Post-Game Talk: Game 2 | Stars @ Avs | Salvation Achieved

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
"My guy is over there! Someone cover my guy!"

"Nick, have you heard my nickname is Goofy and yours is Pluto? Actually it may be the other way around, pending a vote. Woops, as we were talking, the Bruins scored a pair!"

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Rantanen is going to be something else. Being able to create 3-4 solid scoring chances on a 3rd line that is seeing limited ice-time (8:39 - 2nd lowest on team after Rendulic) isn't something that I would consider "normal".

It's the right call to put him there though for now and get him used to the speed of the game gradually. I do believe that the plan is that he eventually ends up with Duchene. Comeau is fine on that line until he's ready. I'm going to say by game #25, Rantanen will be ready though it may happen even sooner.

I understand the idea behind putting Rendulic in against certain teams and the fact that he gives us another physical element but apart from 2-3 hits per game (if that), he doesn't bring much else at this point. I think that he needs to be sent down and either Grigorenko or Everberg be put in his spot. It worked out well in the end against Dallas but there are some nights where your 3rd line is going to be needed to play 12-14 minutes and not broken apart and mixed in with some of the 4th line guys.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Rantanen is going to be something else. Being able to create 3-4 solid scoring chances on a 3rd line that is seeing limited ice-time (8:39 - 2nd lowest on team after Rendulic) isn't something that I would consider "normal".

It's the right call to put him there though for now and get him used to the speed of the game gradually. I do believe that the plan is that he eventually ends up with Duchene. Comeau is fine on that line until he's ready. I'm going to say by game #25, Rantanen will be ready though it may happen even sooner.

I understand the idea behind putting Rendulic in against certain teams and the fact that he gives us another physical element but apart from 2-3 hits per game (if that), he doesn't bring much else at this point. I think that he needs to be sent down and either Grigorenko or Everberg be put in his spot. It worked out well in the end against Dallas but there are some nights where your 3rd line is going to be needed to play 12-14 minutes and not broken apart and mixed in with some of the 4th line guys.

Absolutely bang on. I cant believe im even saying this but I hope Roy doesnt touch that 4th line. The 4th line is as perfect the way it is. Jack Skille is just so damn awesome on that line. I cant get over how tenacious he is on the puck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After 20+ games I'd be ok with it, but I really like the progress we saw out of that Rantanen-Soderberg duo in the Dallas match; as they think the game on a similar level, meaning Mikko doesn't have to do much adapting on the ice like he will when he's played with Duchene.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad