Game #2 : Kings @ Jets - 10/4/13 - 3-5L

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar played well, Doughty looks good. Brown looks hurt still.

I thought Frattin played well. Rest of the Defense today was not good.

Mitchell/Greene/Regher just look bad so far.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Sure they could have. They are paying Kyle Clifford $1.2 million to be the worst player on the team, they could be rid of Clifford and one of Fraser or King and replace them with two younger players who may actually have a pulse and can contribute to the team.

From our system or some other orgs rejects, because thats all the value we'd get back if we traded them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
From our system or some other orgs rejects, because thats all the value we'd get back if we traded them.

Everyone wants those guys gone so, Pearson/Vey/Toffoli can come up.

Even though there is no guarantee they can handle high minutes at the NHL.

Also what if any of those kids get hurt ? and you have shipped off your depth in Clifford/Fraser/King....

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Y O Y Mr Sutter? Everyone for back 2 back? I think Carcillo would have been better than King or Clifford for this game. We had a healthy Martinez sitting in the pressbox! No one has the stamina yet. Substitute out one of Mitchell or Muzzin who are recovering from knee injuries. Maybe even Regehr or Greene out for Ellerby. Looks like they hit a wall in that 2nd period only to catch their second wind towards the middle 3rd.

Edit: Oh and Scrivens is serviceable. Quick is going to play a whole lot this year with the Olympics coming up! Plus, he was never good on B2Bs.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I had no idea Regehr was even playing until that ill time penalty

lol the same Regehr who leaves a trash heap on the ice for Doughty to clean up?

When Regehr is on the ice, the Kings struggle to get the puck out of the zone, which is a problem because he faces top opponents due to being paired with Doughty, and usually has 1 of the top 2 lines on the ice with him. So he is dragging down 4 of our best skaters every shift

He is so bad, its tough to put it into words, but at least we only have 162 regular season games left for him to act mean and tough

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Could they fail? They certainly could.

But we already know Clifford is a failure, and just seems to get worse and worse with each game. Doesn't it make sense to atleast see what a guy like Pearson could bring?

We went three full playoff rounds without getting a goal from the bottom six, yet we return essentially the same guys and expect things to improve? What does it hurt to atleast change things up?

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

Also what if any of those kids get hurt ? and you have shipped off your depth in Clifford/Fraser/King....

Toffoli has already proven he can handle 2nd line minutes in the playoffs
Fraser plays 7 minutes a night and brings nothing, Andy could replace him easily.
There is no way Pearson could bring less that what Clifford is currently offering.
King is fine, but he should be on the 4th line

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

As well as part of the teams identity. All three are tough bruising players and a big part of what makes the Kings a tough heavy team to play against.

KingKopitar11*

Honestly I think you only see bad things ever. If something good does happen, you find a way to complain about it.

Because there are a lot of positives to take away from the first two games

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You don't need to overhaul the entire bottom lines, just a couple of fresh bodies could change things up like King and Nolan did in 2012. Right now Fraser and Clifford look about like Hunter and Moreau did.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jeez, was this a playoff game? Lots of doom and gloom...

We got a split on a road back-to-back that was two home openers in loud arenas to open the season.

There are certainly some adjustments to be made, and yes, part of me worries that the Kings have been 'figured out', but I'd rather wait until everyone settles down a bit.

KingKopitar11*

You don't need to overhaul the entire bottom lines, just a couple of fresh bodies could change things up like King and Nolan did in 2012. Right now Fraser and Clifford look about like Hunter and Moreau did.

And I'm sure we'd get a nice return from Montreal for Clifford

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Toffoli Vey Pearson, or AA. Getting rid of the current useless bottom 6ers opens up cap.

You have 3 top 6 lines that way.

3 or 4 rookies with less than 30 NHL games combined playing the bottom 6? No way that would happen under Sutter, plus you just gutted your depth.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
As well as part of the teams identity. All three are tough bruising players and a big part of what makes the Kings a tough heavy team to play against.

They are also a big part of what makes the Kings an extremely top heavy team offensively, thus making us easier to shut down. Those guys also take too many penalties

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Nobody looked that bad. :laugh:

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Gg boys, of course we won but 1 more PP and things could've been diff... Next time we meet, prob diff result.. You have been welcoming to the West, cheers hope to aee a 7-game in the playoffs.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
3 or 4 rookies with less than 30 NHL games combined playing the bottom 6? No way that would happen under Sutter, plus you just gutted your depth.

Not three or four, but but they had King and Nolan playing key minutes and contributing a couple of years ago, and they had very little NHL experience.

Like I said in the other post, Fraser and Clifford really look the parts of this years Hunter and Moreau.

Something has to be done about the bottom six, especially the fourth line, whether it's a trade or call-up they need to do something.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Those of us who grew up in so cal with KROQ, remember this guy:
Poorman ‏@Poorman1

You got your wish @LAKings #Quick fans. Now you have your boy in goal full time. I'll keep saying it. #Bernier trade is Kings worst ever.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I guess someone forgot that Ron Grahame was brought in from Boston...for a 1st that became Ray Bourque.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Clifford had little to do with us losing this game. Clifford took regular shifts on the pk and played only 10mins 3 secs. 3rd least on the team. If your looking to blame someone i think Muzzins -3 with a point so he was on the ice for 4 of the jet goals in 19min 35 secs would be a better target

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad