Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GDT designed by @Alicat

full

full

full

full

Boston Bruins (12-5-2 26 points) vs Washington Capitals (12-5-4 28 points)
7:00pm ET

National TV:
NBCSN
John Forslund, Eddie Olczyk, Pierre McGuire

DcYQqfzWsAAPNie.jpg

Boston Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Washington Radio: WJFK

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Washington Capitals Twitter

full

Krejci Returns to Practice as B's Gear Up for Caps

Bruins Sign Curtis Hall To Entry Level Contract

Boston Bruins To Host 14th Annual PJ Drive

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
12 GP | 8-3-0-1 | .896 Sv% | 2.71 GAA

full

full

Vitek Vanecek

17 GP | 9-4-0-3 | .909 Sv% | 2.81 GAA

full

full

Thank You Zdeno!

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-3-3_14-38-58.png

Tonight's Officials

DM36.jpg
PL37.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36), Pierre Lambert (37)
Linesmen Ryan Daisy (81), Julien Fournier (56)

Supervisor Paul Devorski

upload_2021-3-3_14-41-57.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-42-33.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-43-4.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-43-37.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-44-16.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-44-44.png

upload_2021-3-3_14-45-33.png

TODAY’S GAME - The Bruins host the Capitals tonight in the 3rd of 8 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 4 to be played at TD Garden this year. - Zdeno Chara makes his return to the TD Garden as a member of another team for the first time since 2006.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Tuukka Rask is one win shy of his 300th NHL victory.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 44) - David Krejci – upper body - Matt Grzelcyk – lower body - Jeremy Lauzon – fractured hand - Ondrej Kase – upper body

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Capitals are meeting for the 166th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 79- 52-21-13 record and 531-467 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 36-27-12-8 vs. the Capitals lifetime on the road with a 258-247 scoring edge in those 83 contests. - The Bruins are 3-1-2 in their last 6 games vs. Washington following an 0-11-3 stretch in their previous 14 games from 10/11/2014-1/10/2019 ... They are 6-13-6 overall in their last 25 games of this lifetime series ... A 1-0 win in Washington on 2/3/2019 snapped an 0- 5-2 road winless streak and they are 3-6-5 in their last 14 road games vs. the Capitals. - The Capitals won the 1st game of this season’s series with a 4- 3 OT win in WSH on 1/30 ... Nick Ritchie, Brad Marchand and Charlie McAvoy scored the Boston goals with Tuukka Rask taking the point in net … The Bruins won the 2nd game of the season series, overcoming a 3 goal defecit to win 5-3 … David Pastrnak (2), Craig Smith, Brandon Carlo and Brad Marchand scored for the Bruins and Jaroslav Halak recorded the win in net.

source.gif

:bruins:caps

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Do we see Frederic vs Wilson Round 2 tonight?

I'll be interested to see if putting Studs at L4 goes with Kuraly and Wagner. Still wish we could have kept Frederic and Studnicak together as they seem to have good chemistry together and played together last year.

Of course the JDB watch will be on and if he can start to come to life. I was surprised (and not) that he and Wags had similar per/60 numbers in Shots, ixG iSCF & iHDCF over the last 5 games :(

Reactions: LouJersey and kjpm

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hi Big Z. ! I am sorry we fans are not there at the Garden to give you the standing ovation that you well deserve.

A win tonight (for the B's) would be nice. No injuries...no COVID19.

Keep your heads up with Wilson out there.

Hey Steve, I hope the b's win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Do we see Frederic vs Wilson Round 2 tonight?

I'll be interested to see if putting Studs at L4 goes with Kuraly and Wagner. Still wish we could have kept Frederic and Studnicak together as they seem to have good chemistry together and played together last year.

Of course the JDB watch will be on and if he can start to come to life. I was surprised (and not) that he and Wags had similar per/60 numbers in Shots, ixG iSCF & iHDCF over the last 5 games :(

Would love to see Freddy tee off on the faux tough guy Garnett Hathaway. He's such a chump.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This right here... I wish I could go back In time and warn 8 year old me not to get attached to the whale

Even though I wasn't a fan I was angry/sad when they moved to North Carolina. Karmanos still ranks high on my public enemies list.

First hockey jersey I ever bought was a Whalers jersey, right there in the Civic Center mall where they played. Still the best logo and colors in professional sports.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Even though I wasn't a fan I was angry/sad when they moved to North Carolina. Karmanos still ranks high on my public enemies list.

First hockey jersey I ever bought was a Whalers jersey, right there in the Civic Center mall where they played. Still the best logo and colors in professional sports.
blame your corrupt leadership at the state level @BMC, that's not on Karmanos or Dundon....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I have to bite on this. What's the story here?
for those that may not know the Whalers history.... the state of Connecticut and its RDA (Regional Development Authority);

now when the now XL Center HAD ITS ISSUES with the collapsed roof.... the Whalers went to Springfield until the building was retrofitted back to present day...

the age of the building has become an issue, among other things in recent years..... much like the Islanders struggles to vacate the Nassau Coliseum for that ill fated shift toward Brooklyn and Barclays.

this is why Nassau is being left for the new facility adjacent to Belmont Park (UBS Arena).....

Karmanos kept waiting on the state to grant him an arena or a replacement for XL, WHICH never happened.....

it's why XL Remains as the Rangers affiliate and the Hartford home arena.....

as the years went by... and the Whalers became Carolina, first in Greensboro, then Raleigh, turns out Karmanos was right... would there be NHL in Hartford today had he got what Karmanos requested from the state.... we'll never truly know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad