GDT: Game 2 : Czech Republic Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CZE 4 - 3 RUS

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone know where I can find live Boxscore updates on scoring? TSN doesn't seem to show who scored on mobile

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don’t know whether it’ll be #1, but it seems like it was a good idea to add Larionov to the coaching staff.

Maybe not in the stats because they're "officially" 0/3 but 2 of the goals were a direct result, and that's definitely some of the best puck movement I've seen on a PP in this tournament in a while

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe not in the stats because they're "officially" 0/3 but 2 of the goals were a direct result, and that's definitely some of the best puck movement I've seen on a PP in this tournament in a while

Agreed. They're very advanced.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Czechs need to stay out of the box. They could win 5 on 5.
Honestly its too bad they got all those penalties after going up 2-0. Would have been good to keep peppering Askarov with shots.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This russian team is extremely skilled. Denisenko so slick.

Despite Russia being the clearly superior team so far, I gotta feel for the Czechs.. First losing Lauko.. and neither of the PP's that resulted in a goal should have been PP IMO.

Reactions: Rexor

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thrilled it's tied. 2-2 tie with a superior team is very good! Dostal can heat up and we do have counter punchers.
Russians are clearly better.
Their powerplay is destroying us.
Romanov will be an amazing NHL Dman for Russia. Despite all the amazing players on Russia, I enjoy watching him the most.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
This russian team is extremely skilled. Denisenko so slick.

Despite Russia being the clearly superior team so far, I gotta feel for the Czechs.. First losing Lauko.. and neither of the PP's that resulted in a goal should have been PP IMO.
Pretty much agree, but on the other hand I think the young players Kubicek and Mysak look very good. Crowd has good energy, and they have excellent beer over there so don't feel too bad.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Having said that...

Those penalty kills were brutal!
Romanov is very smart as well, he's going to keep skating at us... Czechs need to be smart and not take stupid penalties by brushing his jersey or skating near him (note: this isn't me complaining about the Russians, it is also isn't me blaming the refs for the Russian dominance - but he penalty call was stupid)
We lost our best forward 53 seconds into the game!!! Just saw the replay - it looked like he tore it in both directions! Once on the initial clip and then in the opposite direction on the way down as his skate hooked.
We can't afford a Lauko lost... I'll be shocked if he plays again.
Dostal stood no chance on 2 goals against but has looked very good!
The bounce off a Czech shinpad to the Russian stick for Goal 2 was bad luck
Russia's skill level/skating/vision is off the charts compared to us
Russian's must feel great as they've tilted the ice
Czechs must be exhausted as they're skating backwards the whole period with very little possession

Who know's what the 2nd brings... honestly, I'd rather be down 2-0 and no injured Lauko.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pretty much agree, but on the other hand I think the young players Kubicek and Mysak look very good. Crowd has good energy, and they have excellent beer over there.
The beer won't help us win though.lol Very happy for Mysak... he's been projected in and out of first round for a long time now and Czechs have a nice little history of mid first round picks becomign excellent NHL players (Pastrank, Necas, Chytil, Hertl, Vrana) going. He could be our next one but he's been mostly invisible in tourney's I've seen for the Czech team. Hope he makes it! Pytlik is another excellent prospect.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Dostal looked good. i thought
i'd like to see 5 on 5.
So would the Czechs.lol

I think Russia will slowly take the game over now... score a goal every 10 mintues or so and put the game out of reach. Czechs have a very good goalie and counterpunchers.. they need to keep this tied (or get a lead) for as long as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad