GDT: Game 2: Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks: We're just slow starters. It's a trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Don't worry Oilers fans. It will be a great lesson learned for this young team and build character. Ignore the trolls.

Dubnky and the team will rebound next game.

That's right. This is the kind of game that makes you stronger. You get pumped, everyone lets you know it, you feel like crap and you never want to feel it again.

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
I have the game on at work and my two assistants made some comments about the girl who sang the anthem tonight—Ugly is putting it mildly was their response—was it the same chick who sings in the lounge somewhere doing the singing

Please tell me we aren't stuck with her all season...for some reason I think we are. :shakehead

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's not easy for a team to just turn it on after shutting it down. If the Sharks don't come out harder in the third the Oilers could put up two or three pretty quick before the Sharks can turn it up.

I dunno, the eternal optimist in me says the Oilers can come back from four goals. It really depends on how much the Sharks actually shut it down in the second.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
We're so strong on the pp(and so inadequate 5 on 5) it pretty much should be part of the gameplan trying to draw penalties, I'm not talking about diving but about keeping their feet moving and challenging defenders with pace.

On another note Paajarvi looks pretty good, he's actually shooting the puck with some purpose and his skating and defensive game looks as good as always, now if he can do what I mentioned above and draw some penalties he's doing what we need him to do.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
That's right. This is the kind of game that makes you stronger. You get pumped, everyone lets you know it, you feel like crap and you never want to feel it again.

I applaud you for being Positive Mr Forever. I like the "never say die" attitude the Oilers do have.

Even if I'm pissed at the team, they aren't dead yet.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The problem is simple.

2 years ago all we needed were some real superstars in Hall and Eberle, not the pretend ones like Gagner, Cogs, and Nilsson.

Last year all we needed was a #1 centre to help our new stars, and that will be what gets us to the next level.

This year all we needed was a bit of help on the backend and some goaltending, and our new shiny rookie toys will bring us secondary offense.

Problem is this is the same ****ing team as 2 years before Hall. All we have added is 1-2 rookies a year, and we have not improved at all with proven talent.

Team is too soft, not good enough defensively, our bottom 6 gets outplayed on a nightly basis, and our vets are nowhere near as good as other teams.

We need help, and not the wait around for more rookies kind.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
2 things... I am still not sold on dubnyk... And I can't believe Fistric is being sat to get a feel for this garbage defence...

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
RNH with Hemsky and Yakupov is a nightmare

not really.. RNH is better defensively than Gagner.. Could be worth a go..
I would actually move Yak down to 3rd line RW till he gets things in order.

Paajarvi-Horc-Yak

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
The top line only generates offense when it's off the rush or on the PP. They've been pretty disappointing so far in the season.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
It's not easy for a team to just turn it on after shutting it down. If the Sharks don't come out harder in the third the Oilers could put up two or three pretty quick before the Sharks can turn it up.

I dunno, the eternal optimist in me says the Oilers can come back from four goals. It really depends on how much the Sharks actually shut it down in the second.

Wow man that's pretty optimistic. You're the guy who gets legitimately disappointed every time his lottery ticket doesn't hit the jackpot. :laugh:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Consider other moderators on other boards our hot step cousins who live out of state that we had this confusing sexy summer with and don't mention them/it, mkay?

homer-simpson-hiding-in-the-bushes.gif

think i've had just about enough internet for the evening...

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Meh. 4 quick goals in the 3rd and we're right back in it.

Too bad the entire team **** the bed in the 1st.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
What's wrong with Smid tonight? I rarely get on his case, but It's like his mind is not there tonight. Chased Thornton behind the net on a 5 on 3 pk, out of position a lot.

And with 7 sec left in the period in a 6-2 game, he got time to shoot or skate the puck deep to make a play, instead, he flipped the puck at the corner to no one like he's protecting a 6-2 lead. Eberle, Hall & RNH all had a dirty look on their faces when they were looking for Smid to do something with the puck.

Everyone can have a tough game, but when your mind is not there, that is unfair to your teammate & those paying fans.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Right now the team needs to aim for the moral victory. More goals than you let in, good 100% effort and just to forget this game asap.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Wow man that's pretty optimistic. You're the guy who gets legitimately disappointed every time his lottery ticket doesn't hit the jackpot. :laugh:

Only when it comes to hockey. It's just my approach to being a fan of sports, always try to hold out for the best.

Delta Cubes

Jan 2, 2010
The top line only generates offense when it's off the rush or on the PP. They've been pretty disappointing so far in the season.

Considering they've been in the league for a total of 5 years combined, it's something that's kind of expected IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad