GDT: Game 2: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 10/11 7PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Tyutin was flat out great tonight. He was among the several guys who are noticeably quicker than they were at the end of last year.

I wasn't as impressed with Prout. He puts the puck in the wrong place too much for my comfort. Bad passes or he chips it out to the other team when we could have kept it. Erixon is like the anti-Prout - puts the puck in the right place but isn't nearly strong enough. I still think on balance he's an excellent player and I'd take him in the lineup ahead of Prout.

Agreed - Prout will come out when Murray draws in.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Agree on both Erixon and Prout, really the only noticably weak links. Definitely need to break up the Erixon/Wiz pairing, too many lapses between the two of them.

Overall really liked our game tonight, crowd obviously was jacked up which was great to see as well.

Finally, don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but man-oh-man did Marko Dano's goal tonight remind me of Nikita Filatov's 1st NHL goal. Even the celly was about the same. Eerie, here's to a much brighter career for Dano.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Someone else said this a month or two ago, but I really must concur. Moving to the Eastern Conference (where we should have been all along) is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Great atmosphere. Good to get the W.

Very good start for the Jackets and the Rags slowly got their legs. Bob was very good tonight. Dano with his first assist, then first goal.

Atkinson, Foligno, Arty- the best forwards. Tyutin best dman tonight.

Hartnell has two assists for the bad guys so far!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
BztyaA5CQAEtuZG.jpg:large

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I know he's the favorite. Whipping boy, but I thought Boll was outstanding tonight. He was particularly good on subtle, simple puck plays - better than I've ever seen him.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Agree on both Erixon and Prout, really the only noticably weak links. Definitely need to break up the Erixon/Wiz pairing, too many lapses between the two of them.

Overall really liked our game tonight, crowd obviously was jacked up which was great to see as well.

Finally, don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but man-oh-man did Marko Dano's goal tonight remind me of Nikita Filatov's 1st NHL goal. Even the celly was about the same. Eerie, here's to a much brighter career for Dano.

Erixon got beat wide but that's the only bad lapse I remember being on him. The rest of his game was just not as crisp as usual.

I don't think they had a good game, but I wouldn't break them up, at least not yet. There was a shift in the first where they got stuck out there for a couple minutes. The forwards kept turning it over and Erixon made a lot of nice defensive plays. At the same time the two of them were totally gassed, and they were getting pushed around. That's where you'd like any of our other 4 out there. Doesn't matter how tired they are they are heavier and harder to move.

But although Erixon-Wiz might have had the most easy to see lapses, I think Prouter's routine chip-it-to-the-wrong-spot adds up to being much worse.

Last edited:

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I know he's the favorite. Whipping boy, but I thought Boll was outstanding tonight. He was particularly good on subtle, simple puck plays - better than I've ever seen him.

I think Bolls is the favorite whipping boy just because of his silly contract. He's a perfectly fine 4th liner. He made some perfect plays tonight and set Skille up for that great shot that went off the crossbar.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Speaking of Tyutin's defensive play, David Savard also made some really nice plays tonight. One of them was a recovery from a flub up the ice, but he made it.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think Bolls is the favorite whipping boy just because of his silly contract. He's a perfectly fine 4th liner. He made some perfect plays tonight and set Skille up for that great shot that went off the crossbar.

I think it has to do with the fact that he is not one of our 12 best players when we are at full strength. So, fans get frustrated when he continues to play. He is playing better, but he still shouldn't be playing when we get back to full strength.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I'm really surprised by it too. Really nice passes.

I think it has to do with the fact that he is not one of our 12 best players when we are at full strength. So, fans get frustrated when he continues to play. He is playing better, but he still shouldn't be playing when we get back to full strength.

It really depends which Boller shows up. If he plays like he did last year then he's a pure goon.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Back from game................great time, with the minor pain in the arse of the Rags fans around me (mostly locals who can't decide who to root for).:shakehead

Great for hockey to be back & great to be there in person. Never seen that big of a crowd on the plaza. Guys arriving curb-side was cool.

Thought Arty really played with an edge tonight; & Cam and Calvert were flying.

2-0......................on they go.

Now turn on HNIC & off to bed. Life is good.......................

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Went to the game tonight... what an amazing atmosphere. CBJ chants will forever give me goosebumps.

Thoughts; Johansen looked two times better than he did in Buffalo. Not quite up to his normal level of play but he isn't too far off. So crazy how much of a different player Cam looks this year. So determined and driven. Love it. Prout was a +3 tonight but as a poster said before me, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Prout who is the scratch once Murray comes in. Loved seeing Dano score his first career goal.... Now, Wennberg. I don't know if anyone is going to agree with me, I'd be interested to hear but, I thought Wennberg played not good... in-fact, he had 16 minutes of TOI. that's incredible to me. why? because I barely noticed him at all besides the high stick penalty. Tyutin, Savard, JJ are extremely reliable defenders within the early stages of this season. Letestu had a very quiet game. Bob was Bob. As far as the Rangers go, Zuccarello was a -4. that's hilarious... Rangers have an extremely solid player in Duclair. Was a +2 with 2 assists tonight. All in all, a great game to be in attendance at!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What a great game all around. No complaints about anyones play but one...And that one is a key cog..and that is Jack Johnson.

You guys know I like JJ alot, and I thought he was outstanding @Buffalo, but man he looked bad tonight.

I also loved Hartnell for laying out Stempniak after the Arty cheapshot. These aren't your older brothers old sissy Blue Jackets, we will hit back

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Great game. Kinda bummed that Johnson was (again) a minus player when, in reality, I thought he played a pretty solid game. I thought Savard got hemmed in the zone a bit much but was ok. Wisniewski got beat a couple of times. Prout didn't look good IMO, he kept giving the puck away. Erixon was pretty good but I don't think he's the guy to babysit Wisniewski (that role should fall to the one and only Ryan Murray). Don't know that I'd shake up the pairings, but definitely need the defense to look sharper.

Boll was pretty good, yes, although he did get the puck once right in front of the net and WIDE OPEN and he flubbed on it. Other than that, he had a good, hard working night.

Now, Wennberg. I don't know if anyone is going to agree with me, I'd be interested to hear but, I thought Wennberg played not good... in-fact, he had 16 minutes of TOI. that's incredible to me. why? because I barely noticed him at all besides the high stick penalty.

It looked like Wennberg had some jitters in his game. He wasn't noticeable which isn't necessarily a bad thing, he was usually in the right spot and didn't cough up the puck too much. Lots of room for improvement. He looked much better when he took a shift with Johansen and Foligno.

Anybody else notice how Nathan Horton hobbled his way to the bench during the opening introductions?
Who?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
does anyone have the Stempniak and Hartnell hits? While looking around all I see is comments on how Columbus is a goon team that gets away with everything blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad