GDT: Game 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/5/19 7:00pm EST CBC, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don’t know how Montreal could win this one. I mean, I watched them against Ottawa and they are just in another league. They will score minimum 3 goals. It’s surprising to see an elite club like that when there is a cap hit.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Their top 6 got better at the cost of their bottom 6 getting worse.

Their team as a whole, did not improve. The offense must be judged by the total sum of its parts; Marleau, Brown, Lindholm and Kadri are all better in their respective positions than Mikheyev, Moore, Spezza and Shore.

Brown is a legitimate 2nd line player, Marleau still could comfortably hold a bottom 6 role he was just overpaid. Lindholm is the 3C in Boston now, and Kadri is a legitimate top 6C.

Moore was a scratch, Shore IS your scratch, and Spezza got scrated for Shore. I already addressed the fact that they got better by substitution in their Top 6; but their offensive group is worse.
Well I disagree but I'm not going to argue about this in depth.

IMO:
Kerfoot, Mikheyev, Spezza, Shore, Barrie, Ceci, Sandin > Kadri, Marleau, Lindholm, Brown, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Hainsey

Whether that hurts their PK or not remains to be seen. Even if it does, I think their bottom 6 and defense got even better offensively. Let's see how the season plays out.

FYI, Lindholm is only 3rd line centre now that Krejci and Nordstrom are injured. He's going to end up on the 4th line or healthy scratch. He has no offensive abilities. Connor Brown is hardly a 2nd liner. Maybe on a team like Ottawa, but he's a weak top 6 forward.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don’t know how Montreal could win this one. I mean, I watched them against Ottawa and they are just in another league. They will score minimum 3 goals. It’s surprising to see an elite club like that when there is a cap hit.
Toronto is playing their 3rd game in 4 days, so they might be tired

Reactions: jj cale

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The leafs lost depth and still have a strong roster. They are not some insurmountable task. They've had to be saved by OT/SOs every time against us, and we had a worse roster.

I expect a tight game as always, but can we please stop crowning the leafs before they achieve anything?

Reactions: Goal Caufield

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know if the Leafs got better. Personally, I think Gardiner+Kadri>Kerfoot+Barrie. I think the improvement will be from their team being young and they just get better. It will be interesting to see what they do with their defense for next year.

Last edited:

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Any team get get beat on any given night in the show

Reactions: lo striver

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

They’re fast offensively but a train wreck defensively. They were an unlucky offside call away from Ottawa winning that game. There’s no excuses for losing to them other then we were out played if we do. Especially since they’re playing on back to backs. No excuses.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
compared to the sens everyone is in the super NHL

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Ya..........i dont know how but they will

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Sorry if this has already been covered but apparently they're playing Hutchinson?

This could give us a shot. Would really like to see Max look dangerous tonight as he hasn't looked right since the start of camp.

We can NOT take penalties. Toronto's PP looks like the best in the league.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If our PP clicks even once we win. Leafs can't hang with us 5on5, need gifted PPs, OT, SOs everytime. Let's give em a reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad