GDT: Game 2: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 10/11 7PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Watching the replay on FSO now. Boy, the crowd sounded just as good on TV and we did in person.

just saw it was on...thought same thing....

what a crowd...may have been the free labatt i had in the party tower all night...but WOW...

great puck possession for most of the game...glad i won these tix to be there...

also.. **** nash...what a *****...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
just saw it was on...thought same thing....

what a crowd...may have been the free labatt i had in the party tower all night...but WOW...

great puck possession for most of the game...glad i won these tix to be there...

The Labatt bear and Dancin Kevin were hilarious. OK, it got a little dicey at the end, but funny overall.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The Labatt bear and Dancin Kevin were hilarious. OK, it got a little dicey at the end, but funny overall.

the bear was in the suite for a while...i have too many pictures with it over the last month...the "handler" remembered me and the GF from buffalo thursday...not sure that's a good thing...

Kurtis5939

Feb 7, 2011
Pensacola, FL
I love watching those twitter feeds of the Hartnell hit and seeing all of the Ranger fans talking trash about how dirty it was.

A) They didnt mention the 2 elbows to heads of the Blue Jacket players
B) Play was still going
C) He had the puck when he got rocked

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Rob Mixer
‏@RobMixer
Interesting. #CBJ RT @TheCoachUB: Kreider might see a suspension. Left the bench to instigate a fight is an automatic 10 games.

Did anyone see this? I was at the game so I never saw a replay of how the Skille-Kreider fight began, but this would be a huge blow to the Rangers

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Rob Mixer
‏@RobMixer
Interesting. #CBJ RT @TheCoachUB: Kreider might see a suspension. Left the bench to instigate a fight is an automatic 10 games.

Did anyone see this? I was at the game so I never saw a replay of how the Skille-Kreider fight began, but this would be a huge blow to the Rangers

Yeah. But I'm not so sure he left the bench with the direct purpose of fighting though, it looked like it was was in the middle of a line change. Although he went straight for Skille and immediately dropped his gloves so it could go either way tbh.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Great game, they seem to really clicking. How does Rimer still have a job? At first he was gushing over Wennberg's first goal, only to correct that he had the assist, in which he had neither! Then he somehow confused the crowd chanting CBJ with Defense.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Rob Mixer
‏@RobMixer

It was close. They were in the middle of a line change. I think he gets a pass.

Stempniak, though, should get a hearing. Rangers cry-baby fans can whine all they want, but Stempniaks hit was late, and he led with his forearm to Arty's face. Hartnell's hit was hard but clean.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It was close. They were in the middle of a line change. I think he gets a pass.

Stempniak, though, should get a hearing. Rangers cry-babys can whine all they want, (maybe they need a diaper change?) but Stempniaks hit was late, and he led with his forearm to Arty's face. Hartnell's hit was hard but clean.

Seeing this picture make it certainly look more questionable if you count the people on the ice. If he was making a line change, he certainly appears to have liberally jumped on the ice before the person he was replacing was close. The blame for that may be on the 2 players behind the play not really getting back to the bench with much urgency as it appears in the picture.

Attachments

• BztXf1MIQAA8_qH (1).jpg
    BztXf1MIQAA8_qH (1).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 127

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Seeing this picture make it certainly look more questionable if you count the people on the ice. If he was making a line change, he certainly appears to have liberally jumped on the ice before the person he was replacing was close. The blame for that may be on the 2 players behind the play not really getting back to the bench with much urgency as it appears in the picture.

Still a tough call with a still shot. Looking at that they should have gotten a too many men penalty as well. Still it's the Rangers, and this leagues uneven discipline seems to be based on the team and players. It seems to be a matter of market size and star power.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Live I thought he left the bench to go after Skille, but after seeing the replay it looks like it was a line change. It will be interesting to see what the NHL rules.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

That's damning evidence if I've ever seen it ...

And I thought he was making a line change when I first saw it and the replays. Certainly, the league's decision will be interesting on that. Thinking they give him the benefit of the doubt, being such a minor incident.

The issue I take is that Skille had to fight at all. He was skating to the bench, didn't see Zuccarello until the last minute, and never intended to hit him. He didn't even raise his arms to protect himself from the hit. The Rangers should be embarrassed for reacting the way they did.

My favorite part was no one went after Hartnell in the ensuing scrum.

Not after seeing Duclair stuck in his helmet in the last one! :biglaugh:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
That's damning evidence if I've ever seen it ...

And I thought he was making a line change when I first saw it and the replays. Certainly, the league's decision will be interesting on that. Thinking they give him the benefit of the doubt, being such a minor incident.

The issue I take is that Skille had to fight at all. He was skating to the bench, didn't see Zuccarello until the last minute, and never intended to hit him. He didn't even raise his arms to protect himself from the hit. The Rangers should be embarrassed for reacting the way they did.

Skille realized he had just destroyed someone and figured he'd answer the bell... I don't think he knew how he caught Zuccarello

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Rangers are going to need some tougher forwards if they are going to keep up with us.

Wolfy*

Great game by the Jackets last night, I'm impressed. Playoff contender :nod:

thebus2288*

Atkinson, Foligno, Arty- the best forwards.

With the preseason and the start of the year they've had, all 3's value is at an all time high. We could probably get Eberle/Perron and a 2nd for all 3 "middle-6 tweeners".

Boll was outstanding tonight. He was particularly good on subtle, simple puck plays - better than I've ever seen him.

NO he's just as good as he's always been. He's been in and out of the lineup the past year and a half. When he's been in he's never been close to healthy. All you guys who talk **** about him have literally just forgotten how valuable he can be.

We had ****** teams a few years ago. THAT is why we lost games. Not because Boll was getting regular shifts back then.

Wolfy*

Rob Mixer
‏@RobMixer

Doubt it has been reviewed by the league. Rangers play tonight, should be a decision by now, heard nothing.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Oh my god :help:

We finally get skilled players to step up and we immediately want to trade them. How did the tweener for one player work out last time? Oh yeah he's not on the team anymore. And the players we got in a 4 for 1 trade are better then the one player we sent. I really don't see why people want to trade away multiple kids for one player. Until Dubi and Jenner come back at least. I just really don't see the need to trade..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad