GDT: Game #2: Coyotes @ Rangers - 4:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, MSG

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Overall we played well. Just a couple missed opportunities. But the things that need patching are easy fixes. I like our speed, our ability to take away time and space, and we've got some chemistry across these lines. Cooley is just getting better every shift. Need to be more decisive and shoot more on the PP. That was two top teams that we've given everything they can handle. Encouraging start.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
What happened at the very end? I just checked the box score and there's like 30 minutes worth of penalties there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thought Dermott also had a pretty solid game…he looks better than I expected so far.
Overall our D is porous. They were beaten all night. That was my worry entering this season and tonight the D was bad. Ingram played solid.

Reactions: Nowotny

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
When I think back to how they started last year on the road in the east it’s really night and day.

Anytime you start to feel frustrated with them just think back to that opening game in Columbus a couple years ago and remember how far they’ve come already
*chill goes down my spine* I drove all the way to the arena (because it had been 18 months) for the viewing party for that....at least I got a box of swag for my trouble

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not a bad game.

Sucks that the 5-on-3 momentum got sliced by the intermission.

Also, I thought for a penalty shot you could choose to have any other player on the ice take the shot? If so, Cooley was available.

I hope the Arizona Coyotes win the hockey game.

J6UzD5b.png
I’m amused that we actually have talent now and they choose to put Boyd on the graphic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Coyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not a bad game.

Sucks that the 5-on-3 momentum got sliced by the intermission.

Also, I thought for a penalty shot you could choose to have any other player on the ice take the shot? If so, Cooley was available.

I’m amused that we actually have talent know and they choose to put Boyd on the graphic.
Bear said he’s going to rotate guys in and out.

Take it up with Bear. :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think we have the goalies I wasn’t sure, but both goalies played very strong games. Ingraham really impressed me.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Is anyone else watching on Channel 61? It's convenient cause I can watch on Directv but the picture is brutal.
Picture was brutal for me too. 15.2 was much better stream even though it was 720p and 61 was showing 1080i. Hopefully it will improve tomorrow, although this appears to only be a temporary solution as McConnell said 61 was just for the two NY games.

What is wrong with maccelli so that He does not get more opportunities? Isn’t he good enough ? He was a magician last year creating so many chances 5vs5 while getting little pp time .
I have watched him closely. Opposing teams are keying on him and taking away his time and space. Maccelli is best when he can hold the puck for long time. He'll need to learn to make quicker reads and play faster. He is playing too slowly right now.

Was excited to fire up the recording of this game and watch it. Tablo DVR simply says “Failed Recording” no explanation no nothing. Great.
Had that happen to me last week when testing it. That sucks. I don't see any replays either. Because these channels are unpredictable I have tried to watch the games live. I usually record and skip the commercials.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I thought we played a good game against a really good team and held our own. Not scoring on the 5 on 3 hurt. We played a really good 2nd period and really limited them. We need some players to shoot some more instead of pass. Two games in a row where we made some passes when we need to shoot it. Defense needs some help.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I thought Kerfoot may be the guy to play with Cooley , but not sure now

I noticed that last few minutes Cooley and Maccelli were together .. that may be good going forward

I think they should subbed in Coolet or Maccelli on that 5 on 3 … the creativity just left .. nobody moved their feet .. they just passed it around the circle..

they Should have changed it up at the start of the third … when you have room to skate .. put Cooley or Maccelli out

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I noticed also that Cooley has been gifting line mates with passes , but they aren’t looking , and miss them

Zucker didn’t look happy when he got awarded the penalty shot .. he had a defeated look …. very strange.. like he knew he wasn’t going to score

Reactions: Foggy1097

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Dammit Dermott....terrible pinch....your d partner was first in the offensive zone. Hayton knew to hang back and cover for Dumba....too bad he doesn't know how to defend a 2 on 1.

Nash and McConnell a bit blinded by the big city lights and not sharp on tonight's broadcast.

Cooley and Keller had a nice moment on the bench after the goal.

I'll be interested to see what comes first....a lopsided win, or lopsided loss.....lopsided being a deficit of 3 or more goals, not including empty net goals.

Exciting times ahead!

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I thought Kerfoot may be the guy to play with Cooley , but not sure now

I noticed that last few minutes Cooley and Maccelli were together .. that may be good going forward

I think they should subbed in Coolet or Maccelli on that 5 on 3 … the creativity just left .. nobody moved their feet .. they just passed it around the circle..

they Should have changed it up at the start of the third … when you have room to skate .. put Cooley or Maccelli out
I’ve been saying for weeks that I want to see Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse - not sure why they went back to Bjugstad on that line. He was clearly not the difference as the line hardy skipper a beat when McBain subbed in after the deadline. Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse is a legit 2nd line on this team. Zucker-Bjugstad-Kerfoot looks like a solid 3rd line to me.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I’ve been saying for weeks that I want to see Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse - not sure why they went back to Bjugstad on that line. He was clearly not the difference as the line hardy skipper a beat when McBain subbed in after the deadline. Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse is a legit 2nd line on this team. Zucker-Bjugstad-Kerfoot looks like a solid 3rd line to me.
For D reasons, why they went back to Bjug....Cooley/Maccelli aren't good on D (yet), but in time, I agree.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Think we played well most of the game.

This Cooley guy is amazing, he must be the chosen one!!!

To win those games, you have to use the 5 on 3 or the Penalty Shot. But i think they know it better than us.

One thing i dont like that much: Too many small passes in front of the net. Shooooot the f… puck.

I like this team and i hope, they continue this way, they improve their game an thats what we wanna see.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think we have the goalies I wasn’t sure, but both goalies played very strong games. Ingraham really impressed me.
Both played good first games. Consistency has been their biggest problems in their careers. If they can cure that, we have a pretty good one two punch.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought we played a good game against a really good team and held our own. Not scoring on the 5 on 3 hurt. We played a really good 2nd period and really limited them. We need some players to shoot some more instead of pass. Two games in a row where we made some passes when we need to shoot it. Defense needs some help.
The Bjugstad line has not played like last year. Have to fine a way to get McBain more than ten minutes. With the fourth line getting next to nothing in TOI and the Bjugstad line getting about 13 TOI is a recipe for disaster. We need everyone to contribute to be successful. LOB at 6 TOI bench warming doesn't help anyone. Splitting the first two games on the road against SC contenders is something to be proud of.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorsk11

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. Need to find a way to get McBain more than ten TOI.

For D reasons, why they went back to Bjug....Cooley/Maccelli aren't good on D (yet), but in time, I agree.
I thought McBain was as good as Bjugstad on D last year after the trade. In fact, I thought McBain and that line played better as time went on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad