GDT: Game 2 : Czech Republic Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CZE 4 - 3 RUS

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Awesome goal by Zemulin... that would've been a great time for Dostal to make a 10 bell save though.

Czechs have slowed the game down and made it ugly.. exactly what they need to do. Just stop taking stupid penalties. They seem to have an issue everytime they go near Romanov. Need to get him out of their heads.

If I was an NHL GM.. I would NEVER draft a goalie in round 1 - they take at least 3 years to develop. I have no doubht Askaraov will be a very good NHL goalie but I think Dostal will be too and he was taken in the third round. Goalies are voodoo.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I like WJC because it's the real kid's hockey. Go either way very fast.

Nice too see Larionov and Khabibulin with Bragin behind the bench

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So the Czechs have the worst D amongst the Top 6 - no real argument there. Our only D with any potential NHL career is Has. He is now a FORWARD.lol Lauko's injury and the Czechs only have 11 forwards right now so they moved their best D to forward for a few shifts.lol They ahve space to add a few guys to roster.

Meanwhile, Novak sits around watching this on TSN in Western Canada... can we fly him over?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Our top Czech forwards have done a good job IMO... I haven't noticed Pytlik but Pekar and Jenik have been very good. I've really enjoyed watching Jenik... lot of hope in that kid... bonus that he's from Brno!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Shots are 23-9.

Good news - no bad penalty calls in 10 minutes
Better news - Czechs also haven't taken any stupid penalties

Anything the Czechs can do to dull this game would be great... I'm talking Greek Euro Champion style soccer here.lol

Reactions: robertmac43

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gord Miller just did his best 'vesele vanoce'... gotta admire the effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad