GDT: Game 21: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 3/2/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, TSN5, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
We’re totally going to be a different team now that Dumbinic Ducharme kept the exact same f***ing lines intact.

More of the same old.
Stop please. These lines are efficient, they are the best lines. A new coaching staff like the one we have now is a culture change. The boys play really well together and it’s just a matter of time before we get out juice back.

this negativity is creating such a hostile environment. Let’s have faith in our new crew and hope the team can get it going.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs simply don't have the horses and the couple of horses we thought we had should be put out to pasture.

A full on rebuild should have occurred instead of lame ass "reset".

Putting a bandaid over a sucking chest wound

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I will be awake for this one.

tenor.gif

Reactions: OldCraig71

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Stop please. These lines are efficient, they are the best lines. A new coaching staff like the one we have now is a culture change. The boys play really well together and it’s just a matter of time before we get out juice back.

this negativity is creating such a hostile environment. Let’s have faith in our new crew and hope the team can get it going.
I love how some fans think coaching is just about putting lines together lol

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

IF THERE WAS A THUMBS DOWN BUTTON I WOULD BE FURIOUSLY PRESSING IT RIGHT NOW.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love how some fans think coaching is just about putting lines together lol

Well actually.. a lot about coaching is putting players in positions to succeed, and putting players with other players who maximize their strengths or reduce weaknesses.

So when you put Danault - Armia out there to start 3 on 3, that's bad coaching.. and insisting on using two of your better wingers with a terrible center is still bad decision making.. and putting a pairing together that exasperates each others weaknesses and refusing to break them apart is still bad coaching.

So no, it isn't about putting line together.. what the lines do is give an insight into what the coaching staff is thinking and when the pairings, lines don't make sense, and the player usage doesn't make sense.. it's a fundamental coaching failure.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Habs simply don't have the horses and the couple of horses we thought we had should be put out to pasture.

A full on rebuild should have occurred instead of lame ass "reset".

Putting a bandaid over a sucking chest wound

Anderson and Tyfolli are still good additions , but we are on year 10 of trying to find more than one C. My rugby coach used to tell us, after our typical losing streak, 'you have to go through a little hell to get to heaven boys'. I think that's the case here. First 10 games were lame, nobody was ready ...

I think this team is a lot better than their recent record shows, but a #1 C would do wonders even if it meant sacrificing Price.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anderson and Tyfolli are still good additions , but we are on year 10 of trying to find more than one C. My rugby coach used to tell us, after our typical losing streak, 'you have to go through a little hell to get to heaven boys'. I think that's the case here. First 10 games were lame, nobody was ready ...

I think this team is a lot better than their recent record shows, but a #1 C would do wonders even if it meant sacrificing Price.
The worst contract in the NHL is Carey Price. NMC and locked in for 88 million

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
The worst contract in the NHL is Carey Price. NMC and locked in for 88 million

Tough call.. Hall, Price, PK , Skinner, Weber.. hey 3/5 were handed out by Bergy lol. Does little King Geoffry look at the financials?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well actually.. a lot about coaching is putting players in positions to succeed, and putting players with other players who maximize their strengths or reduce weaknesses.

So when you put Danault - Armia out there to start 3 on 3, that's bad coaching.. and insisting on using two of your better wingers with a terrible center is still bad decision making.. and putting a pairing together that exasperates each others weaknesses and refusing to break them apart is still bad coaching.

So no, it isn't about putting line together.. what the lines do is give an insight into what the coaching staff is thinking and when the pairings, lines don't make sense, and the player usage doesn't make sense.. it's a fundamental coaching failure.
This is an excellent post WTK. The bold part is probably what troubles me the most about this team and how it is coached.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Gotta love how Josh Anderson miss one game (maybe 2) following a weird fall and he goes from powerhorse to paperhorse in everyone's mind.

Same thing whenever he misses a shift.

It's like people get pleasure at thinking we signed an injury prone player when apart from that one injury season he had a relatively healthy career.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

No way. This team is jammed on the Price One and Only Edition. No way this team will rebuilt with a strong number one center. Habs control medias and they will chant Price is the best goalie of the world, they will point everybody else than Price, as they do since the last 10 years, working negatively on the players confidence and the offensive line will struggle as they did since this team is built on the superstar goalie. Since José Théodore because he was like the second coming of P. Roy.

Habs fans are brainwashed by this concept, they have no clue at all how a winning team is built, like Boston with Bergeron, LA with Kopitar, Hawks with Kane, TB with Kucherov, etc. The super goalie mentality (and given excuses for losses) will stay like forever with Habs fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Gotta love how Josh Anderson miss one game (maybe 2) following a weird fall and he goes from powerhorse to paperhorse in everyone's mind.

It's like people get pleasure at thinking we signed an injury prone player when apart from that one injury season he had a relatively healthy career.
I hope your right Treb. I dont get any kind of pleasure from seeing Anderson go down, although I do tend to get nervous because he is such a huge addition to the team. If Anderson can go on and have a relatively healthy contract length for the Habs, he will definitely be a beast and a fan favorite. I wish him all the best.

Also, I wonder if this means he could potentially play tonight? Or was he wearing a no contact jersey.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It's one of the weirdest phenomenons I've seen here.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tough call.. Hall, Price, PK , Skinner, Weber.. hey 3/5 were handed out by Bergy lol. Does little King Geoffry look at the financials?
The Skinner won was awarded after a 40 goal season. What the hell happened to him? At least Hall is only for one year. Duchene is another bad one. These guys are all still 4-5 years younger than Price though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad