GDT: Game 2: Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks: We're just slow starters. It's a trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I'm having fun

Are you guys having fun?

I actually am. Glad to have hockey back for one. Yak and Schultz both getting their first of the season and we have some adversity to work through right now. Nice to see them not roll over and die, come out hard and win that second period.

Evets 81

Dec 29, 2012
B.C.
Better period, for sure. Outshot the Sharks, which is much better on its own, considering we were basically outshot 15-2 or something for a lot of the first (ended up with 7) . Actually had some sustained offensive pressure, less bad passes/giveaways.

Take away the first period, and we just played a 1-0 (in our favour) period and outshot the opponent 17-9. Any problems? Whatever was said to the team in the first intermission seemed to work a bit. Maybe it was a speech, maybe it was just the goalie swap.

Is SJ trying fully? Probably not, but maybe once the Oilers were actually putting up a fight, they started up again.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
WTH happened? I came home and saw that it was 6-1 after 1. I missed Nail's 1st goal but at least I got to see Schultz'.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Hall covers so much ground... I think he would be much less awkward and more effective at centre, being able to get involved in all areas of the ice. Then he could split up from ebs and rnh and they wouldn't always be fighting each other for possession.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If the Oilers come back 6-4 or 7-4 ill count that as a moral victory, shows character. But wow...just wow

The Perfect Human*

I want to try some new lines, just for fun.

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Yakupov-RNH-Hemsky
MPS-Horcoff-Hartikainen
Smyth-Belanger-Petrell

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Well hey, Yakupov and Schultz got goals. And this team is capable of scoring 4 in a period. Let's see what happens, this game could still turn out reasonable.

With our stellar defence ,we will let in 1 or 2 pucks even if we make 4 goals in third.
I dont buy the loungo talk, for what reason do we need a old bad contracted goalie who will retire in 3-4 years. We need to find a top prospect goalie like markstrom who is ready when we have a team ready to contend. At least 2 top d and a two way 2 c and some hard hitters for the 4th line.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Really annoying how many fools in here blaming Dubnyk.
Actually what's really annoying is in spite of all the evidence to the contrary how many fools still think Dubnyk is an NHL starting goaltender.

Descendent*

Don't worry Oilers fans. It will be a great lesson learned for this young team and build character. Ignore the trolls.

Dubnky and the team will rebound next game.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
didn't watch the 2nd p after that Cf of a 1st but we all have to remember this is a young team that is going to have games like this. they are playing a veteran team,; and this is their 1st game at home; they are trying too much and are going to make mistakes

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
One thing really noticable, especially in the first period - anytime there is a loose puck or man in need of covering and 2 or more Oiler players in the vicinity, there was serious hesitation and miscommunication from everyone on the team.

It was especially bad with the loose pucks. Each time the Oiler players would assume it wasn't their job to corral the puck, resulting in two or more players players moving to leave the zone while preparing for the breakout pass, with no one left behind to actually make that breakout pass.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Consider other moderators on other boards our hot step cousins who live out of state that we had this confusing sexy summer with and don't mention them/it, mkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad