa is playing exactly like bergeven wants his team to play,any style you want.:popcorn:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
KK has played predominantly with Toffoli and Armia. Hardly bums. That’s what this is all about right? KK vs Danault? Most coaches like to have 2 skilled guys and one 2 way guy on a line. Danault is the two way guy on his line with Tatar and Gallagher as the offensive guys. Armia is the two way guy on what was that line, and KK and Toffoli are supposed to be the skilled guys. But folks would rather shit on Armia for playing his role well as opposed to acknowledge that KK is the one who isn’t doing his job as well as his line mates. The lines all make sense on paper, KK just needs to step it up.

Actually no, this isn't about KK v. Danault. Its about every center on the team v. Danault.

Jake Evans has been better than Danault. I don't care who gets who, but Danault has earned himself bottom line wingers and ice time. He has not earned top 6 minutes, top 6 wingers and being the go to center on goddamm 3 on 3.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Trust me there is no pleasure at all, we need and love Anderson. I did call him paperhorse on the injury thread though lol
Bad luck or not, guy missed most of last season, didn't finish 2 of our games and went to the dressing room 3 times in 20 games so far. That said he has only missed 1 game on paper so I know where you coming from. It's fine, let people have their fun. There are way more asinine player comments out there.

Now for the bolded part stop assuming and get out of my head.

I saw people calling the signing a mistake and Anderson a broken player the first time he missed a shift.

I just don't get how people are always so prone to reach for the doom scenario as soon as something not good happen.

Reactions: Habano and Holystik

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Actually no, this isn't about KK v. Danault. Its about every center on the team v. Danault.

Jake Evans has been better than Danault. I don't care who gets who, but Danault has earned himself bottom line wingers and ice time. He has not earned top 6 minutes, top 6 wingers and being the go to center on goddamm 3 on 3.
So Danaults 4 year track record gets thrown out the window? And in a year where he’s approaching UFA and hoping to cash for his one big contract you demote him? Sounds like a great way to piss off your team coach.

also Danault started the 3 on 3 because he gives us the best chance at winning the initial face off and controlling puck possession, but ya let’s ignore that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So Danaults 4 year track record gets thrown out the window? And in a year where he’s approaching UFA and hoping to cash for his one big contract you demote him? Sounds like a great way to piss off your team coach.

Yes, at the point that the team is in a slump and the player has a full year without a goal on a goalie.. you can demote the guy.

Also, you know what pisses competitors off the most? Losing and watching worse players than themselves get the opportunities and still undeliver.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yes, at the point that the team is in a slump and the player has a full year without a goal on a goalie.. you can demote the guy.

Also, you know what pisses competitors off the most? Losing and watching worse players than themselves get the opportunities and still undeliver.
lol ok coach

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well, ... Sens are used to face back-up goalies, so business as usual for them.
Lol... indeed. And i wonder... how long will Ducharme will be doing the "feeling" before he figures out that Price is not going to give him a chance to win? I mean, he is not new... he's seen Price this season. Sigh. Makes me wonder if it was really Julien who was calling the shots to begin with. What a farce.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Great time for Price to get his groove back. Need the guy to find himself again. Can’t have him playing like bottom 3rd caliber starter and expect to win.

Reactions: Dusty Bender

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

also Danault started the 3 on 3 because he gives us the best chance at winning the initial face off and controlling puck possession, but ya let’s ignore that.

What does him being in a contract year mean anything to the team? That’s his business. And at this point it’s his problem because he’s not even producing at the one aspect of his game that brought value to his team. His usage has been spotty dating back to when he was centering Pacioretty and Radulov.

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad