GDT: Game 2: Stars @ Avs | October 10th, 7PM MT/4AM Finnish | Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Also our goal song isn't that bad when you hear they have the Avalanche warning horns in their with it.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Beauchemin on pace for 205 points, $21 951 / point. But according to Ducks fans he'll score 0 points/game starting in December, and regress from there.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What are those white "strings" that MacK and Lando have falling down their jerseys on the front?

CRAr2maVAAAfYkS.jpg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Gotta say that unlike Thursday night's game, the Avs were the fresher team in the 3rd - and generally all game. I thought Dallas started to poop out a half way though the 2nd. Very impressed with the Av's effort tonight. Definitely looser tonight. Soderberg (as well as Landeskog) looked a lot better tonight. Nice to see the power play click for a change. Good job boys!

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I can't wait until Duchene starts producing and guenin is scratched. It will be a fun season. I like the 4th mine a lot, not only is it able to clear the zone it also can sustain some offensive zone pressure.

Johnson has been a beast the first two games (obviously lando and Mack as well). Ej has picked up where he left off before injury last year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
What a turn around. Gotta be honest I didn't see that coming.

Mack is and will be the number one center going forward. Love that he's learning how to play on the PK. Hope Duchene can get it going soon, they'll be tough to beat.

I hope the issues that they had in the first period get better still. It's a work in progress but atleast they're scoring. Last year was brutal to watch.

Go AVS!

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I can't wait until Duchene starts producing and guenin is scratched. It will be a fun season. I like the 4th mine a lot, not only is it able to clear the zone it also can sustain some offensive zone pressure.

Yeah, I was very impressed by their opening shift at the start of the 2nd period. Roy made a good choice on that one ;).

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Gotta love that 4th line. Been really impressive.

I wanted to demote McLeod before the season began. But I have to admit the posters that argued McLeod's line mates would make him better were right. At least so far. Good call.

That 4th line has produced two goals in two nights. Mitchell fits really well.

Zadorov. Rapidly becoming my favorite player. No one is going to want to mess with him. No one.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Just back from the game. Was watch Guenin closely and good lord this guy is worst live than on TV. Very slow footwork and almost always out of position. I know, what is new with anything I said. He is simply a momentum killer.

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Comeau and Zadarov. Great pickups by the Avs with those two. Landeskog? Complete stud tonight. Love his game and passion.

A bit worried about Duchene though as he is gripping the stick pretty tight. Would love to see Grigs on his wing.

Overall, nice comeback win despite Guenin. I have been a fan of the Avs for over 18 years, and he is by far the worst EVER!

Also VERY impressed with EJ. He so solid in all 3 zones. Glad Blues fans are happy with Shats, but we are lucky to have Johnson for sure.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Mackinnon so unlucky, ringing one off the post with around 6 minutes left in the 2nd (would’ve been a 4 point night had that gone in). Barrie looks a lot more noticeable in this game than against the Wild.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Mackinnon so unlucky, ringing one off the post with around 6 minutes left in the 2nd (would’ve been a 4 point night had that gone in). Barrie looks a lot more noticeable in this game than against the Wild.

Yip. Mack was flying too. Great chemistry with Lando and he is looking like he will have a very big bounce back year.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just back from the game. Was watch Guenin closely and good lord this guy is worst live than on TV. Very slow footwork and almost always out of position. I know, what is new with anything I said. He is simply a momentum killer.

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Comeau and Zadarov. Great pickups by the Avs with those two. Landeskog? Complete stud tonight. Love his game and passion.

A bit worried about Duchene though as he is gripping the stick pretty tight. Would love to see Grigs on his wing.

Overall, nice comeback win despite Guenin. I have been a fan of the Avs for over 18 years, and he is by far the worst EVER!

Also VERY impressed with EJ. He so solid in all 3 zones. Glad Blues fans are happy with Shats, but we are lucky to have Johnson for sure.

Never thought anyone could be worse than Trepanier or Clark but Guenin and Holden are definitely horrible.

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
I've always felt Landeskog and MacKinnon belong on a line together. Playing with Landeskog has always been hugely helpful to MacKinnon. But now, it seems like MacKinnon's starting to cash in on his massive talent and can more than reciprocate. It's starting to feel like this can be a transcendent pairing where they can each help each other achieve greatness.

This feels like these two are just getting started.

The fact that they were able to score in the first game, at least I felt, meant a lot in the bigger picture. With the exception of Duchene, the right guys have been scoring so far. Last year it would have been 2 or three goals at this point with Mitchell and a Iginla each having one apiece.

At least I'm more optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad