Post-Game Talk: Game 2 vs TBL - 3 Stars

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1. Debrincat
2. Larkin
3. Husso

HM Seider, Veleno, Sprong, Raymond

Scapegoat Walman. Is Walman stupid or what? That 2 on 0 was an easy slam dunk.
Husso made great saves when the team needed it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
3 Stars

1. DBC—the two goals and putting this shoot first mentality out there.
2. Larkin—if he had even a single goal he’d be by my first star. He drove that first line and his speed was on display. Definitely a heart filled game for him and you could see it.
3. Raymond—great goal and played hard on the puck. Noticeably better than most of his games last year.

Spacegoat—Chiarot—this was a tough pick. Wanted to say Husso but the goals against weren’t entirely on him tonight. Chiarot was responsible for one of the earlier Tampa goals (can’t remember which) because he was pinching too much and out of position. Again, hard pick to make after a good win like that but dems da rules. I’ll have to watch a replay to see if it was Chiarot.
Bro this goal didn't happen.

He was won the ice for 2 goals (the hedman floater to make it 4-5 - definitely wasn't that they were in the d zone the whole time)
First goal - Chiarot passes it D to D to mattaa, Mattaa floated the puck into the tampa D from the blue line (Chiarot on the other side AT the blue line) and then Hagel - got behind mattaa and scored the goal. He never pinched. He didn't do anything wrong. His partner f***ed up and all you people want to do is blame him for not being psychic.

It's like a case study on irrational hatred.

Where's the pinch? Where's the awful play that led to a goal by Chiarot?

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Bro this goal didn't happen.

He was won the ice for 2 goals (the hedman floater to make it 4-5 - definitely wasn't that they were in the d zone the whole time)
First goal - Chiarot passes it D to D to mattaa, Mattaa floated the puck into the tampa D from the blue line (Chiarot on the other side AT the blue line) and then Hagel - got behind mattaa and scored the goal. He never pinched. He didn't do anything wrong. His partner f***ed up and all you people want to do is blame him for not being psychic.

It's like a case study on irrational hatred.

Where's the pinch? Where's the awful play that led to a goal by Chiarot?

Yeah, like I said I couldn’t remember if it was Chiarot.

Edit: appreciate you posting the highlights. Looks like what I was misremembering was the last Stamkos goal where Petry was up and on Mo’s side but even that didn’t look as bad as I remembered. Either way, I know the play you’re talking about above and didn’t have any problem with Chiarot on the Maata goal.

I don’t think any of my posts have shown any irrational hatred of Chiarot.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah, like I said I couldn’t remember if it was Chiarot.

Edit: appreciate you posting the highlights. Looks like what I was misremembering was the last Stamkos goal where Petry was up and on Mo’s side but even that didn’t look as bad as I remembered. Either way, I know the play you’re talking about above and didn’t have any problem with Chiarot on the Maata goal.

I don’t think any of my posts have shown any irrational hatred of Chiarot.
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be an indictment on your post history, it's more about attitudes about him as a whole after 2 games.
I don't think Chiarot has been great by any means but he certainly hasn't been as bad as people want to make him out to be. He hasn't been bench worthy bad, if anything the two weakest links have been Ghost and Petry, I think Maatta struggled more than both Holl and Chiarot last night but I'm more forgiving that it was his first game playing with a bunch of new people in a rotation and not indicative of his play every night.

I don't want to be a Chiarot stan I just hate seeing reality being warped in the form of confirmation bias. If he f***s up, and he will and does it plenty, it's earned and I feel he f***s up enough that we don't need to create scenarios where he f***ed up when he didn't. I appreciate your response.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be an indictment on your post history, it's more about attitudes about him as a whole after 2 games.
I don't think Chiarot has been great by any means but he certainly hasn't been as bad as people want to make him out to be. He hasn't been bench worthy bad, if anything the two weakest links have been Ghost and Petry, I think Maatta struggled more than both Holl and Chiarot last night but I'm more forgiving that it was his first game playing with a bunch of new people in a rotation and not indicative of his play every night.

I don't want to be a Chiarot stan I just hate seeing reality being warped in the form of confirmation bias. If he f***s up, and he will and does it plenty, it's earned and I feel he f***s up enough that we don't need to create scenarios where he f***ed up when he didn't. I appreciate your response.
I feel you and I think we’re on the same page.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Tonight’s result (win)

4 Debrincat
3 Larkin
2 Raymond
1 Compher

-1 Petry

Our running tally.

Star Tally
4 Debrincat
3 Walman
3 Larkin
2 Husso
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher

Spacegoat Tally
-3 Petry
-1 Perron

Thoughts…

- Just watched the excellent Awood highlight package. We could have had 10 goals. What a fun game.

- 6 of our 9 goals on the year are from new additions

- glad Husso wasnt the sg. Solid.

Last edited:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Czarnik going on the road trip. Really hoping for no more 11-7 but I may be overreacting a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad