Jan 2, 2005
Star Tally
3 Walman
2 Husso
1 Sprong

Spacegoat Tally
-2 Petry
-1 Perron

Name your 3 stars and 1 scapegoat for the game. All redwings please.

3 Stars
1. Player - comments if you like
2. Player - comments if you like
3. Player - comments if you like

Spacegoat
Player - comments if you like

Post game thoughts if you like. Be cool if we could use this as post game talk as well as 3 star collection. Just start your post with your ranking for easy data capture. Please.

HMs could be useful for tie breaks but whatever you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsDeking

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Huge W

Debrincat
Raymond
Larkin

First line gets the props tonight, loved their game

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I really wish they’d make Seider focus on the defensive side. /s

In all seriousness, these first two games have been a fun watch. Only 2 games in but I feel confident saying this is a team that can bring it against any team in the league on any given night. We may not even make the playoffs, but that’s something. I think it signals a shift that the active rebuilding phase is over, and the competing phase has begun. So excited to see how this team develops over the next few seasons.

Edit: Debrincat, Larkin, and Seider my 3 stars. Which is exactly who we need to be the best players.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
1. Debrincat - the whole first line but DBC puts it in the net. Twice.

2. Raymond - Guy had pop tonight. If he plays like that he can stay on first line all year. Plus puts buddy in the bench.

3. Larkin - just as good as the other 2. Maybe better. He’s gonna have a big year.

Spacegoat - Husso (4 goals on 20 shots) Not a bad game. Gotta shit on someone.

This team is gonna be fun to watch this year. Glad the era of suck might be over. Someone listed Petry as SG. I thought he had a good game.

Most aren’t listing SG. Tighten it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Larkin
DeBrincat
Seider

Whole team played well, though as others have mentioned Petry had a few bad giveaways, so I'll give him the spacegoat

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Larkin guud. Cat guud. Ray Ray guud. Honestly the forwards were all at least decent.

Playing 7 dmen, 3 of which are f'n NEW, plz stop.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
3 Stars

1. DBC—the two goals and putting this shoot first mentality out there.
2. Larkin—if he had even a single goal he’d be by my first star. He drove that first line and his speed was on display. Definitely a heart filled game for him and you could see it.
3. Raymond—great goal and played hard on the puck. Noticeably better than most of his games last year.

Spacegoat—Chiarot—this was a tough pick. Wanted to say Husso but the goals against weren’t entirely on him tonight. Chiarot was responsible for one of the earlier Tampa goals (can’t remember which) because he was pinching too much and out of position. Again, hard pick to make after a good win like that but dems da rules. I’ll have to watch a replay to see if it was Chiarot.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Great job by the offense, especially the first line. Fun to watch.

But I'm surprised anybody is blaming Husso, considering the umpteen stretch passes that the defense let right through for quality chances.

Yeah, the save percentage stinks. But he faced really good shots on really good chances. I'd much sooner nominate Petry for the trebuchet than Husso.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Woo!

Man I love early season games where teams' defensive schemes haven't yet choked the fun out of the game.

Honorable mention to Mick's joy from the Raymond hit into the bench.

Enjoyable night.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm surprised at the nominations for Husso as spacegoat. He seemed to struggle to freeze the puck tonight but he got beat on solid goals.

Reactions: 14ari13

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. DeBrincat - Two goals in his home debut, plus an assist. Quite a game the hometown kid had tonight!
2. Raymond - A beautiful goal, plus some stellar physical play. I have to give the kid a nod for putting a guy in the bench and telling him to take a seat!
3. Compher - A nice tip-in, plus an assist. He had a great night too.

Scapegoat:
Petry - Even though he also had a physical presence out there tonight, that physicality put him about a half step or so behind the play. He needs to be paired with someone a bit more defensively responsible if the coaches expect to make him work, IMO.

Honorable mention:
Veleno - You can tell the kid is out there trying his best. He does look better this season so far, I just hope it translates into more scoring for the guy.
Husso - Yeah, the guy let in a bucket of goals on a small sampling of shots, which really isn't a good look after last season, but those were some solid goals he gave up, none of which I feel were his fault.

Overall, I thought we played a good game. I love the team's shoot-first mentality and their physicality so far this year, but I think we need to see the team also be more defensively responsible. We can't leave our goalies out to dry in the way we did tonight, especially when a team's best guys are on the ice.

Reactions: Sentinel
Oct 18, 2006
Unsung hero:Veleno, I thought he played really well tonight. He won his battles, kept the puck in the zone and played well defensively and created chances
I legit came here to post this. Might be one of his best all-around NHL games. 17+ minutes TOI and he just competed every second. Defensively great, offensively made things happen too. Really enjoyed his game. If he can play with that intensity every night he’s a big part of our future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad