GDT: Game 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/16/21 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I said it many times and i'll said it again and again and again. If Danault is our go to offensive center again we will not make the playoffs (unless there's 24 teams in i did not check the rule yet). I like the guy he's a solid player and a guy you want on your team (depth) to win a cup. But he can't be our go to center.

Also i hope i'm wrong but i have a feeling this season will be the "break it" season of Byron and will confirm him as a 2-3 prime seasons players like we have seen so many times in the past. 2-3 good seasons at the end of the 20ies then it's over. Been there done that. Again hope i'm wrong.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I said it many times and i'll said it again and again and again. If Danault is our go to offensive center again we will not make the playoffs (unless there's 24 teams in i did not check the rule yet). I like the guy he's a solid player and a guy you want on your team (depth) to win a cup. But he can't be our go to center.

Also i hope i'm wrong but i have a feeling this season will be the "break it" season of Byron and will confirm him as a 2-3 prime seasons players like we have seen so many times in the past. 2-3 good seasons at the end of the 20ies then it's over. Been there done that. Again hope i'm wrong.
Anderson is now our best RW. Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson are the 1st line

danault is a great 2nd wave line and Kotkaniemi unit can chip in. Love this roster tbh.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Hate to break it to you , but Byron has been a sack of balls for three years, he is overpaid and useless. Can fill a void on the PK sometimes, but that's about it. He can take his salary, his stupid Amish beard, and take a hike far as I'm concerned.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know this seems counterintuitive...but IMO, I find that Shea Weber actually hinders our PP.

He doesn't really move, he struggles with moving the puck and finding teammates and he shoots no matter if the shooting lane is open.

I know the idea is to get his one time bomb option but when that becomes his only use and ability, it actually becomes an anchor.

You're not wrong, actually..

Weber hasn't been effective on the PP since we've lost Markov.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You're not wrong, actually..

Weber hasn't been effective on the PP since we've lost Markov.
I think at least two or three posters made comparisons like "better Souray" or "Gorges with a shot and a little more intuition".

But if all you've got is a shot...it can be blocked and thus rendered ineffective.

Weber always needed a feeder into his cannon, first Suter, then Josi. Petry is that Dman that posts points but you just know he doesn't have the elite passing skill a true #1 has. I say James Wisniewski could QB a PP better than Petry.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think at least two or three posters made comparisons like "better Souray" or "Gorges with a shot and a little more intuition".

But if all you've got is a shot...it can be blocked and thus rendered ineffective.

Weber always needed a feeder into his cannon, first Suter, then Josi. Petry is that Dman that posts points but you just know he doesn't have the elite passing skill a true #1 has. I say James Wisniewski could QB a PP better than Petry.

Weber is better off on the second wave.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I can’t be sure, but if you’ve seen American Psycho, this was a pretty iconic scene where a bunch of privileged high level executives are doing something as childish as comparing business cards. As the scene plays out, the cards get more impressive.

I think that’s the joke here as each overtime unit gets more impressive or at least better than what we iced Wednesday. I do like the business cards getting a little more fancy as each guy presented LOL!
Gridiron Heights football parody did one one Tom Brady.

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hate to break it to you , but Byron has been a sack of balls for three years, he is overpaid and useless. Can fill a void on the PK sometimes, but that's about it. He can take his salary, his stupid Amish beard, and take a hike far as I'm concerned.
WTF did Amish people do to you?? What would be your comments if he had an Afro?

Like who cares if he’s got a beard....geez

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
WTF did Amish people do to you?? What would be your comments if he had an Afro?

Like who cares if he’s got a beard....geez

Way to take an obvious attempt to poke fun at Byron's appearance, and turn it into a racial issue. Will you be taking a brave stance against homelessness and social inequalities when you see my next post? Like if I criticize Kulak will you be spouting off gems like 'WOULD YOU BE SAYING SUCH THINGS IF HE WAS HOMELESS???'

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The most important thing the Habs have to do tonight is play a solid, structured defensive game and hit the living crap out of RNH and Yamamoto...take the rush away from McJesus & Draisaitl and make them work hard for their cookies...the recipe to beat Edmonton is pretty much the same as the one for the Leafs; don't let them dictate the pace and run you all over the ice...if they want to try and play keep-away on the perimeter, let them cycle and cycle and cycle on the outside, as long as we keep the middle clear and let Carey see what's coming...counter-punch with a heavy forecheck and BANG THEM AROUND whenever the opportunity presents...get Gallagher involved early by parking his wee arse in front of Koskinen and being the headache he's known for (preferably off of Danault's wing and on KK's wing)...and someone NEEDS to grab Chairot and Petry by their collective noggin's and tell them no stupid pinching...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Fully expect McDavid to tear this team a new one tonight and I'll enjoy every minute of it. Can't even be mad at it, he's a guy I could see putting up 2+ PPG in a full season at his peak.

Reactions: McFlash97

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Why would they be a fragile team mentally? They have a lot of veteran leadership and an abundance of intangibles. The season has barely started.

I’m speaking about last season, blowing up leads and going into long losing streaks. We had the same veteran leadership with the same intangibles and that didn’t prevent us from struggling and breaking down.

I know it’s very early but this is a short season and a strong start of the season is crucial after being a bottom feeding team for 3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
The key to win tonight against the Oilers, is to stay away from the penalty box. Just like any games versus anybody else. We have a heavy dangerous team too. They should be scared of us. Not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad