Post-Game Talk: Game 20: 11/22/2014 Florida vs. YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS 7 PM @ Bridgestone Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masta Class

Oct 30, 2014
the ville
If you lose, you didn't dominate ...
So according to you..

Team A outshoot's Team B 100-1.
Team B scores on a clear, puck takes a wild bounce and skips into the net.
Team B wins 1-0
Team A controls the play all night long, couldn't score, ran into a hot goalie who made ridiculous save after ridiculous save.

So you're telling me Team A didn't dominate that game because they lost? Just like I said in my other post.. If this would of been us giving up 50 shots against you wouldn't of said the other team "allowed us to stick around", you would of said Pekka kept us in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
A better representation of what most are trying to say here is that we were dominating the play, which we did. A team can dominate the play and still not win. It happens all the time.

Yup, Exactly. Happens all the damn time. How many times have we seen in the past where WE got dominated, only to steal a win cause of Rinne?!

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
So according to you..

Team A outshoot's Team B 100-1.
Team B scores on a clear, puck takes a wild bounce and skips into the net.
Team B wins 1-0
Team A controls the play all night long, couldn't score, ran into a hot goalie who made ridiculous save after ridiculous save.

So you're telling me Team A didn't dominate that game because they lost? Just like I said in my other post.. If this would of been us giving up 50 shots against you wouldn't of said the other team "allowed us to stick around", you would of said Pekka kept us in the game.

Going by his comments Its like he's saying if you dominate, you 100% must win (in regulation) for it to actually be considered a "dominant" performance. That doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So there wasn't domination ... there were stretches of control. If you don't dominate what matters, you haven't dominated. Scoring matters, keeping the other team off the board matters ... we didn't do enough of the first and failed miserably at the latter in the final minute.

Oh ... but Luongo. Oh ... but Lehner. Oh ... but Pavelec ... or Allen .... or Crawford. :shakehead

It's never our forwards. It's never our d-men. It's never our #1 goalie. At least not by HF logic.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Preds dominated the Panthers last night.

Luongo dominated play.

We sucked for a 30 second span of the game.

We were the better team last night.

We dominated.

Now against Ottawa that's a different story. Dominated two periods. Got dominated in one period. Unfortunately they scored three on us. Overall we still played better but we didn't dominate.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Preds dominated the Panthers last night.

Luongo dominated play.

We sucked for a 30 second span of the game.

We were the better team last night.

We dominated.

Now against Ottawa that's a different story. Dominated two periods. Got dominated in one period. Unfortunately they scored three on us. Overall we still played better but we didn't dominate.

So then we didn't dominate the game ... stretches, maybe. Your own words concede it.

The conflicting domination claims are interesting ... either Luongo dominated, or the Preds did.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So there wasn't domination ... there were stretches of control. If you don't dominate what matters, you haven't dominated. Scoring matters, keeping the other team off the board matters ... we didn't do enough of the first and failed miserably at the latter in the final minute.

Oh ... but Luongo. Oh ... but Lehner. Oh ... but Pavelec ... or Allen .... or Crawford. :shakehead

It's never our forwards. It's never our d-men. It's never our #1 goalie. At least not by HF logic.

ok, so there was 59 minutes and 17 seconds of control in regulation with 45 shots on net that only saw 2 go in compared to the Panthers 30 shots on net including their 2 goals. That was followed by 5 full minutes of control in OT with 5 shots on net compared to ZERO by the Panthers. I don't know how you can not call having control for all but a 20 second chaos domination.

Also what I don't get is had roles been reversed and we come back to tie that after being out shot 45-30 and being down 2-0 with a minute to go, you would have said Pekka stole us the chance to win that game. But when another goalie does this, we are just making excuses. :shakehead

Other than the obvious PP issue (particularly the 5 on 3 from last night) which everyone knows about, I am not sure what else this team could have done last night other than Pekka not playing the puck as that last goal was 90% on him not being ready for the shot.

BTW The coaches went as far as to call last night the most consistent game yet this season.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh boy, I love arguments of semantics.

We controlled the play. Luongo stood on his head. We got the W in the end. Nothing else matters to me except that W.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
So then we didn't dominate the game ... stretches, maybe. Your own words concede it.

The conflicting domination claims are interesting ... either Luongo dominated, or the Preds did.

Both are possible. You, as a Preds fan, should know as good as anybody what getting dominated in possession and flow of the game but still winning due to a goaltender standing on his head looks like.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Some people are always going to be negative.

It's good to see the coaches aren't blind to the effort the Preds had last night.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
ok, so there was 59 minutes and 17 seconds of control in regulation with 45 shots on net that only saw 2 go in compared to the Panthers 30 shots on net including their 2 goals. That was followed by 5 full minutes of control in OT with 5 shots on net compared to ZERO by the Panthers. I don't know how you can not call having control for all but a 20 second chaos domination.

Also what I don't get is had roles been reversed and we come back to tie that after being out shot 45-30 and being down 2-0 with a minute to go, you would have said Pekka stole us the chance to win that game. But when another goalie does this, we are just making excuses. :shakehead

Other than the obvious PP issue (particularly the 5 on 3 from last night) which everyone knows about, I am not sure what else this team could have done last night other than Pekka not playing the puck as that last goal was 90% on him not being ready for the shot.

BTW The coaches went as far as to call last night the most consistent game yet this season.

So everything a Preds coach says in public is gospel? That is a 180 degree change.

If one is dominated, they cannot take control. It's the simple thing that nobody has answered ... if we truly dominated them as claimed how could they possibly tie the game? The actions disprove the claims here.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
So everything a Preds coach says in public is gospel? That is a 180 degree change.

If one is dominated, they cannot take control. It's the simple thing that nobody has answered ... if we truly dominated them as claimed how could they possibly tie the game? The actions disprove the claims here.

He is also our first head coach that has a cup on his resume, and another finals appearance. Which is a complete 180

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If we dominated in regulation, the game wouldn't go to OT. If we dominated in OT, the game wouldn't go to a shootout. Domination doesn't result in two goals against in the span of twelve seconds..

You cannot be serious with this- come on, just admit that you are intentionally posting this stuff just to mess with everyone....

So you are saying that a team can't dominate (or outplay, control, whatever you want to call it so as to not play your semantics game) in a 5 minute overtime period unless they win?? So if we had 20 shots on goal in the OT and hit 5 posts and didn't score, that's not dominating????

And yes, you absolutely can completely outplay and DOMINATE a game and still give up 2 fluke goals in a matter of seconds.

C'mon man, you know good and well what everyone in this thread (except you) is trying to say about the game- the Predators were by far the better team on the ice- period.

But seriously, you are just messing with us with these posts, right???:)

So glad to see another game day thread completely derailed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad