romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
1701107971984.png

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Nice.... Is there any way to watch hockey in 4k these days? Last time I checked, msg+ and most broadcasts were just upsampled 720p streams.
Great question. Not to my knowledge. Is that the case with TNT / ESPN? For some reason, their feeds always seem cleaner.

Hard to believe Jeff Skinner is only 31, feels like he has been around forever.
And still the same low-key dirty, diving wimp he was at 18.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Nice.... Is there any way to watch hockey in 4k these days? Last time I checked, msg+ and most broadcasts were just upsampled 720p streams.
I think Colorado and NESN from DirectTV are the only 4K options. Sad, going into 2024, a fast paced game like hockey is not in 4K yet.

I dont know if its a bandwidth issue or a cost of entry issue.... or both

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The galaxy brain bs of Fox to PP2 just solidifies how out to lunch some of this fanbase is. Incredible. Greatest PP QB in Rangers history other than Brian Leetch and we want to slide him onto PP2 for a journeyman defenseman. You can't make this up. You can't.

I think Colorado and NESN from DirectTV are the only 4K options. Sad, going into 2024, a fast paced game like hockey is not in 4K yet.

Colorado plays so fast that they had no choice but to upgrade to 4k.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The galaxy brain bs of Fox to PP2 just solidifies how out to lunch some of this fanbase is. Incredible. Greatest PP QB in Rangers history other than Brian Leetch and we want to slide him onto PP2 for a journeyman defenseman. You can't make this up. You can't.

Colorado plays so fast that they had no choice but to upgrade to 4k.
LOL Who is calling for Fox on PP2?

I'm all for pulling the goalie and getting Laffy on PP1 though

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think having 2 PP units that can score is what makes you a contender...that's some weird overythinking stuff.

Most teams (including contenders!) run 1 unit that's loaded up and gets most of the icetime, the 2nd unit is the best of what's left and is mop up duty and often is at a disadvantage to start with as they come on during an on the fly line change and have to spend time gaining the zone and setup and then have like 20 seconds to work with.

I'd even consider the idea of "leave PP1 as it is since it's working" a better argument than bringing in "2 power play units clicking makes you a contender" which is just a weird thought

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Re: PP2 we actually have the personnel for a proper unit but it seems like we aren't putting it together with any thought. Gus is a lefty (as is his current fill-in Miller) so Wheeler (prolific PP playmaker in Winnipeg) can be the playmaker on the left with Lafreniere as the shooting/secondary playmaker on the right. 2 of Chytil/Kakko/Cuylle/Vesey can fill in the bumper and net front positions, all are lefties so can play the bumper as we run the unit from the left wall.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It won't happen, Fox will be back on pp1, but the I can see the argument that right now we have 1:30 to score a powerplay goal, and Fox (or better!) on pp2 would push that opp to a full 2 minutes. When you see PP2's limited action, they appear to be pressured at twice the rate of PP1. Fox would alleviate that pressure for sure.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Re: PP2 we actually have the personnel for a proper unit but it seems like we aren't putting it together with any thought. Gus is a lefty (as is his current fill-in Miller) so Wheeler (prolific PP playmaker in Winnipeg) can be the playmaker on the left with Lafreniere as the shooting/secondary playmaker on the right. 2 of Chytil/Kakko/Cuylle/Vesey can fill in the bumper and net front positions, all are lefties so can play the bumper as we run the unit from the left wall.
Laf ran a lot of PP from half-wall with Rimouski. He should be set up on strong side, whereas Wheeler did same in WPG but on right half-wall. Bumper Kakko, net-front Cuylle.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It'd probably destroy his confidence but I'd take one of Kakko or Cuylle off the 2nd unit.... both should be netfront/in the slot. Kakko on the wall has turned into a fat 0 on the PP. Put Jones in for one of them. Have the other one go to the bumper/net front with Wheeler.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

I think 4k is going to be a tough tech problem to solve with our current compression/bandwidth options.

I also want more frames per second. Currently the broadcasts are sub 30 frames per second.

Watching hockey at 60hz should make the picture much cleaner and easier to follow. Even more so than 4k (imo).

Reactions: duhmetreE

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Laf ran a lot of PP from half-wall with Rimouski. He should be set up on strong side, whereas Wheeler did same in WPG but on right half-wall. Bumper Kakko, net-front Cuylle.
Wheeler on the right and Laf on the left leaves us completely sticks out which I generally don't like as it's difficult to get quick shots off. Especially on a secondary unit that has less amount of time.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
It'd probably destroy his confidence but I'd take one of Kakko or Cuylle off the 2nd unit.... both should be netfront/in the slot. Kakko on the wall has turned into a fat 0 on the PP. Put Jones in for one of them. Have the other one go to the bumper/net front with Wheeler.
Having Wheeler mucking it up in the middle has struck me as a waste since game 1. Yes he's slower than in his prime but I don't see how that drastically affects his ability to run a PP

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Kakko ain’t got no confidence to “destroy”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad