Game #20: Kings vs. Devils - 11/15/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 2-0

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
There just isn't much to talk about after this game, it was boring, outside of Scrivens we didn't look very good, the kids had rough games, and we looked tired. Very happy that we managed to pull this one out, but taking into account injuries, travel, and three games in four nights (or three straight in Pearson's case), there just isn't much to be extracted from this one. Also, the "PGT is only active after we lose" stuff is a bit of hyperbole, the best game we played this year (against Vancouver) had an 11 page PGT.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ahhh, ok. I think Jeff was the C6.R? I remember seeing those beasts at Laguna Seca many an ALMS race. The only other team that could match them (in class) back then was Prodrive with their 575 Maranello's and Aston's later on.

And both put their tail between their legs and ran :nod:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Isn't your avatar supposed to be Jeffrey from the (former) ALMS Corvette team Rec?

It's not his typical hot chick, therefore it sucks. I'd change mine to Alex Curry but the one I have now is pretty fantastic...

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
And both put their tail between their legs and ran :nod:

But they all sounded so goooood. The 575 had a particularly ear piercing tone around the rev limit. Like it hit the frequency of the whole planet at once. The Vette's rumbled all of your organs at once, liquifying them.

It's not his typical hot chick, therefore it sucks. I'd change mine to Alex Curry but the one I have now is pretty fantastic...

I guess it was an attempt at trying to humanize cars because they had so much time and dedication in them. I really wouldn't say anything is an object because there's much resonance attached to all. Voynov did play better with Loki around I guess, not that he's bad now...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
But they all sounded so goooood. The 575 had a particularly ear piercing tone around the rev limit. Like it hit the frequency of the whole planet at once. The Vette's rumbled all of your organs at once, liquifying them.

I guess it was an attempt at trying to humanize cars because they had so much time and dedication in them. I really wouldn't say anything is an object because there's much resonance attached to all. Voynov did play better with Loki around I guess, not that he's bad now...

I always thought the DBR9 was one of the more aurally and visually spectacular GT cars of all time. Such a gorgeous machine that absolutely shrieked! Glad it finally gave up after the C6.R annihilated it repeatedly :yo:

If someone does this for me, I will forever be grateful. Feel free to add in a "I <3 CNS" thought bubble in to the picture as well. :laugh::laugh:

I would but my gifs are usually three times the size limit :shakehead

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Man if you wanna hear shriek, there's nothing like sound of a 4-Rotor R26B in person. Its so Formula 1 like. I'm gonna miss the days of no more engine sounds, and it will just be silhouettes cutting through air with their electric motors going REALLY fast. Its great to see American teams do well overseas though, especially in Le Mans...

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
There just isn't much to talk about after this game, it was boring, outside of Scrivens we didn't look very good, the kids had rough games, and we looked tired. Very happy that we managed to pull this one out, but taking into account injuries, travel, and three games in four nights (or three straight in Pearson's case), there just isn't much to be extracted from this one. Also, the "PGT is only active after we lose" stuff is a bit of hyperbole, the best game we played this year (against Vancouver) had an 11 page PGT.

the Kids didn't go to bed at their curfew i'm thinking :laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah. I still haven't heard an F1 car under full bore, but that should change soon. I have heard a F50 GT1 absolutely haul ass at Laguna and that was essentially the same thing. Nothing beats an American V8 for the pure "feel it throughout your entire body" experience. Being two feet away from a GT1 C6.R and FGT going 170+ down Shoreline Drive was certainly an experience. The sheer throatiness is enough to make your ears almost bleed. The new GTS-R seems surprisingly tame in comparison; the p***yfication of GT racing if you will. Those GT1 cars were day and night. These GT3 cars seem tame in comparison.

HF's way of telling you size does matter. Tight restrictions. :naughty:

:laugh:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Yea everything is merging together to make it uniform, which will somehow hopefully allow things to become more innovative. I like how in the latest GT there's so many manufacturers competing against one another. Makes for very good products, kinda like in Hockey too. But then it also has me up at 2 AM with racing thoughts. I think I'm gonna take Sentinels advice and dream some waves.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ha, yeah.

The technology transfer is insane right now though. Whether it be a ZR1, M3 (I won't count the Z4), 458, Viper, or GT3, the technology on the street cars is often better than the race cars! I love it. Best racing on the planet, AINEC!!!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Boring and a win is all I'm hoping for with a gassed team playing a rested team. 2-0-1 so far on the roady is terrific.

Sadly the Kings face yet another 3 games in 4 night situation on Sunday, at least this time the Rangers will have played in Montreal the day before.

7 of 8 points would be awesome.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
The board was relatively quiet because our kids didn't score. Our shiny new toys aren't as shiny as they were the other night against the Islanders.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Love this graph...

TivVCU6.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh man, that flowchart is amazing. :laugh: Where's ours?

Just kidding, scared to see what ours would look like.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Congrats to the Professor for being tied for #1 in the NHL for shutouts. Having seen how easy he stepped up last year when Riemer was out hurt, I wasn't surprised to see how well he's done in Quick's absence. He's a good goalie that doesn't panic, keeps his head in chaos. He'll do fine until JQ is ready and because he's so calm back there, the team in front of him will play better.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
It was also, to be quite honest, a very boring game. As long as Scrivens can stay somewhat consistent while keeping the blowouts (there will be at least one or two) to a minimum, we'll be alright. Schedule really ramps up soon though, and will tell the true tale with him. Vancouver, SJ, St. Louis, Anaheim as 4 of 5 games, then a tough eastern swing. Hope he can do it.

I'm going to wager there won't be many, if any, blowouts. Scrivens was very steady during his stint as a starter with Toronto, he's just so underrated.

If it was a boring game that we lost 1-0, there would be 11 pages, not four, half of which are a conversation between reclamation and cns about something I have no clue about, lol. Vancouver was an exception, not a rule.

Oh man, that flowchart is amazing. :laugh: Where's ours?

Just kidding, scared to see what ours would look like.

Change 'zajac' to 'kopitar' and you'd have about half of it filled.

KingKopitar11*

LOL Zajacs fault. And Zajacs contract. It'd be the same with Kopitar.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
According to dancing boy, DD is "banged" up and Nolan was absent from the bench in the third. Yikes.

Edit; Nolan had 1 shift in the third

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad