GDT: Game 20: 11/27, New York Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think 4k is going to be a tough tech problem to solve with our current compression/bandwidth options.

I also want more frames per second. Currently the broadcasts are sub 30 frames per second.

Watching hockey at 60hz should make the picture much cleaner and easier to follow. Even more so than 4k (imo).
I know they have the bandwidth.

YouTube and Twitch have no problem getting 60fps live. 4k might be a bit much for a live broadcast

I think most are 60fps though currently … i could be wrong though

Last edited:

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
That's accurate, yes, but they're also not nuggets.

That's a take I see a lot and it's a bad take.

Boneless wings and nuggets are made in a radically different way and they're not even the same part of the bird.
correct. nuggets are ground up chicken that are breaded and deep fried. boneless wings are whole chicken. boneless wings are more like mini chicken tenders.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Like what will easing him back in do? He's been skating two weeks now. He's ready. You're not unseating the franchise's second best PP QB for a journeyman on a 1 year deal. Absolute crackpot mentality. No offense haha.
If anything, leave him off the PK.

But the PP was converting just as well with Fox. Even if it wasn’t, he’s still Adam Fox. Silly take IMO

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I've been happy enough with Lindgren-Gus as a pairing that I've played around in my head with ways to keep them together, but there's no way to do it without having one of Trouba or Miller end up on the third pairing.

But for me you've got to play Gus more than 15 minutes a game with how good he fits in this system.

If I was Laviolette, I'd consider occasionally giving Gus an extra shift or two on offensive zone draws with Fox, especially when we are down a goal or two.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I've been happy enough with Lindgren-Gus as a pairing that I've played around in my head with ways to keep them together, but there's no way to do it without having one of Trouba or Miller end up on the third pairing.

But for me you've got to play Gus more than 15 minutes a game with how good he fits in this system.

If I was Laviolette, I'd consider occasionally giving Gus an extra shift or two on offensive zone draws with Fox, especially when we are down a goal or two.
Its kinda like having a Leetch/Zubov situation....a great situation.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
14 pts in 19 games. You don't want him over-producing and getting priced out of re-signing him. It's a double-edged sabre sword.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017

I believe we did that with Fox/Gus early in the season when we needed to score.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
14 pts in 19 games. You don't want him over-producing and getting priced out of re-signing him. It's a double-edged sabre sword.
Unless he really falls back to down earth, I don't see any scenario where we re-sign him. He will get a few million on the market for a few years. He will be looking for his big paycheck in the offseason, likely his last one at 32 years old.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Unless he really falls back to down earth, I don't see any scenario where we re-sign him. He will get a few million on the market for a few years. He will be looking for his big paycheck in the offseason, likely his last one at 32 years old.
If you cut his minutes, he will.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

I love Lindgren and Gus is just a merc at this point but if I compare a top-4 of
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
with
Miller-Fox
Gustafsson-Trouba
I can't help liking the second option significantly more.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah this is just galaxy brain at its finest.

PP1 is better with Fox on it. When he's healthy, he goes back on it.

Why try to "strengthen" a unit that is barely going to see ice time when they're up 5v4?

Dropping Gus back to PP2 will be just fine.

More Galaxy brain shit from me. The top D-pairing has been good, what if we leave Gus there and have the best 3rd paring D pair in history feast on the bottom of teams' rosters?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I like our chances this game. I’m much nore worried about next game, assuming it’s fox’s first game back. I assume he’ll be extremely rusty and make some really poor plays that lead to goals.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
More Galaxy brain shit from me. The top D-pairing has been good, what if we leave Gus there and have the best 3rd paring D pair in history feast on the bottom of teams' rosters?
You want Schneider playing the left side, or Fox playing the left side? This is probably another statement on how important Gus is. He's a lefty playing the right side to allow Lindgren to be on his natural side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma