GDT: Game 20: Canada Vs Czech Republic | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 7 - 2 CZE

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Great work by Strondella... that is literally his forte.. skate skate skate... pass pass pass.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I applaud Comtois for bringing light to social media bullying and all that. He's doing well in the NHL and that's great too. Happy for him and hope he has a long career.

What bugs me is that they show him missing a goal in the shootout and make it sound like that is why people turned on him. I don't think that was the case. It wasn't for me personally. I was sick of him well before that game.

He comes from the same school as the Tkachuk's, Wahlstrom and Marchand. His behvaior during the games was not what a Captain should be. That's why he got smashed on social media IMO.

Yesterday, during the US game, the thread went sideways on Wahlstrom for similar antics. Great player, wish him well but people aren't big fans of the dives, embellisments etc.

Having said that... modern day pests are finding a LOT of success in the NHL these days. It's almost becoming a new type of player.

FTR... I've seen Comtois for the Ducks a few times and he looks like a hell of a player and I haven't noticed anything like I did at the Junior's last year.
Generally not a fan of preachy corporate ads, but that one is done fairly tastefully (focused on the positive support).

It's fine to speak out against the diving, I'm against that too of course, but it did turn into him being the scapegoat for the outcome for a lot of people despite the fact that he played very well.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm a big Hunter fan to be honest... I'm not blaming our injuries at all but we don't have one guy on our very empty bench that would even get an invite to the Canadian camp. . I feel like Canada has taken their foot of the gas and are mercifully playing it out.
Hunter is a piece of trash. What he did to Turgeon is unforgivable. A truly despicable human being.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
It's obvious the Czechs don't have much left in the tank and the injuries to key players weaken them significantly. In other circumstances it could have been a good matchup.
I take it back, Czechs keep fighting and keeping the game worth watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad