Post-Game Talk: Game 2 .... Oh boy. (Mod Warning #5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
+ Crosby hasn't played anywhere close to his top level

- Boston knows how to gameplan and keep him from it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dan "we didn't get to our game, and I'm not going to say how we're going to get to it" Byslma

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Structure. That is the word Milbury just used. The B's have it. We don't as I said before.

No way we win without structure.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
In response....
Crosby shouldn't have made that mistake. What the **** was he doing trying to tap a bouncing puck across. If he just stopped it and swung it around the boards on his backhand, we wouldn't have had this problem.

It was a really bad giveaway.

Beyond that....
I think my keyboard doesn't have enough minuses for me to really show how I felt about this game.

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
+ Cooke and Murray

- every other player and coach associated with this team.

Embarrassing.

I want Bylsma fired now.

HockeyNymphomaniac*

Start Vokoun/short passes/take neutral zone/back check/puck possession=win:handclap:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For Letang - he needs to play defense and let the offensive stuff come to him. Stop forcing the offense.

66 to 87

Apr 23, 2013
This teams done. No team has come back from 0-2 after home in any of our lives (unless there's a really old dude here...lol). They are playing so poorly top to bottom, I can't see any turn of events changing this ship.

First time for everything.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
+ When we come back from 0-2 hole will it add to the legacy of collapse for the bruins...:)

- Having to throw fluery into a shark tank
- How can they not score... i understand losing, but this is absurd.
- I need a hug :/ I Never need a hug....

lol

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So... I don't have many words. Crosby makes a huge mistake and we go into full panic mode. I couldn't have imagined anything like it. :laugh:

This is why I hate DB. He can't get he team to relax and just stay the course. They panic and panic and panic some more til we get embarrassed.

When I said Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis wouldn't cut it in a tight checking playoff series, it was because of a moment like this.

When I said Bennett and Despres, instead of bubble roster players with experience, should be playing regularly during the regular season, it was for a moment like this.

When I said Bylsma coaching the Pens out of the playoffs was as big a risk to their reaching the finals, it was because of a moment like this.

I really do hate being right. Contrary to what some people actually might think, I'd rather have been wrong about all of it.

nTsplnk*

I have exams this week-so I decided to just let go of what happened with the Pens. I watched most of this game. Here's what a clear mind has to say:

Crosby needs to be better. His whining really makes you question his leadership-the team just expects people to do what they want. He has been a huge dissapointment.

The issues in net aren't issues. Vokoun starts game 3, imho.

The defense is still doing the stretch pass. The Bruins gameplan is effectively shutting us down everywhere-they clog the neutral zone, they take away dump ins, they win faceoffs. The Pens are an offensive team-and all it took was a simple system to shut it down. Adjustments need to be made.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Could have had tickets to this game. Ended up not taking them. Relieved.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I really just don't understand what is wrong with Fleury. The defense wasn't great tonight, but 2 of those goals were shots that an average AHL goalie could make. I truly believe that this team will never win anything again with MAF in net, and it's a real shame. He had a crappy series against the Isles and then had a month to get his **** together and be prepared to have another shot, and he blew it. If Vokoun isn't in net for Game 3 then I won't be watching it.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
In response....
Crosby shouldn't have made that mistake. What the **** was he doing trying to tap a bouncing puck across. If he just stopped it and swung it around the boards on his backhand, we wouldn't have had this problem.

It was a really bad giveaway.

Beyond that....
I think my keyboard doesn't have enough minuses for me to really show how I felt about this game.

NO SINGLE PLAY, even if it results in a goal should dictate an entire game. ESPECIALLY a 6-1 game!!!

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Obviously Letang has been terrible defensively, but for the people complaining about him pinching in all the time, the Bruins players are holding him behind the play so an odd man rush can develop.

AK

May 31, 2008
Worst game of Crosby's professional career.

Series is probably over because there's very little chance they take Game 3 in the Garden, but I'd go back to Vokoun, insert Despres and Bennett, and scratch Adams or Morrow. I can't see Letang being that bad again, at least.

GaryT

Jun 2, 2013
Letang hasnt been playing good since the last game verse the senetors. I wish beau Bennett was playing. Next season I hope they call up the young guys especially in goal. Maybe Hartzell will be good.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Does anyone think Fleury will start game 3?

I think he will and am resigned to it. It's like waving the white flag. Vokoun had his 1st **** game of the playoffs in a game where the team quit. MAF came and was crap. Put Vokoun back out there and die with him in net. We've seen this song and dance with MAF too many times. His time here is up. The first goal killed all the momentum and the 6th goal was a laugher. He just doesn't have it.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I say ice the same lineup that won 15 games in a row.

**** Iggy, **** Morrow.

Oh, and re-sign Matt Cooke on the basis that he actually gives a **** and doesn't stop playing.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
+ Hopefully this will shut up everyone who says that MAF has to get back into the series because the Pens won't win without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad