GDT: Game #2: Coyotes @ Rangers - 4:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, MSG

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
that laid back trap of the Rangers stifles any flow the guys might get...if you can't get them early, they just keep packing it back, where there is nothing through the neutral zone.

I would have just had my Dman w/the puck just sit there and wait for them to attack...if they don't attack, don't move the puck up. Force them to stretch that shit out, because we didn't and skated into them the entire game.

Durzi had the only PP time from the D and I think that is a mistake...either Dumba or one of Valimaki/Moser needs to get some time there.

I mean, if Durzi was Fox'esque then sure, give him all the PP mins he can handle, but he's not, so change it up.
Funny enough.. Laviolette (Rangers head coach) has been on the other end and tried this:

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
3DC2FFE5-B54C-4E7E-9747-0EB3038DAF1B.jpeg

No ESPN+ here. Missed the game. Enjoyed everyones commentary as I caught up this morning. Thanks!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not a bad game.

Sucks that the 5-on-3 momentum got sliced by the intermission.

Also, I thought for a penalty shot you could choose to have any other player on the ice take the shot? If so, Cooley was available.

I’m amused that we actually have talent now and they choose to put Boyd on the graphic.
Infraction was on specific player (Bugs), shot is awarded to him alone, by red., per rules.

I noticed also that Cooley has been gifting line mates with passes , but they aren’t looking , and miss them
Ah, the ol’ “Ribiero syndrome”, hope he doesn’t turn to cocaine!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hayton knew to hang back and cover for Dumba....too bad he doesn't know how to defend a 2 on 1.
He played the pass, which is what he’s supposed to do, he just didn’t play it well.

Both played good first games. Consistency has been their biggest problems in their careers. If they can cure that, we have a pretty good one two punch.
Careers?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille