GDT: Game 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/16/21 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How often will we see Price down before a shot even comes ?

A lot - because understanding puck flight and angles determines that you are in optimal position to do this, rather than cover above the net, or a portion the puck reasonably can't get to based on where it is being released, where they are relative to the goalie and the net.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would like to see Byron and Evans out...........Poehling and Perry in...

upload_2021-1-16_11-2-55.png

Reactions: Holystik and the

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Here we are rolling into game two and we're getting a good idea how are team is looking as we progress into this season. Coming off strong performances from our youngsters in the 2020 playoffs, we were further augmented by key off season moves. However, things didn't quite work out as we may had hoped after the season opener.

Oh, my friend... he did actually.

View attachment 384765
View attachment 384766
View attachment 384767
View attachment 384768
View attachment 384769
View attachment 384770
View attachment 384771

All jokes aside, it'll be an interesting test against the usual suspects like McDavid and Draisaitl. I thought our defence looked a little slow at times against Toronto. Lineups for tonight:

Tatar - Danault - Gally
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Armia
Lehks - Evans - Byron

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price

Go:habsGo
Of course it's the same lineup... I mean, why wouldn't it the same lineup? Byron and Lekh and Armia and Evans did so bleeping great last game not only should they be in the lineup, they should play more. Especially in OT. More Byron in OT please.

Reactions: Tighthead

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hoping we realize our 'Wedge' power play strategy is terrible and will get eaten alive by most teams.

If we still are using the 1-1-2 formation, McDavid walks in from the sidewall and rips one high-shelf, glove side. Calling it now...
I have a bad feeling too... Edm will score a shorty.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Btw... how come no "fire Clod" chanting going on? Last game OT is another illustrative example to fire his worthless a$$. And the other braindead coaches too.

Reactions: VAN-HAB

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
As long as we even out the PP we should win.

I assume we'd want Chiarot - Weber vs. Drai and Edmundson - Petry vs. McVavid?

I wonder if this is the game we see Romanov move up lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm also pissed at Byron, but replacing him with Perry is an overreaction, even if waivers wasn't an issue. Patience should extend a bit further than one game.

The Coilers are a fast skating team -- and Perry has slowed quite a bit. I'm sure there will be better opponents and times, when it'll be appropriate to use him.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I know it’s pretty early in the season but I think a win here would be important. We just lost against the team that got beat by the Sens. We are stil in many ways the same team who had 2 historic losing streaks last season.

Every team in the Scotia division got a win except for us and Calgary. I fear that losing tonight would be bad mentally for this team.

Again still early in the season to have these type of conversations but I still believe this is a fragile team mentally.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let's win GAMES with our OFFENSIVE PLAYERS all together. Don't kill our vibes with your unnecessary DEFENSIVE TACTICS when we need to score more GOALS.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
3rd game in 4 nights for the Oilers with the same goalie.

Neutralizing McDavid is key. Draisaitl too. Nobody can hurt you much after them.

I just hope Julien is clever enough to stop starting Evans after a goal or in the D zone whem the Oilers have the last change.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know it’s pretty early in the season but I think a win here would be important. We just lost against the team that got beat by the Sens. We are stil in many ways the same team who had 2 historic losing streaks last season.

Every team in the Scotia division got a win except for us and Calgary. I fear that losing tonight would be bad mentally for this team.

Again still early in the season to have these type of conversations but I still believe this is a fragile team mentally.

Why would they be a fragile team mentally? They have a lot of veteran leadership and an abundance of intangibles. The season has barely started.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What I'm really looking forward to is how Anderson's speed and Romanov's skating match up against what the Coilers throw at the Habs.

Reactions: Holystik

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I know this seems counterintuitive...but IMO, I find that Shea Weber actually hinders our PP.

He doesn't really move, he struggles with moving the puck and finding teammates and he shoots no matter if the shooting lane is open.

I know the idea is to get his one time bomb option but when that becomes his only use and ability, it actually becomes an anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig