Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Pens vs. Sens (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I agree, the Sens are going to come out hitting this game. Expect the early bombardent. if the sens fall down 0-2 they are going to have a hard time convincing themselves they have a chance.

Ray Shero*

A fan move that makes you want to stab your eyes out.

'Let's Go Pens!' manscaped out of chest and belly hair.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-14-at-8.04.03-PM-628x438.png
tumblr_mdamy8ul3p1qg71cno1_400.gif

Oh hey it's producer Tim!

I'm gonna miss Jay and Dan :(

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
i didn't see this Swedish language interview with Murray posted:

Dougie has now made three points, two goals and an assist on the opening seven matches in this year's playoffs...Maybe I can go up against Erik Karlsson. No, just kidding, says Murray.

But he has not forgotten their main role in the Penguins defense - to hold tightly back and kill penalties.

I was just trying to be strong on the puck to their forwards and stretched me out. With luck, I got up to Pascal says Dougie.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/pittsburghs-dromstart-i-kvartsfinalen-i-natt/

[please make allowances for the obvious inadequacy of Google Translate]

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Won't be able to watch Friday but gonna record it and try to watch it Saturday morning. Wonder if I can make it to then without it being spoiled...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Let's go Pens, win this home game and not make your lives miserable like you did against the Islanders. Take a 2-0 lead to Ottawa

HFBoards logic outside the Pens forum:

Before round 1 - The Isles are probably the only team in the East that could give the Pens problems with all that speed. They're not your usual 8 seed, they could definitely take that series. Pens probably pull it out anyway but it'll be closer than you'd expect.

After round 1 - LOLZ Pens are turrble, they lost two games to the Islanders. The 8th seeded ISLANDERS! They're going nowhere!

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Before round 1 - The Isles are probably the only team in the East that could give the Pens problems with all that speed. They're not your usual 8 seed, they could definitely take that series. Pens probably pull it out anyway but it'll be closer than you'd expect.

After round 1 - LOLZ Pens are turrble, they lost two games to the Islanders. The 8th seeded ISLANDERS! They're going nowhere!

Ya I don't worry much about it. I understand the fans are passionate and sometimes say dumb things, happens to me as well when I'm ****ing pissed off. Being a Pens fan I guess

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
It's was pretty clear in that game that Sens got no tools to win this. They can hang around for a while 5 vs 5 but they can't win this series without some goalie controversy.

EDDIE20*

I wonder if Alfie will wear his snazzy John McEnroe-style headband and barrettes next game.

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
Pointless to complain about but I hate the two day wait in between games. LA/SJ plays again tomorrow, it sucks that we have to wait an extra day. And should this series go the distance that's going to happen twice. Blah.

It is going to happen twice no matter how long the series is.

Between games 1 and 2 and between games 3 and 4.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Analysts been talking about our problems as well...and that's exactly how I want it. If we swept the isles , had no problem at all...they would be saying the cup is ours. Which usually backfires. Saw that last year.

So to have this much talent...and basically have a lot not believe you can go all the way ? **** I'll take it. Most Players listen to the media...they read the comments. No matter how much they tell you they don't.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Was this all just for TV? There's no event at consol tonight.

I think that it is because Ottawa is the only Canadian team left, so it is more about wanting our series certain nights. I thought that I heard someone mention something like that. But yes, I am sure that it is all about television.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
any team would have a very hard time against a team like the islanders with their speed. again, if they would have had a hot goalie, the pens may not even be playing still.

ottawa can't play that game. they have also had a difficult time scoring with a couple of exceptions prior to this series. i think scoring will be their focus as well as trying to tighten up in their own end.

penalties may be the key in this series. i'm not sure ottawa can play disciplined. a big part of their game has been intimidation. although this is pretty much a must win for them, i really don't see them changing in a big way. their focus will be to attempt to get the guys off their game. it wont work but i think they are going to be going after crosby and malkin and neal.

i think it's going to be rough and the guys have to stay focused and disciplined. that said, i wouldn't mind seeing a couple of their goons put through the glass :naughty:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad