Post-Game Talk: Game 20: BRUINS win a shootout in Toronto - win a shootout?????

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You can't "fix" a PCL once it is torn. And it is the least crucial ligament in regards to putting weight on the knee, which is why they usually leave it be instead of doing invasive surgery. One should probably have a better grasp on medical issues before posting with such authority. :shakehead

Sorry Doctor. I didn't capitalize the sentence! People here saying his knee is a problem, so I went with it. I was trying to make the point of him playing hurt all the time. Sometimes it's better to fix things instead of him playing like crap on the ice.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Sorry Doctor. I didn't capitalize the sentence! People here saying his knee is a problem, so I went with it. I was trying to make the point of him playing hurt all the time. Sometimes it's better to fix things instead of him playing like crap on the ice.

"People" are stupid. All one has to do is read half the posts here to learn that. And all one has to do to be smarter is to Google Posterior Cruciate Ligament treatment. If so, they would learn that surgery is almost never done unless there are combined injuries involving other ligaments in the knee. No "doctor" needed. :shakehead

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I believe the term is confirmation bias.

No one can expect Chara to be Norris Chara. He is still by far our #1 and performing quite well. He is slower, and playing less physical. He is still playing very solid. Having a great season, in fact. Playing with a #7 in Trotman doesn't help him, although it's helped Trotman to look pretty good so far.

Chara has never been a great skater. It's as if fans are realizing this for the first time in his career here.

The damaged knee makes his poor skating all the worse. And it is more noticeable than before the injury. I think that is why he isn't knocking guys into next week like he used to, he needs to protect that knee so he can skate. If he goes down again the Bruins are toast and he knows it.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Chara is still a top dman in the Eastern Conference. He can still shut down any teams top guy. I don't care how old he is, since his return the Bruins are a completely different team.

Chara is a legend!

100% agree , Team is junk on D as it is imagine no Z :laugh:

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Sweeney? no, Hamilton didn't want to sign here. I place it more on Chiarelli before him for putting all of his hopes on Hamilton and not drafting or signing another D. Boychuk seemed the right guy to take over.. but we know what Chiarelli did there. That's the trade that cost him his job in my opinion.

There were multiple reports that teams in the west had no clue that Hamilton was on the trading block and were shocked that he wasn't "put out there".

Sweeney could have started a bidding war for Hamilton's services yet decided to deal just with Calgary and hints of Edmonton and did not get a player back in return.

When I heard about the trade and the way it went down and all the question marks it reminded me of the Thornton trade...:(

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I dunno...I miss Looch too...but I'd take C.Miller, Belesky and a 1st over him everyday of the week!

Not to mention it's made Krejci a more creative/productive forward so far.

Well the B's are still paying half of Looch's salary...

Krejci sucked last year (due to injury not due to Looch) plus the B's never got another winger for that line. Once Looch was on the line with Pasta and Spooner he looked good (and kept up with the kids). The was one of the only bright spots last season.

I would take Looch back every day of the week. sigh...but he is not coming back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad