Post-Game Talk: Game 20: BRUINS win a shootout in Toronto - win a shootout?????

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Bruins win! vs Toronto

Rask #1 star in my book.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Brick totally nailed that goal by Krejci.

"Sure looks to me like a move where the thought process was....well what do I do with it now?" :laugh:

On a side note, I think Jack had some jetlag, he was fumbling all over himself tonight.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
2 points is 2 points.

One of the Leafs goal was offside. TSN crew pointed it out and it was fairly obvious. Too bad no one in the bruins office noticed..

Bruins defensive ineptude really showed tonight. Moving the puck in breakouts seems to be a serious issue.

Rask was awesome tonight.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Surprised the Bruins win a SO, but Rask was amazing. That glove save at the end of OT was beyond great. And in the shootout, that was the Rask we know, the patient goaltender, that waits for the player to make the first move. He stole the Bruins this one.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Glad the Bz got two points. Could end up being clutch snagging that third win in a row down the stretch. Should be able to catch up to TB with their games in hand.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What a game by Rask, holy ...... he was good tonight.
Marchand was on fire too.

Still though can't believe that the shots were 42-29 for the Leafs.
Ugly ugly win.

Bruins Currently the #1 Wild Card

We have still 5th most points in our division, 3 points more than the last.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I'd say #1: Marchand #2 Rask #3.......Ferraro?'

Edit: Actually, yes. I thought our 4th line was legit tonight. Major props to Landon for stepping into his role quickly and effectively.

Would say Rask #1...but Marchand certainly #2......Marchy was the energy tonight...like a lot of nights

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Well folks - next time you whine about Rask never stealing us a game I will gladly show you this tape (and the game against Florida and Detroit).

Pretty sure the only reason he wasn't excellent in the second was getting clocked by a puck to the helmet. We had no business getting two points tonight.

Every single player minus Tuukka and Marchand need to be bag skated tomorrow good lord. That was atrocious. Defense was horrendous (Chara was unwatchable). Forwards couldn't enter the zone or maintain possession except Bergeron's line. The crease looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Thanks for the points, Tuuks. 42 shots against. Unacceptable.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I sure hope Sweeney can find help somewhere.But in todays interview he kept implying within.This team showed alot of pond hockey stuff tonite.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well folks - next time you whine about Rask never stealing us a game I will gladly show you this tape (and the game against Florida and Detroit).

Pretty sure the only reason he wasn't excellent in the second was getting clocked by a puck to the helmet. We had no business getting two points tonight.

Every single player minus Tuukka and Marchand need to be bag skated tomorrow good lord. That was atrocious. Defense was horrendous (Chara was unwatchable). Forwards couldn't enter the zone or maintain possession except Bergeron's line. The crease looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Thanks for the points, Tuuks. 42 shots against. Unacceptable.

I'm already nervous what the Rangers will do to us :laugh: :help:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
@SNstats: Per @behindthenet, #Leafs Nazem Kadri ranks 2nd in the NHL the season with 2.8 penalties drawn per 60 minutes

I think he was first last year...refs aren't learning he dives and embellishes..

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Watching Chara you can see that the knee is not 100 % and you can tell how much strength he has lost because of it. He is no longer the physical force on the ice he used to be...:(

I made this comment on facebook, I'd take Lucic and his contract right now over Balesky and what every he is making...:(

Does Spooner still play for the Bruins...:sarcasm:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Officiating was brutal. Both ways.

Good to come away with the win. Wouldn't want Mike Babcock and his band of emotionless robots to come away with it. He's teams are always anti-entertainment. Remember that scrappy Toronto team that made the playoffs and pushed the Bruins to seven games? That's what that city and organization needs IMO, especially if they're dressing a bunch of veterans who won't even be there for the turnaround. They're heading for another 8-14 overall selection. Good if you ask me.

I prefer Connolly to Hayes on the 2nd line.

Kemppainen is like the center version of Caron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad