Post-Game Talk: Game 2 .... Oh boy. (Mod Warning #5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I like the sound of lineup changes but systematically is where most of our problems are.

If we play our own trap game and force turnovers with our transition, we'd probably see better results.

I'd like to see Vitale, Bennett, and Kennedy in. Morrow and someone else out.

I don't know if we see Despres. I'm guessing DB goes back to Eaton for game 3.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We played bad during parts of the islander series to and everything turned out OK,people need to stop panicking, I am interested how LA plays game 3 of there series,also being down 2-0

You don't see the difference between the Islanders and Bruins? You can afford to play bad for a couple of games against the Islanders and still win the series. You can't against the Bruins.

Also, that's a major issue in and of itself. The Pens have ALREADY played badly in the playoffs and had to smarten the **** up. When does this team learn to play consistently good hockey? It's one thing to get a scare in round one and learn from it. It's another to basically repeat the same things that went wrong the first time.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd implement a 1-3-1.

Play it the entire game with

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

and if Iginla isn't looking good push Bennett up.

It's hard to generate offense right now cuz the usual stretch/dump in's are being negated by how the B's are countering it with lots of guys back with several outlets for easy outs.

They should be tightening up, make the neutral zone a nightmare to get through and generate your offense off turn overs and you may get 3 on 2's, 2 on 1's the other way with better O-Zone time.

If the B's beat you on their O-Zone faceoffs and generate shots that way fine but don't make it doubly easy for them with easy breakouts and turning over the puck in the neutral zone.

Last edited:

GaryT

Jun 2, 2013
You don't see the difference between the Islanders and Bruins? You can afford to play bad for a couple of games against the Islanders and still win the series. You can't against the Bruins.

Also, that's a major issue in and of itself. The Pens have ALREADY played badly in the playoffs and had to smarten the **** up. When does this team learn to play consistently good hockey? It's one thing to get a scare in round one and learn from it. It's another to basically repeat the same things that went wrong the first time.

No, the Penguins are making the Bruins look much better than they are. The Islanders were much better at generating offense for themselves. Bruins are just capitalizing on the Penguins bad passes and and poor defensive decisions.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pre game thread is up and we have a few ***** threads to still let loose our ammo. And trust me.. it's deserved so it's okay. But let's lock this ***** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad