GDT: Game 2: Stars @ Avs | October 10th, 7PM MT/4AM Finnish | Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
After a, let's say disappointing first game the Avalanche are back on the ice against the Dallas Stars tonight at the Pepsi Center.

Colorado wants to avoid repeating last year's start and going 0-2-0 to start the season after a 5-4 loss against Minnesota on Thursday.

Dallas started the season strongly, with a convincing 3-0 victory over the Penguins.
Antti Niemi had a shutout and Mattias Janmark-Nylén scored his first NHL goal while leading the Stars to victory.

Will Patrick Roy ask for salvation after the game when he is going with the same team for the game, or will he be vindicated when the team plays a full 60 minute game and grab a much needed confidence boost?
Lots of question marks with the Avalanche coming into the game.

PLAYER PROFILES: #1 DEFENCEMEN

:avs
Nick "Nick" Holden

ImportantPaltryAnaconda.gif

:stars
John "sucked at Jokerit and I have no idea how he became this good" Klingberg

FlippantFocusedCattle.gif

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

uVQFHi9.jpg

Sources: Mike Heika and Mike Chambers

PROJECTED STARTING GOALTENDERS

Ud9PIAe.jpg

Source: The Daily Faceoff

POINTS LEADERS

7lJjokW.jpg

INJURIES and HEALTHY SCRATCHES

Stars
Campbell - Hand
Ritchie - Wrist
Oleksiak - Healthy
Nemeth - Healthy
Sceviour - Healthy

Avalanche
Winchester - Concussion
Gormley - Healthy
Stuart - Healthy
Grigorenko - Healthy

The Music

JUST GO AND GRAB A WIN!

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I would like to see all of the healthy scratches from the last game play.

I'd like to see a lot of things. The Northern Lights, the Grand Canyon, 10 million dollars in my bank account...sadly, we don't always get what we want.

And tonight is another of those nights. Let's just hope that Farrish matches the defensive pairings up better, or that Roy has it handled. You can't be trumpeting Beauchemin/EJ as your top pairing when you don't play them as a top pairing.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
I'd like to see a lot of things. The Northern Lights, the Grand Canyon, 10 million dollars in my bank account...sadly, we don't always get what we want.

And tonight is another of those nights. Let's just hope that Farrish matches the defensive pairings up better, or that Roy has it handled. You can't be trumpeting Beauchemin/EJ as your top pairing when you don't play them as a top pairing.
I've seen the Northern Lights and the Grand Canyon. They're pretty cool. The 10 million though, now that would be almost on par with an Avs win tonight.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I laughed way too much at those GIFs. Nice job!

none of the GIFs were mine so can't take credit.

Thanks!

Mike Heika, the beat writer for the Stars reported that the lines aren't 100%, but they practiced with these. Also the first goalie off was Niemi.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Northern lights are just like the super moon or fireworks. We just had some. You look at them for a bit, they look neat but you don't actually care and then you come back inside from the porch.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
duchene is at or over ppg against two western conf teams for his career. oilers (28 in 25) and dallas (26 in 24). stars are the only team which against duchene has scored double digit goals.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Northern lights are just like the super moon or fireworks. We just had some. You look at them for a bit, they look neat but you don't actually care and then you come back inside from the porch.

For someone from Kansas, who's never seen them (in person, pictures, on the other hand...), I still think it'd be cool to see once.

Hoping the fellas come out strong and hungry, like the first period of the home opener, I liked seeing their physicality.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
I truly believe the boys have it in them to come back strong tonight and play like they did during the first 2 periods against the wild.

Bold prediction: Rantanen tallies his first NHL point.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
This is why teams dump and chase every chance they have against Holden. He doesn't know how to defend against it, attempting to take an interference penalty instead.

Guenin is even slower, but same thing really.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'm still wincing in pain at the thought of watching another Avs game after Thursday night.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Don't really have anything positive to say, and everything negative has been beaten into the dead horse that is Roy's personnel decisions.

However, I'm wondering if Rants is supposed to be learning the LW position so that he can hopefully slot in next to Duchene. That's the only reason I can see him being given limited minutes on the left side instead of limited minutes on the right side..

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
duchene is at or over ppg against two western conf teams for his career. oilers (28 in 25) and dallas (26 in 24). stars are the only team which against duchene has scored double digit goals.

He usually plays well against them because the games open up and there's a lot of opportunity for quick breakouts. That used to be completely to our advantage but they have a lot of skill and speed up front now. Should be an exciting game to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad