Game #20: Kings vs. Devils - 11/15/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 2-0

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
Love Scrivens attitude and how much credit he's giving the defense in from of him.

Very impressed with him so far.

^thanks, Rafa. Not bad, but will be better after a couple more games. Still early, but nice to see them closing the gap.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Good game, guys.

You had a slow start then totally dominated in the 3rd period, leading to that goal late.

Scrivens was pretty damn good tonight. He's still no Quick but then again, who is?

Good luck until we see you back in LA. :nod:

Thanks gw2.

Right back at you. Best of luck and go get em.

We need a finals rematch.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Loving Scribbles more and more. Good effort all the way around.

images

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
We're tops in the league in these kind of games. I'd even say we are the best team in the league in terms of grind it out games like these. What I fear are teams that plays fast with a lot of skill! Good win boys!

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Scrivens has been solid for us all season. Glad he gets a chance to show off his stuff.

I don't know whether to fear King's stache, or bow down to it. Maybe both?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Vey and Pearson had really rough games.

I really don't care how we win until one of Carter or Quick are back. Two points all that matter.

Scrivens was great.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I'll just copy and paste because I spent time on this and thread got closed:

Scrivezina (thank you Scrivezina) or bust, I'm not being sarcastic either. He played out of his mind today against the Devs, transcended goals/shots/space/time and just was. I'd love to see Team Canada give someone outside of the bullsheeit norm a shot. Any player that grew up playing hockey in Canada would play lights out for their country.

But at the same time no, because Quick is out and will probably miss the Olympics and if we lose Scrivens we're ****ed.

In reply to Scrivens making the Canadian Olympics

Last edited:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Slept through the entire game. Having little to no actual sleep all week sucks.

Also, I know I didn't see the game but I've been thinking this for a while and that hit further assists what I've been thinking:

Where are you guys who wanted Nolan gone? So many people **** all over him and I told you he'd bounce back. So glad he's been solid all year.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Slept through the entire game. Having little to no actual sleep all week sucks.

Also, I know I didn't see the game but I've been thinking this for a while and that hit further assists what I've been thinking:

Where are you guys who wanted Nolan gone? So many people **** all over him and I told you he'd bounce back. So glad he's been solid all year.

He has been solid since we drfted him.

He was very good in MCH and now that he is being given time and direction he has proven himself to be a heck of a bottom 6er in the NHL. King has proven himself to be a solid utility forward too. I knew Vey back before his draft and was happy to see us get him. As you know he is just a solid kid with high end skill. He ran into some trouble with the "local girls" back in JRs but that happens. He has a solid positive outlook and has never looked back from his great JR success. Happy for him.

Being a 67 alumni I was able to spend a bunch of time with TT and I always laughed at anyone who doubted him or pointed at linemates to being the reason for his success.

Pearson looked good for his second game in the NHL. He is going to be a very good NHLer. He will start off a bit timid but give him another 8 games and he will turn it on. He has always been that way. Takes his time to get his feet wet and then finds another gear.

I was able to watch game tapes (thanks to andy sam) today on a couple of Monarchs and we have a few kids who are ready to jump up too. I think AndyA is looking exceptionally good and Sabourin has turned a real corner. His last three games looked really good.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
At first I thought Nolan boarded Harrold and was pissed he supposedly did that. Then I saw the replay. Its exciting to know Manch is such a good womb for AHL guys, I mean there's not much cigarette smoke to taint things. I guess there's still cell phone radiation though.

Oh and I mean to say the Canadian Olympic Team, not that all Canadians are handicapped in some kind of way. I fully expect you guys to blast your way to gold this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad