Game #20: Kings vs. Devils - 11/15/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 2-0

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
13-6-1, on pace for 111 points. I assume since we aren't 19 pages deep that we have stepped away from the cliff until Sunday at least?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Slept through the entire game. Having little to no actual sleep all week sucks.

Also, I know I didn't see the game but I've been thinking this for a while and that hit further assists what I've been thinking:

Where are you guys who wanted Nolan gone? So many people **** all over him and I told you he'd bounce back. So glad he's been solid all year.

Good to hear you got some sleep its something we all need. Next I am one of those who ***** all over him and yes proving me wrong so far this year and he made a hell of nice hit and has played a lot better this year. However I stand by my comments because when I made them they were all true and Sutter must of thought similar things as he made him a healthy scratch at the end of last season and playoffs.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
13-6-1, on pace for 111 points. I assume since we aren't 19 pages deep that we have stepped away from the cliff until Sunday at least?

We look good. Being 13 6 1 at this point with the injuries and the struggling to find true cohesiveness in every position it feels really good to be where we are today.

Of course I got to listen to EJ Hradek go on and on about how we don't look so good and how unless we make drastic improvements we won't make the playoffs for an hour the other day so it will be nice to give him a bit of grief next time I see him amd get a chance to talk.

Of course the Penguins record is worse than ours and if we were in his beloved NHL East we would be in second place must be overlooked but then there you go.

Twice as good as we are bad is what most coaches say when and if you look at the standings. That is where you want to be and we are better then that today.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Slept through the entire game. Having little to no actual sleep all week sucks.

Also, I know I didn't see the game but I've been thinking this for a while and that hit further assists what I've been thinking:

Where are you guys who wanted Nolan gone? So many people **** all over him and I told you he'd bounce back. So glad he's been solid all year.

Never doubted him. He's been fantastic. And that hit, good lord.

KingKopitar11*

Love Nolan a lot. He's much less riskier than Clifford and he does the same job better.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Great game. I love these type of grinders because our team is more equipped then most to win them.

I love how the third is consistantly our best period.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
Great game. I love these type of grinders because our team is more equipped then most to win them.

I love how the third is consistantly our best period.

For a few years now I have been uber confident in our third periods. Being down one or even two at the end of the second never feels terrifying because I know this Kings team has what it takes to come from behind and steal a game, often in a very decisive fashion.

If your team has a strongest period, the third is easily the one you want it to be. One if the reasons why I love this group of players. They can pull a lot off when needed. Grit and clutch goes far.

In a dream world, we keep grinding out these wins, Scrivens stays strong and gains confidence, Carter comes back healthy and eager to score, we make some moves and keep the kids up, and Quickie gets healthy and comes back in his best form. If it all comes together, this team is gonna look mighty fine in a couple months. We just need our foot in the door for now, until we heal up and return playing like contenders.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It was also, to be quite honest, a very boring game. As long as Scrivens can stay somewhat consistent while keeping the blowouts (there will be at least one or two) to a minimum, we'll be alright. Schedule really ramps up soon though, and will tell the true tale with him. Vancouver, SJ, St. Louis, Anaheim as 4 of 5 games, then a tough eastern swing. Hope he can do it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings won. What do you expect?

:laugh:

grumble grumble nothing to post about tonight

We look good. Being 13 6 1 at this point with the injuries and the struggling to find true cohesiveness in every position it feels really good to be where we are today.

Of course I got to listen to EJ Hradek go on and on about how we don't look so good and how unless we make drastic improvements we won't make the playoffs for an hour the other day so it will be nice to give him a bit of grief next time I see him amd get a chance to talk.

Of course the Penguins record is worse than ours and if we were in his beloved NHL East we would be in second place must be overlooked but then there you go.

Twice as good as we are bad is what most coaches say when and if you look at the standings. That is where you want to be and we are better then that today.

Strange, because Hradek usually pumps the Kings. But yes a million times to everything else. It's more important that we're picking points up than style points right now; 3 in 4 nights on the road with our injury tab is nothing to sneeze at and we're gutting things out while getting everyone valuable experience. Also, we should be thankful for every point, because teams aside, we're in a nasty stretch of the schedule; 9 in 16 nights with east-to-west travel. we've already got 5 points in 3 down, so that's a good start!

Gutsy win, GKG!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Almost wish we lost. At least the conversation would be there.

funny-gif-bored-man.gif

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Just keep getting points from the weak East, that's all I want.

Get at least a point in NY coming up.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
EJ Hradek is a total blowhard. I rarely take anything he says seriously. Very much a what have you done for me lately analyst.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Glad someone recognized Jake, Corvette Racing's mascot. Gearing up for the C7.R.

Ahhh, ok. I think Jeff was the C6.R? I remember seeing those beasts at Laguna Seca many an ALMS race. The only other team that could match them (in class) back then was Prodrive with their 575 Maranello's and Aston's later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad