Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I’ve never seen players interact that much while in the box. Didn’t see what the fellow in yellow did to Jeannot, but that was apparently the start. Weird exchanges.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
You’re not wrong, but like. Where does it end? They are literally allowed to get away with murder. But McCabe gets called for getting rid of Perry after he snows the goalie?

It’s legitimately embarrassing for the league.

And they call Knies for those plays yet they are allowed to crosscheck from behind all game

Reactions: LivingRentFree

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto better this season.
Tampa not the team they were.
Missing Hedman.

I'd consider Toronto the favorite, especially with the distraction of Bunting suspended.
I suppose we'll agree to disagree. Tampa favourites in my opinion. Leafs are also called out for their lousy goaltending, defense and lack of depth. I suppose that factors into my decision. Along with who in the f*** would actually think the Leafs will win a round?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Oh yeah. Leafs definitely better than the Cup finalists the last 3 years and twice winners. Wtf?
What does Tampa's cup wins from 2 and 3 years ago have anything to do with now??? Their team personnel have changed and they aren't as good. Bottom line is that Toronto was better than them THIS year!

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Toronto better this season.
Tampa not the team they were.
Missing Hedman.

I'd consider Toronto the favorite, especially with the distraction of Bunting suspended.

This x100

Dude is a clown, you put it best. He's a distraction. Provides nothing of quality offensively or defensively, just annoying for both teams.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
66a43481a71e5d1097d9aae0823d9b72_w200.gif

View attachment 692982

They should be tougher... Looks like Cirelli is feeling it too.

Not built for a hard-hitting team like the Leafs

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What does Tampa's cup wins from 2 and 3 years ago have anything to do with now??? Their team personnel have changed and they aren't as good. Bottom line is that Toronto was better than them THIS year!
Yeah in the regular season. Regular season doesn't matter. Leafs are always known as a soft regular season team. Tampa's lineup is littered with multiple cup champions.

It's like upside down world all of a sudden.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
And they call Knies for those plays yet they are allowed to crosscheck from behind all game
Like I said, refs give certain teams the veteran play leeway. Suter gets away with stickwork that Woll or Gudas won't. Both calls on Knies should be called, it's just the lack of consistency which sucks.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Like I said, refs give certain teams the veteran play leeway. Suter gets away with stickwork that Woll or Gudas won't. Both calls on Knies should be called, it's just the lack of consistency which sucks.

Lol well if both calls of Knies should've been called then we should've had 10 more powerplays, A.KA we shouldn't have

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
Yeah in the regular season. Regular season doesn't matter. Leafs are always known as a soft regular season team. Tampa's lineup is littered with multiple cup champions.

It's like upside down world all of a sudden.
The leafs added Oreilly, Lafferty, Schenn, and Acciari at the deadline... Clearly there is a big difference with the current roster.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Lol well if both calls of Knies should've been called then we should've had 10 more powerplays, A.KA we shouldn't have
I don't think the AKA follows, it's a non sequitur. More calls should be made, based on the rulebook, almost every game. Slashing the hands or even touching them with the stick is called often, just not consistently. As a Panthers fan, for example, I've seen Swaggy get called for that same play at least 5 times this year. Is it a penalty, yes. Do the refs call it 50 percent of the time, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad