Game #2 : Kings @ Jets - 10/4/13 - 3-5L

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
.....in the 2nd of back-to-back games. Unwise, as all our energy was spent in the 1st period. Like I said before, we worked harder, but the Jets worked smarter.

The Jets were sitting at home for 2 full days waiting for their home opener and a Kings team that was coming in after a game the night before. It's not about working harder or smarter, the Kings weren't going to have the same energy level as the Jets as the game went on, period. If they saved themselves in the 1st, the period probably would've looked more like the 2nd or most of the 3rd.

Had the Kings been able to score another goal or two in the 1st, maybe it's a different game. They didn't, they lost, oh well, it's going to happen probably 30-some times this year.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
true. which is strange, considering in the 2 years he's coached the Kings, he's got a ring (speaks for itself) and got us to the conference finals (something we've only done once in the history of our franchise).

im not in the country, so can't watch the games, but there seems to be a lot of bickering over who to play in the bottom rung players. it'd really surprise me if these players were the make/break of our team.

People seem to be forgetting that Sutter can only play the guys he has on the team. The reality is the team is pretty much rowing with just one oar in the water (the already threadbare left wing is virtually non-existent w/Brown impaired). I won't even go into the problems on D -- at least the D should improve somewhat as the season progresses.

Remember that fearsome forecheck in the '12 playoffs -- looks more and more to be the exception not the rule. Opposing teams figured out last year how to counter -- just swarm the guy with the puck down low.

DL needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat trade but I don't see that happening -- no cap space for a proven LW and a young inexpensive guy may be no better option that bring up Pearson. Yeah, its way too early to panic and the season will play long but Sutter will need to get creative to make the most out of this bunch.

I've felt that way for a long time, though I think that's a change we make if things aren't clicking 10 games in. It changes the whole dynamic fo the team

Oh I have as well.. I just don't see why there is so much resistance to it when there seems to be an agreement that the bottom six could use a bit of a shake up. That's something that they could try without changing the roster if they wanted. But I'm cool with letting the team stay the course for the time being. I swear I've lost a lot of passion I had for issues like these since the kings on the cup.

KingKopitar11*

The Jets were sitting at home for 2 full days waiting for their home opener and a Kings team that was coming in after a game the night before. It's not about working harder or smarter, the Kings weren't going to have the same energy level as the Jets as the game went on, period. If they saved themselves in the 1st, the period probably would've looked more like the 2nd or most of the 3rd.

Had the Kings been able to score another goal or two in the 1st, maybe it's a different game. They didn't, they lost, oh well, it's going to happen probably 30-some times this year.

I'd be worried about fatigue if this was the middle of the season. That wasn't the issue. The Minnesota game they looked fatigued and sloppy as well. The point being it wasn't fatigue just the players were bad.

KingKopitar11*

true. which is strange, considering in the 2 years he's coached the Kings, he's got a ring (speaks for itself) and got us to the conference finals (something we've only done once in the history of our franchise).

im not in the country, so can't watch the games, but there seems to be a lot of bickering over who to play in the bottom rung players. it'd really surprise me if these players were the make/break of our team.

You'd be surprised, I'm more disappointed at the fact that our young forwards are sitting behind the likes of Clifford, stoll, Fraser, king. Watching the Sharks they gave Hertl a chance straight from the Czech league. I just wish that our younger forwards actually got a chance to make the line up. Our bottom 6 makes no momentum which screws the whole team over. We aren't getting momentum because teams figured out our system. That's why we need more talent in the bottom 6. More talent in the bottom 6 is better scoring chances which creates more momentum which results in a better production from the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad